Lumbar Laminectomy Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Lumbar Laminectomy?
Lumbar Laminectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the lamina, the rear portion of a spinal bone in the lower back, thus creating more space in the spinal canal.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In this procedure, an incision is made in the lower back, pulling the muscles aside to expose the spine.
Then, the surgeon will remove bone and bone spurs pressing onto nerves and cut away thickened ligaments to decompress the area.
Who is the Right Doctor for Lumbar Laminectomy?
An Orthopedic Surgeon is the right doctor to consult for Lumbar Laminectomy.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Usually, the success rate varies between 85-90%.
The associated risks of Lumbar Laminectomy may be -
- Blood clots in the legs
- Nerve damage
- Spinal fluid leak
- Worsening of chronic back pain.
Cost related to Lumbar Laminectomy in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Lumbar Laminectomy for Spine||USD 9900 to USD 12100|
|Spinal Laminectomy||USD 7965 to USD 9735|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Lumbar Laminectomy in TurkeyFilter
Showing 16 Hospitals and doctors for Lumbar Laminectomy in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
- The Hisar Hospital’s Neurology department works with a multidisciplinary approach with an aim to provide diagnostic and effective healthcare.
- The Hisar Hospital’s Oncology department offers services such as management of Alzheimer’s disease, Back pain, Bell’s palsy, Birth defects of the brain and spinal cord, Brain Injury, Cerebral palsy, Disk disease of the neck and lower back, Dizziness, Epilepsy, Headaches, Migraines, Sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, etc.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
The Department of Neuroscience at Medical Park offers specialized neurological services, and specialists committed to providing state-of-the-art, all-inclusive care.
Prof. Dr. Surat Canbay is one of the renowned Neurosurgeons in Medical Park Hospital with experience of 30+ years.
His clinical area of interest lies in the treatment of brain and spine tumors.
Medical Park Neurology & Neurosurgery Center programs are led by internationally recognized specialists who are the experts in diagnosing and treating the most complex brain and spinal disorders.
Medical Park is rated the World's 10th Most Excellent Center in Parkinson's Disease Surgery.
The method applied in the surgical treatment of Parkinson's Disease and many movement disorders success rates is 80%.
In the neurological department at Medical Park Group, the department offers Brain Tumor Surgery, Tremor Surgery, and Spinal Surgery and other special treatment methods.
American Hospital, Istanbul
- For 30 years American hospitals have been offering treatments for Neurological disorders.
- The neurological department works around the clock with emergency assistance.
- The services offered by them include the treatment of the brain, spinal cord disorders, peripheral nerves, and muscle diseases. Also, provides Diagnostic EEG, video recording EEG, EMG, SEP, VEP, BAEP, and magnetic stimulation tests.
- Annually, 7-8 thousand patients are treated in the neurological department and approximately 1,200 EMG-SEP examinations are performed.
Doctors for Lumbar Laminectomy in Turkey
Spine SurgeonAssociate Professor, 20 years of experience
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Halil Burc is an Spine Surgeon at Hisar Intercontinental Hospital, Istanbul.
He completed his medical school from Marmara University in 1998 followed by various training certifications from several prestigious institutions. Further, he joined Süleyman Demirel University as an Assistant Professor in 2015.
Currently, he is actively associated with several organizations including the Turkish Association of Orthopedics and Traumatology (TOTBİD), the Turkish Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology (ACTA), the Turkish Medical Association and more.
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Op. Dr. Mehmet Aydogan is a well-known Orthopaedist, Traumatologist & Advanced Spine Surgeon with experience of 20+ years.
- He has Memberships of Scientific Organizations such as the Turkish Medical Association (TTB), Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Association (TOTBID), Turkish Spine Association (TOD), Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery Association (MINOD), North America Spine Society (NASS), Scoliosis Research Society (SRS), and European Spine Society (ESS).
- He graduated from Ege University Faculty of Medicine (1990 - 1996) and gained a Fellowship in 2009 from Comprehensive Spine Center University of California Los Angeles, USA,
- He also has an International Spine Fellow from the Comprehensive Spine Center University of California Los Angeles, USA (2009 - 2010).
