Liver Cancer Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Liver Cancer?
Cancer That Begins From Liver Cells is Known as Liver Cancer.
There are many types of liver cancer, such as -
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma (most common)
- Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma
- Hepatoblastoma (less common)
The Early Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cancer Include -
- Loss of Appetite
- Weight Loss
- Upper Abdominal Pain
- General Weakness
How is the Procedure Performed?
Treatment varies depending upon the stage of cancer-
In the early stages of liver cancer, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and radiofrequency ablations are used.
A hepatectomy or liver transplantation is advised in cases of advanced stages and liver failure condition.
Who is the Right Doctor for Liver Cancer Treatment?
The cancer of the liver is treated at the initial stages by a Medical Oncologist, a Hepatologist, and an Interventional Radiologist.
For transplant surgeries, one needs a Transplant Surgeon.
What tests are required?
The screening test for liver cancer mainly includes -
- A blood test for AFP (Alpha-fetoprotein), a substance produced by cancer cells
- CT scan
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The recovery rate of liver cancer is reasonably good in case of early diagnosis and where the patient is healthy otherwise.
With the advancement in medical technology, the success rate of liver transplants has also been improved.
The highest risk factor for liver cancer is a chronic infection of the hepatitis B and C virus.
Other factors are alcohol consumption, fatty liver, genetics, diabetes, liver cirrhosis, and exposure to aflatoxins.
The cost of Liver Cancer includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include [Blood tests, Ultrasound, Liver Biopsy, Computerized Tomography (CT) scan, and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests that may be required to know the status of the disease during the course of treatment
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Liver Cancer Treatment in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Liver Cancer Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Prime Hospital, Dubai
- Prime Hospital, Dubai is a multi-speciality hospital set up in 1999 that is now counted among the leading healthcare facilities in the United Arab Emirates.
- The hospital has been accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in 2016 and by the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) in 2019.
- Prime Hospital, Dubai offers treatments in +30 departments, has a capacity of 100 beds and is equipped with the latest medical and surgical equipments.
- The hospital's other infrastructure includes, an adult ICU, an emergency ward, state-of-the-art pathology and catheterisation lab, neonatal and pediatric ICU, maternity and pediatric floors, a day surgery unit and a family clinic.
- Prime Hospital, Dubai has an expert team of surgeons and doctors. Its medical staff is also highly trained and follows safety standards that are at par with those in other parts of the world.
- The hospital has been constructed in accordance with the American Institute of Architects Hospital Architecture (AIA) guidelines and as per international quality accreditation standards.
- The hospital offers special offers for payment without charging interest.
- Prime Hospital, Dubai offers Prime Homecare, an offering of diagnostic and medical services for those confined to homes. These are provided by a licensed team from the hospital who are as competent in delivering the services.
- The hospital premises are aesthetically done, spacious and well-lit. It has a spacious lounge.
- The hospital offers deluxe and premier stay options. It has a cafeteria too.
Saudi German Hospital, Dubai
- The Saudi German Hospital, Dubai belongs to one of the largest private healthcare hospital groups known as the Saudi German Hospital (SGH) Group in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The SGH Group is a trusted leading healthcare services provider in MENA.
- It is a multi-speciality hospital that provides tertiary care in Dubai and UAE.
- It provides a one-stop medical facilities and packages for international patients.
- Its popular procedures include Eye Surgery, GI Surgery, Joint Replacement Surgery, Cancer Treatment, Spine Surgery, Weight Loss Surgery, Heart Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery, Uro Surgery, and Neurosurgery.
- It is the first hospital in UAE to receive Trauma cases with the Dubai Ambulance office established in the premises.
- The Hospital's management of high quality with international standard is evident through its several international accreditations like JCI, CAP, ISO 9001: 2015 on Quality Management System and ISO 14001: 2015 on Environmental Management System.
- It received a Gold Certification for Patient Centered Care Excellence from Planetree International-USA.
- Its Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation also received an accreditation from CARF International (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities).
- It has a partnership with numerous insurance agencies such as Axa, Amity, Daman, MSH International, Oman etc.
Lifecare Hospital, Musaffah
- Lifecare Hospital at Musaffah in Abu Dhabi is an accredited hospital that provides cost-effective healthcare services without compromising quality medical and surgical care.
- It is a multispecialty hospital with 21 Departments offering Cardiology, Pulmonology, Dermatology, Neurology and Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Gastroenterology etc.
- It is a customer centric hospital that gives personalised care with dedicated physicians and medical staff to meet the growing needs of the people in UAE.
- It constantly innovates and keeps abreast of the latest developments in the healthcare sector and adopt best practices with world class technologies and infrastructure to cater the best to the patients.
- Its quality services is evident through the JCI Accreditation received in 2015 and ISO 9001:2015 Certiifcation in 2016.
- It has a partnership with insurances like Oman, Daman, Amity, Nextcare etc.
Doctors for Liver Cancer Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Medical OncologistConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Dhanaraju Muniswamy is a reputed Medical Oncologist, practicing for more than 10 years in his field.
- He is a gold medalist and the best outgoing student in his super specialty course of DM Medical Oncology.
- He was the first Medical Oncologist that worked in the Hospital in Maldives.
- He has expertise in the management of cases: like breast cancers, gastrointestinal oncology, lung problems, Lymphomas, preventive oncology, and targeted and immunotherapy.
- He helped create awareness by conducting cancer screening camps and providing oncological services. He was also among the governing members of the start of the cancer registry in the country.
- As an author, he has over 10 publications in various indexed national and international journals.
- He has won the ISMPO paper presentation.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud has over 15 years of clinical experience as a leading Medical Oncologist.
- Her specialization is Gastrointestinal cancer (including oesophagus, gastric, colon, rectal, liver and pancreas), Solid and Haematology malignancy and Solid Tumour (especially gastrointestinal tract tumour).
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the Syrian Board in Medical Oncology, the Syrian Oncology Society, the Emirate Oncology Society and the Emirates Medical Association.
- She graduated from Damascus University, Syria with an MS (2006).
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud has a Master's degree (2011) in medical oncology from the Minister of Higher Education, Syria.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 27 years of experience
- Dr. Urfan Ul Haq is a renowned Medical Oncologist with nearly 27 years of work experience to his credit.
- He is a member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), UK and the European Society of Medical Oncology.
He completed his graduation (MBBS) from Ayub Medical College in 1994 and further went on to complete his European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO) certification.
He even pursued his UK Medical Oncology subspecialty certification. He was even granted a Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (FCPS) Fellowship in Pakistan.
Dr. Urfan Ul Haq is an instructor at Advanced Life Support (ALS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and strongly believes in sharing his professional knowledge at the same centre.
His areas of special expertise include administering all kinds of tumours, especially breast. He additionally carries out colorectal and targeted therapy as well.
- He is actively involved in research work and has numerous publications in National and International journals to his credit.
Liver Cancer Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals