Limb Lengthening Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Limb Lengthening?
Limb Lengthening is achieved using the body's capacity to regenerate new bone as well as the soft tissues, ligaments, blood vessels, and nerves that surround and support it.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The procedure begins with an operation called an osteotomy, in which the Orthopaedic Surgeon cuts the bone to be lengthened.
The limb (usually the upper or lower leg) is then stabilized using one of several different external and internal fixation devices.
Who is the Right Doctor for Limb Lengthening?
The right doctor to consult for Limb Lengthening is an Orthopaedic and a Joint Replacement Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate is high and varies between 89-95%.
Possible risks of Limb Lengthening may include Infection, Delayed bone healing, Stiffness, and Swelling.
Cost related to Limb Lengthening in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Limb Lengthening||USD 13500 to USD 16500|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Limb Lengthening in TurkeyFilter
Showing 20 Hospitals and doctors for Limb Lengthening in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
- The Hisar Hospital’s Orthopedic department manages the diagnosis and treatment of all diseases as well as the injuries of the musculoskeletal system, traumatic, congenital, or acquired bones, joints, or soft tissue disorders.
- The Orthopedic department comprises of a team of qualified orthopedic surgeons, Joint & replacement surgeons, Orthopedicians with accomplished personnel.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
- Medical Park is one of the top research and treatment centers in the field of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Surgeons of the orthopedic department are fully competent about giving expertise nationally and internationally.
- Orthopedic department offer services such as Bone and Joint Surgery, Arthroplasty (Hip Replacement), Arthroplasty (Knee Prosthesis), Concussion, Foot and Ankle, General Orthopaedics and Fracture Care, Hand and Upper Extremity, Joint Replacement, Orthopedic Trauma, Pediatric Orthopedics, Rehabilitation, and Physical Therapy, Sarcoma Care, Shoulder Care, Spine Center, and Sports Medicine.
- At a medical park hospital, patients get well-coordinated healthcare services ran by internationally- recognized surgeons.
- Medical Park Orthopedics and Traumatology Center possess a highly skilled team that is entirely trained to heal complex wounds all over the body.
- Many surgical procedures are there for hip arthroplasty which includes the use of different metallic, ceramic or polyethylene materials to enhance the comfort of the patient.
American Hospital, Istanbul
The Americal hospital, Turkey was founded in 1920 by a US Navy Admiral L. Bristol. The hospital was started as a non-profitable institution. Nearly 120,000 patients are treated every year in addition to 20,000 inpatients. More than 10,000 surgeries are conducted every year. The hospital specifically keeps in consideration the laws, regulations, and principles of professional ethics. It also gives prime importance to the patient’s privacy. All the medical and administrative systems are constantly examined to look for the scope of improvement and provide patient satisfaction. The hospital is accredited by:
- Joint Commission International 2002, 2005, 2009, 2012, 2015, July 2018
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System April 2018
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System May 2018 (American Hospital is the “first” organization to receive the certificate among all public and private hospitals in Turkey.)
- ISO 27001 Information Security Management System May 2018
- Echocardiography Laboratory Accreditation by the European Association of Echocardiography (EAE) 2015
- Global Mobility Certificate by United Healthcare Global 2018
Doctors for Limb Lengthening in Turkey
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonConsultant, 22 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Mehmet Erdil is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon with over 22 years of experience.
- He completed his Faculty of Medicine education in 2001 and his Faculty of Medicine Orthopedics and Traumatology education in 2007, both from Istanbul University.
- He is an esteemed member of the Turkish Limb Extension and Reconstruction Association, the Turkish Foot Ankle Surgery Association, the Turkish Spine Association, TUSYAD (Turkish Sports Injuries, Arthroscopy, and Knee Association) / Board of Directors, TOTBID / Sports Traumatology Branch, TOTDER (Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Association), TOTEK (Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Education Council), Hip Joint Conservative Surgery Association / Board of Directors and TOTBID (Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Association).
- He has authored various papers in national and international journals.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonSenior Consultant, 15 years of experience
- Assoc. Dr. Sami Sökücü is a leading Orthopedic Surgeon with 15+ years of experience.
- Dr. Sami Sökücü is well-known for knee replacement surgery, hip replacement surgery, and trauma surgery.
- He completed his medical degree from Karadeniz Technical University of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey, in 2001.