- Dr. Aydogan has a keen interest in areas such as Rope Scoliosis Surgery (Non-Fusion Scoliosis Surgery), Spinal Canal Stenosis, Waist Shift, Cervical Disc Prosthesis, Spinal Fractures, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Laser - Endoscopic Discectomy, Pediatric - Adult Spine Deformities, etc.
Lumbar Laminectomy Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Lumbar Laminectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Once the nerves are getting compressed and the spine is unstable, there are some symptoms that eventually start appearing such as - loss of urine and stool control, sharp pain while walking which in the extreme case can lead to paralysis.
If the patient is doing surgery once these symptoms have started appearing, some of these changes in the body are irreversible. Hence, once the diagnosis is made, the patient shouldn't wait unnecessarily for the surgery.
It is between 95-97%.
50-year life expectancy.
Depends upon each individual, usually pain because of the surgery goes away in 1-2 weeks and pain from pre-surgery goes away in 3 - 6 months (in worst case)
Spine surgeries have become extremely safe since the onset of the latest techniques like Neuronavigation. Even then the risk to life is less than 1 % and the chances of surgery to fail will be between 2 - 5%.
Lumbar laminectomy surgery is being done for treating the symptoms of central spinal stenosis or narrowing of the spina canal. This surgery removes all or posterior part of the vertebra or provide more space for the compressed spinal cord or nerve roots.
Lumbar laminectomy is done to relieve pressure on spinal nerve treats problems related to disc or to remove tumor from spine. One of the most common reason for going for laminectomy is the presence of herniated disc in the spine. The disk may be damaged or displaced because of presence of injury or some wear and tear.
There can be damage to the neural tissue in lumber spine this is one of the complications of the open lumbar laminectomy which can also injury to the spinal cord, formation of the scar tissue etc.
During the Lumbar Laminectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
You may stay in the hospital for about 4-5 days generally
Lumbar laminectomy takes around two to three hours to complete. You will be in hospital for 3 days after surgery.
Lumbar laminectomy is being done by an orthopaedic surgeon.
The patient is positioned in downward direction on the operating table, incisions are being made depending on the number of levels to be treated. In single level laminectomy only a small incision is needed while in multilevel laminectomy 3-4 inch incision is needed. In traditional surgery a retractor is needed to spread the muscles apart to expose vertebras. Then a portion of lamina is removed to uncover the elastic like ligament. Next, the surgeon cuts an opening in the to reach the spinal canal. Once the compressed nerve can be seen, the cause of nerve compression can be identified. The surgeon gently retracts the nerve, and the source of the compression is removed—the pressure on the spinal nerve or nerve components is relieved.
After Lumbar Laminectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
By 4 to 6 weeks after lumbar fusion surgery, most patients are cleared to return to work.
Yes after the duration of 6 months it is possible.
No,it will not get affected.
Pain is there in the lower limb 2-4 days after surgery and pain can also be seen 3 weeks after surgery. This pain is usually less than the pain you experience before surgery but in some cases it can be severe or can be traumatic.
You have to stay in hospital for few days after surgery and then ypu will be discharged. Till then you have to limit your physical activity. You can walk 2-3 days after surgery but with precautions.
You should avoid strenuous activities such as bicycle riding, jogging, lifting heavy weight, and aerobic exercises till doctor says you can do it. You should not drive 2-4 weeks after surgery.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Spine Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Lumbar Laminectomy
FAQ videos related to Lumbar Laminectomy
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Lumbar Laminectomy in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Lumbar Laminectomy in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- India, USD 3040 to USD 4560, approximately 65% lower than Turkey
- Thailand, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 9% higher than Turkey
- Germany, USD 7120 to USD 10680, approximately 19% lower than Turkey
- Israel, USD 5600 to USD 8400, approximately 36% lower than Turkey
- Singapore, USD 12000 to USD 18000, approximately 36% higher than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 6080 to USD 9120, approximately 31% lower than Turkey