Lumbar Laminectomy Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Lumbar Laminectomy?
Lumbar Laminectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the lamina, the rear portion of a spinal bone in the lower back, thus creating more space in the spinal canal.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In this procedure, an incision is made in the lower back, pulling the muscles aside to expose the spine.
Then, the surgeon will remove bone and bone spurs pressing onto nerves and cut away thickened ligaments to decompress the area.
Who is the Right Doctor for Lumbar Laminectomy?
An Orthopedic Surgeon is the right doctor to consult for Lumbar Laminectomy.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Usually, the success rate varies between 85-90%.
The associated risks of Lumbar Laminectomy may be -
- Blood clots in the legs
- Nerve damage
- Spinal fluid leak
- Worsening of chronic back pain.
Cost related to Lumbar Laminectomy in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Lumbar Laminectomy for Spine||USD 6840 to USD 8360|
Lumbar Laminectomy in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Lumbar Laminectomy are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Lumbar Laminectomy in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 8 Hospitals and doctors for Lumbar Laminectomy in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading hospitals in Malaysia accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the highest international quality accreditation in terms of patient safety and health care services.
- Established in 1996, the hospital is delivering healthcare and excellence for over 25 years.
- The Hospital is particularly known for its Cardiology, Oncology, and Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery.
- It provides comprehensive medical and surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, ENT, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Surgery to mention a few.
- Gleneagles Hospital has one of the most advanced technologies like Gamma Knife and Da Vinci Si Surgery System.
- A well-equipped Imaging Department like Ultrasound Examination, Computed Tomography Scan (C.T. Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Non-vascular Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and General Radiography.
- The Hospital also received several awards namely, the 'International Hospital of the Year,' and 'Highly Commended for Excellence in Customer Service' award from the prestigious International Medical Travel Journal in 2018. It also received the 'Best Health Screening Provider in Asia Pacific' by the Global Health and Travel Awards 2019.
- Several services are provided for international patients such as Visa, flight booking, airport transfer, accommodation, air evacuation & repatriation, doctor referral and appointment, cost estimation, emergency care, and sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur is a premier healthcare hospital that has been serving people from all over the world for 47 years.
- It is a one-stop integrated healthcare provider that specialises particularly in Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, and Paediatrics.
- Besides this, it has many medical and surgical departments like Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology & Interventional Radiology, Urology, Fertility Services – IVF, and Cranio-Facial Surgery.
- It is supported by cutting-edge technologies like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerised Tomography (CT) scan, PET-CT, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Bone densitometry, Orthopantomography and other interventional procedures.
- It has the prestigious JCI accreditation along with a certification by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH). It is also a certified Baby-Friendly Hospital.
- The International Patient Centre (IPC) is available to assist international patients from admission to discharge along with airport transfers.
Gleneagles Hospital, Penang
- Gleneagles Hospital, Penang has been providing healthcare services for 48 years with the highest quality medical and surgical services, patient care, and support.
- It was given a JCI accreditation with a Gold Seal of Approval for international quality standards for patient care and organization management in 2016; a reflection of the Hospital's exemplary healthcare quality standards.
- It is a tertiary care hospital for both national and international patients providing a one-stop services.
- Its comprehensive medical and surgical specialities include Cariology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Electrophysiology, ENT, Endocrine Surgery, Foot & Ankle Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynaecological Oncology, Interventional Radiology, Paediatrics including Orthopaedics, Surgery, and Urology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, Spinal Surgery and other specialities.
- The Hospital is also Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) accredited.
- International patients are assisted in services such as visa, flight, doctor's appointment and hospital discharge, emergency, airport transfers, special dietary needs, accommodation, language interpretation, and local sightseeing.
Doctors for Lumbar Laminectomy in Malaysia
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 40 years of experience
- Dr. Paramaswaran Suppiah is a leading and a highly trained Spine Surgeon with +40 years of experience.
- In 1981, he completed his MD from the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia and then in 1988, he earned a fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK.
- Dr. Suppiah is a specialist in spine injury and treating sports injury. Some of the surgeries he performs are, motion-preserving lumbar and cervical spine surgery, complex spinal reconstruction, revision spinal surgery and minimally-invasive spinal decompression and fusion surgery. He also treats spinal cord tumours and administers stem cell therapy in spinal cord injury.
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Harwant Singh is a leading Spine Surgeon with +20 years of experience in the field of orthopedics.
- He completed his MD from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia and then did M.Ch from the University of Liverpool, United Kingdom and two fellowships from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, United Kingdom and the International Center for Orthopaedic Education. He was a Fulbright Fellow in 2001 and a Visiting Fellow in Healthcare Ethics at Oxford in 2009.
- Dr. Singh is an expert at spine surgery, with particular interest in minimally-invasive spine surgery. He holds many patents in new spine technology.
- He has contributed extensively to 53 peer-reviwed journals, and 51 peer-reviewed indexed abstracts. He has contributed several chapters to spine reference books.
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 25 years of experience
- Dr. Saw Lim Beng is a well-known Spine Surgeon having 25 years of experience.
- He performs procedures like Orthopedic trauma surgery, Spine surgery, Spinal deformity surgery, Spinal degenerative diseases, Spinal fusion surgery and Minimally invasive spine surgery.
- He is a member of the Malaysian Medical Council, the World Society for Endoscopic, Navigated & Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery (WENMISS), the Malaysia Spine Society, the Malaysia Orthopaedic Association and the AO Spine.
- Dr. Saw Lim Beng has completed an MBBS (1996) from the Manipal Academy of higher education (MAHE), India.
- He did MS (2005) from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
- He has a Fellowship (2008) in Spine Surgery from Hong Kong University.
- Dr. Saw Lim Beng is well-versed in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien and Bahasa Malaysia.
Lumbar Laminectomy Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Lumbar Laminectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Once the nerves are getting compressed and the spine is unstable, there are some symptoms that eventually start appearing such as - loss of urine and stool control, sharp pain while walking which in the extreme case can lead to paralysis.
If the patient is doing surgery once these symptoms have started appearing, some of these changes in the body are irreversible. Hence, once the diagnosis is made, the patient shouldn't wait unnecessarily for the surgery.
It is between 95-97%.
50-year life expectancy.
Depends upon each individual, usually pain because of the surgery goes away in 1-2 weeks and pain from pre-surgery goes away in 3 - 6 months (in worst case)
Spine surgeries have become extremely safe since the onset of the latest techniques like Neuronavigation. Even then the risk to life is less than 1 % and the chances of surgery to fail will be between 2 - 5%.
Lumbar laminectomy surgery is being done for treating the symptoms of central spinal stenosis or narrowing of the spina canal. This surgery removes all or posterior part of the vertebra or provide more space for the compressed spinal cord or nerve roots.
Lumbar laminectomy is done to relieve pressure on spinal nerve treats problems related to disc or to remove tumor from spine. One of the most common reason for going for laminectomy is the presence of herniated disc in the spine. The disk may be damaged or displaced because of presence of injury or some wear and tear.
There can be damage to the neural tissue in lumber spine this is one of the complications of the open lumbar laminectomy which can also injury to the spinal cord, formation of the scar tissue etc.
During the Lumbar Laminectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
You may stay in the hospital for about 4-5 days generally
Lumbar laminectomy takes around two to three hours to complete. You will be in hospital for 3 days after surgery.
Lumbar laminectomy is being done by an orthopaedic surgeon.
The patient is positioned in downward direction on the operating table, incisions are being made depending on the number of levels to be treated. In single level laminectomy only a small incision is needed while in multilevel laminectomy 3-4 inch incision is needed. In traditional surgery a retractor is needed to spread the muscles apart to expose vertebras. Then a portion of lamina is removed to uncover the elastic like ligament. Next, the surgeon cuts an opening in the to reach the spinal canal. Once the compressed nerve can be seen, the cause of nerve compression can be identified. The surgeon gently retracts the nerve, and the source of the compression is removed—the pressure on the spinal nerve or nerve components is relieved.
After Lumbar Laminectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
By 4 to 6 weeks after lumbar fusion surgery, most patients are cleared to return to work.
Yes after the duration of 6 months it is possible.
No,it will not get affected.
Pain is there in the lower limb 2-4 days after surgery and pain can also be seen 3 weeks after surgery. This pain is usually less than the pain you experience before surgery but in some cases it can be severe or can be traumatic.
You have to stay in hospital for few days after surgery and then ypu will be discharged. Till then you have to limit your physical activity. You can walk 2-3 days after surgery but with precautions.
You should avoid strenuous activities such as bicycle riding, jogging, lifting heavy weight, and aerobic exercises till doctor says you can do it. You should not drive 2-4 weeks after surgery.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Spine Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Lumbar Laminectomy
FAQ videos related to Lumbar Laminectomy
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Lumbar Laminectomy in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Lumbar Laminectomy in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- India, USD 3040 to USD 4560, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia
- Turkey, USD 8800 to USD 13200, approximately 45% higher than Malaysia
- Thailand, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 58% higher than Malaysia
- Germany, USD 7120 to USD 10680, approximately 17% higher than Malaysia
- Israel, USD 5600 to USD 8400, approximately 8% lower than Malaysia
- Singapore, USD 12000 to USD 18000, approximately 97% higher than Malaysia