- He is an esteemed member of the European Board of Orthopedics and Traumatology (EBOT), Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Association, Orthopedic Trauma Branch, Turkish Orthopedic and Traumatology Education Council (TOTEK), Association of Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology (TOTBİD), Association of Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology (TOTDER) and Istanbul Medical Association.
- He won the award of appreciation from the Provincial Health Directorate in 2011.
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Op. Dr. Mehmet Aydogan is a well-known Orthopaedist, Traumatologist & Advanced Spine Surgeon with experience of 20+ years.
- He has Memberships of Scientific Organizations such as the Turkish Medical Association (TTB), Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Association (TOTBID), Turkish Spine Association (TOD), Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery Association (MINOD), North America Spine Society (NASS), Scoliosis Research Society (SRS), and European Spine Society (ESS).
- He graduated from Ege University Faculty of Medicine (1990 - 1996) and gained a Fellowship in 2009 from Comprehensive Spine Center University of California Los Angeles, USA,
- He also has an International Spine Fellow from the Comprehensive Spine Center University of California Los Angeles, USA (2009 - 2010).
- Dr. Aydogan has a keen interest in areas such as Rope Scoliosis Surgery (Non-Fusion Scoliosis Surgery), Spinal Canal Stenosis, Waist Shift, Cervical Disc Prosthesis, Spinal Fractures, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Laser - Endoscopic Discectomy, Pediatric - Adult Spine Deformities, etc.
Before Limb Lengthening - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Diabetes doesn't seem to raise risks after this surgery. If you have high blood pressure and if it is under control, there is no reason to worry about not having a safe and successful surgery.
Even if your blood pressure becomes elevated during surgery you will be given intravenous medication to reduce it. Consult your cardiologist if you are planning to undergo the surgery because some medicine doses are modified accordingly.
Generally, the surgery can add 2 inches to a patient's height.1 inch is increased per month after the consolidation of 3 months.
Yes, the arms-length can be extended too.
Limb lengthening surgery can be done safely and effectively in both children and adults–including those in their 20s, 30s, 40s, and even 50s.
Limb lengthening surgery is the procedure which is being used for lengthening the bones in the arms and legs region and this is a gradual process which makes your bones and soft tissues to slowly increase in length. This procedure will take several months to be completed.
No, limb lengthening surgery is not painful you will be under general anesthesia you will not feel any pain or sensation. If you ae using a lengthening rod inside the bone or external fixator there will be soreness as the bones and muscles lengthen and you will be given medicines for reducing pain.
Limb lengthening surgery can be done in both children and adults who are in the age of 20s to 60s.
This surgery involves series of treatment and it has a long recovery period along with some risks also. But it can even add few inches of length to a leg and it is done under general anaesthesia.
During the Limb Lengthening - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It usually lasts for 1.5-2 hours.
The time duration of limb lengthening surgery will take around two hours to complete and the lengthening process will take around two to three months.
Limb lengthening surgery stimulates the bone in legs or arms for longer growth. In this procedure the bone is cut and it is being attached with device which slowly moves the two ends of bone apart. When the bone space is opened the two ends of the bone will grow and fill the gap.
As we lengthen the bone we are stretching the soft tissues near the bone. As compared to daily stretching you can also do tight hamstrings but with gentle stretching. Patient is monitored very closely during this procedure, if the nerve is getting stretched too far or a muscle is getting too tight and slow down and can even stop the lengthening procedure.
After Limb Lengthening - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The patient will stay in the hospital for three days.
Healing usually requires from eight to 12 weeks, at which time full activities can be resumed.
In the case of leg shortening surgery, two to three weeks of hospitalization is common. Occasionally, a cast is placed on the leg for three to four weeks.
Depending upon your doctor the follow-up visits may or may not be required.
When your new bone is fully formed you can do any activity like before but for the first few days you have to adjust with the new length of your muscles but it will too long time.
This procedure has got some serious risks such as nerve damage, muscle damage, joint contracture, dislocations and arthritis. Patient should know about this surgery from before while they are deciding about the treatment.
After spending a little time of healing you can get back to your normal routine as early as possible. If you have a lengthening rod then you will not be able to put all your weight on the leg being lengthened and you have to use crutches until the bone is almost completely healed. If you have an external fixator, the frame will support your whole body weight and after a few weeks you won’t need crutches.
During the initial days of the surgery you have to visit your doctor for every weeks and after completing your first month you need to visit your doctor for every months after surgery.
The amount of time needed for limb lengthening surgery is decided by the growth of your limbs. Irrespective of the technique, it will take around six to nine months from the time of surgery.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals