Lumbar Laminectomy Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Lumbar Laminectomy?
Lumbar Laminectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the lamina, the rear portion of a spinal bone in the lower back, thus creating more space in the spinal canal.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In this procedure, an incision is made in the lower back, pulling the muscles aside to expose the spine.
Then, the surgeon will remove bone and bone spurs pressing onto nerves and cut away thickened ligaments to decompress the area.
Who is the Right Doctor for Lumbar Laminectomy?
An Orthopedic Surgeon is the right doctor to consult for Lumbar Laminectomy.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Usually, the success rate varies between 85-90%.
The associated risks of Lumbar Laminectomy may be -
- Blood clots in the legs
- Nerve damage
- Spinal fluid leak
- Worsening of chronic back pain.
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Lumbar Laminectomy in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Lumbar Laminectomy in United Arab Emirates
Life Care Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- Founded in 2007, LifeCare is a multispeciality hospital based in Abu Dhabi providing the highest level of medical excellence, it was established by Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil and is accredited by JCL(Joint Commission International).
- The hospital deals with different specialties such as cardiology, neurology, ENT, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, Opthalmology, Gynecology, etc. The team comprises skilled general and specialty medical practitioners, nurses, technologists along with personnel having extensive experience.
- It is a 200 bedded Hospital and offers a different category of rooms depending on patient requirements such as Regular suites, VIP rooms, Private single rooms, Semi-Private Rooms, and Isolation Rooms.
- The healthcare institution has a team of over 5000 employees providing quality care to over 2 million people for 13 years and is well equipped with all the latest treatment modalities.
Fakeeh University Hospital, Dubai
- Fakeeh University Hospital is a multi-speciality hospital launched in 2018 by the Fakeeh Care Group, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- The hospital is a leading choice when it comes to primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare for patients that offers treatments across +20 specialities.
- Fakeeh University Hospital is a Smart Hospital, fully equipped with cutting-edge technology and smart systems to meet the unique needs of the hospital and patients. The hospital has fully integrated electronic medical records, supports improvements to the quality and efficiency of healthcare services for patients and the general public. It also uses integrated virtual, home and hospital visit for patient convenience and care.
- The hospital is constructed over 1 million square feet area and has a capacity of 350 beds, 35 adult ICU beds, 10 Pediatric ICU beds, 15 NICU beds and the largest emergency department in the private sector spread across 35,000 square feet.
- The hospital can handle a capacity of 7,00,000 patients a year.
- Some of the other facilities at the hospital include, 24* 7 Emergency Care, Cath Lab, Inpatient Services Facilities, Intensive Care Unit, Laboratory Pharmacy and Outpatient Services Facilities. Some of its specialised medical services, the hospital now offers, Occupational Health Screenings, COVID-19 Screening Patient Focused Clinics, FUH Life and FUH Life.
- The hospital uses innovative diagnostic technology, advanced data-assisted and automated medication dispensing systems, which combined with leading medical expertise, makes patient diagnoses and care precise and efficient.
- The medical professionals at Fakeeh University Hospital are highly experienced with advanced medical knowledge. The medical staff is also skilled, congenial, empathic and truly concerned about patients.
- The hospital building is planned as a 100% green building structure with ample green spaces, water bodies and natural light. It is promoted as a completely smoke-free healthcare facility.
- The interiors are pleasing and aesthetically done.
- The premises are spotlessly clean.
- Fakeeh University Hospital is also a teaching hospital set up to provide world-class medical education and also to enable the recovery of patients by bringing the outcomes of advanced research to them.
- The hospital will be a benchmark to foster ties for medical collaboration and international affiliations. It will combine medical education with evidence-based medicine in a modern environment.
NMC Speciality Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- NMC Speciality Hospital, Abu Dhabi is a multi-speciality hospital providing the best and quality healthcare services to people in Abu Dhabi and its surrounding areas.
- It is part of NMC Healthcare which is the largest private healthcare company in the UAE and world-famous as a leading fertility service providers.
- With more than 32 specialities, this Hospital is also known for its Advanced Cancer Care and Weight loss programme.
- Its high standard quality and excellent patient service are accredited by the JCI. It is also accredited by the World Endoscopy Organisation (WEO), and the Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS).
- It has tie-ups with national and international insurance companies like the International SOS, Allianz insurance, Cigna etc to ensure easy and efficient billing services to patients.
- It is a member of the Dubai Health Experience and Abu Dhabi Medical Tourism.
- It is declared a COVID-19 free Hospital by the local authorities also ensuring to maintain all COVID care protocols at the same time.
- It has a dedicated international patient team that ensures smooth assistance from the moment of registration to post-operation follow-up.
Doctors for Lumbar Laminectomy in United Arab Emirates
NeurologistSenior Consultant, 34 years of experience
- Dr. Fadel Fouad Gendy has earned the reputation of a leading Neurosurgeon with his surgical and consultative practice spanning over 34 years.
- After his graduation from Cairo University he also earned his PG. He then earned his MD and PhD qualifications from Ein Shams University, Cairo. Dr. Gendy went on to achieve further training at Vienna University, Austria and New Jersey, the USA. He also received training in cervical spine surgery from Barcelona University in Spain and for microsurgery at Columbia University in New York.
- Dr. Gendy is a leading neurosurgeon who performs surgeries for brain tumour, spinal tumour, spinal fixation, spinal trauma and head trauma. He is a leading medical professional for minimally invasive spine surgeries, back and neck pain, congenital anomalies of the brain and spinal cord in children and disc herniation. He also treats disc diseases, stroke, epilepsy and brain hemorrhage.
- He has attended many national and international conferences and presented several papers.
NeurosurgeonVisiting Consultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Muhammed Chishti is a renowned and established Neurosurgeon with +35 years of experience in the field.
- He has done his MBBS from Dow Medical College University of Karachi, Pakistan. In 1982, he went to UK where he obtained fellowships from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh and Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians Glasgow. Here, he completed his training and obtained his Intercollegiate Neurosurgery fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh in 1989.
- Dr. Chishti is an expert neurosurgeon, known to treat brain tumors, aneurism and AVM, hydrocephalus, craniosynostosis with all type of cranial trauma. In spine, he has extensive experience in degenerative spinal disease, spinal tumors, infections and spinal dysraphism.
- He has acquired extensive experience in these 30 years, especially during his stint in Pakistan, where he even treated cases from Afghanistan.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 24 years of experience
- Dr. Nicandro Figueiredo is a leading Spinal Neurosurgeon with +24 years of experience in the field of neurosurgery and orthopedic surgery.
- He holds professional memberships of the, North American Spine Society, the AO Spine (Switzerland), Brazilian Spine and Neurosurgical Society and the UAE Neurosurgical Society among other affiliations.
- Dr. Figueiredo completed his medical school from the University of Brasilia, followed by residency at the Base Hospital of Brasilia and PG too. In 1997, he also underwent a post-residency training at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and New York University, in USA. Between 1999-00, he earned fellowships from the Johns Hopkins and the University of Wisconsin Hospital, USA.
- He is a reputed neurosurgeon, with expertise to perform spinal surgeries in children and adults, spinal deformity corrections/trauma/percutaneous kyphoplasty/tumours/cysts/infections. Some of the other surgeries he performs are, minimally invasive spinal surgeries, microsurgery, spinal fusion, arthroplasty techniques, spinal neuronavigation and O-arm for 3D intraoperative image acquisition.
- Besides his surgical practice, Dr. Figueiredo also pursues his academic interests. He is a Visiting Professor of Neurosurgery for the Medical School and Residency Program of Neurosurgery, at the University of Cuiaba, in Brazil.
- Dr. Figueiredo also attends national and international conferences, where he speaks, instructs or is invited as a guest.
- Prof. Figueiredo has many published papers and book chapters to his name. He is the Academic Editor of the section of spinal surgery, Journal Medicine®, USA, and a reviewer of many other medical journals.
Lumbar Laminectomy Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Lumbar Laminectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Once the nerves are getting compressed and the spine is unstable, there are some symptoms that eventually start appearing such as - loss of urine and stool control, sharp pain while walking which in the extreme case can lead to paralysis.
If the patient is doing surgery once these symptoms have started appearing, some of these changes in the body are irreversible. Hence, once the diagnosis is made, the patient shouldn't wait unnecessarily for the surgery.
It is between 95-97%.
50-year life expectancy.
Depends upon each individual, usually pain because of the surgery goes away in 1-2 weeks and pain from pre-surgery goes away in 3 - 6 months (in worst case)
Spine surgeries have become extremely safe since the onset of the latest techniques like Neuronavigation. Even then the risk to life is less than 1 % and the chances of surgery to fail will be between 2 - 5%.
Lumbar laminectomy surgery is being done for treating the symptoms of central spinal stenosis or narrowing of the spina canal. This surgery removes all or posterior part of the vertebra or provide more space for the compressed spinal cord or nerve roots.
Lumbar laminectomy is done to relieve pressure on spinal nerve treats problems related to disc or to remove tumor from spine. One of the most common reason for going for laminectomy is the presence of herniated disc in the spine. The disk may be damaged or displaced because of presence of injury or some wear and tear.
There can be damage to the neural tissue in lumber spine this is one of the complications of the open lumbar laminectomy which can also injury to the spinal cord, formation of the scar tissue etc.
During the Lumbar Laminectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
You may stay in the hospital for about 4-5 days generally
Lumbar laminectomy takes around two to three hours to complete. You will be in hospital for 3 days after surgery.
Lumbar laminectomy is being done by an orthopaedic surgeon.
The patient is positioned in downward direction on the operating table, incisions are being made depending on the number of levels to be treated. In single level laminectomy only a small incision is needed while in multilevel laminectomy 3-4 inch incision is needed. In traditional surgery a retractor is needed to spread the muscles apart to expose vertebras. Then a portion of lamina is removed to uncover the elastic like ligament. Next, the surgeon cuts an opening in the to reach the spinal canal. Once the compressed nerve can be seen, the cause of nerve compression can be identified. The surgeon gently retracts the nerve, and the source of the compression is removed—the pressure on the spinal nerve or nerve components is relieved.
After Lumbar Laminectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
By 4 to 6 weeks after lumbar fusion surgery, most patients are cleared to return to work.
Yes after the duration of 6 months it is possible.
No,it will not get affected.
Pain is there in the lower limb 2-4 days after surgery and pain can also be seen 3 weeks after surgery. This pain is usually less than the pain you experience before surgery but in some cases it can be severe or can be traumatic.
You have to stay in hospital for few days after surgery and then ypu will be discharged. Till then you have to limit your physical activity. You can walk 2-3 days after surgery but with precautions.
You should avoid strenuous activities such as bicycle riding, jogging, lifting heavy weight, and aerobic exercises till doctor says you can do it. You should not drive 2-4 weeks after surgery.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Spine Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals