Limb Lengthening Cost In ThailandChat
What is Limb Lengthening?
Limb Lengthening is achieved using the body's capacity to regenerate new bone as well as the soft tissues, ligaments, blood vessels, and nerves that surround and support it.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The procedure begins with an operation called an osteotomy, in which the Orthopaedic Surgeon cuts the bone to be lengthened.
The limb (usually the upper or lower leg) is then stabilized using one of several different external and internal fixation devices.
Who is the Right Doctor for Limb Lengthening?
The right doctor to consult for Limb Lengthening is an Orthopaedic and a Joint Replacement Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate is high and varies between 89-95%.
Possible risks of Limb Lengthening may include Infection, Delayed bone healing, Stiffness, and Swelling.
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Limb Lengthening in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Limb Lengthening in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok
- Established on 17 September 1980, the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok is a global pioneer in giving the best international standard healthcare services and one of the largest private multi-speciality hospitals in South East Asia with patients coming from over 190 countries annually.
- It is a one-stop healthcare destination for all types of patients with the ability to handle complex care needs.
- It practices a one-price policy for all patients regardless of whether they are local or international patients ensuring the principle value of "care for the people."
- It is a tertiary care hospital having over 45 Centres and Clinics namely, Arrhythmia Centre, Breast Centre, Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre, Children's (Paediatric) Centre, Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Digestive Disease (GI) Centre, Fertility Centre & IVF Clinic, Heart (Cardiology) Centre, Orthopaedic Centre, Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Centre, Spine Institute and many more.
- It is the only hospital in Thailand using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- It offers many Health Packages under various departments like Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound packages, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Packages, and Heart Disease Screening packages to mention a few.
- Being a leader in innovative patient services and medical technologies, it utilises state-of-the-art technologies like CardioInsight, a non-invasive diagnostics technology for diagnosing heart arrhythmias - the only active centre in the Asia Pacific.
- It was also the first IBM Watson - a machine-learning AI for Oncology sites in the world, enabling doctors and specialists to analyse patients' data against traditional means by a quicker and most accurate treatment possible.
- The Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre uses the MAKOplasty©, Mazor X and the da Vinci System having better consistency, accuracy, and faster recovery with less invasiveness in joint, spine, and cancer surgeries.
- It is the first private hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute, the first private hospital in Thailand to be awarded the Thailand Quality Class Award for organizational excellence, the first hospital to receive the award for Excellence in Health Tourism, receives Advanced Hospital Accreditation by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute of Thailand, and the first hospital in Asia to accredited The College of American Pathologists.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited since 2002, the first hospital in Asia to be DNV GL MIR Certified for Infection Risk in 2017, and the first non-USA hospital to receive the Global Healthcare Accreditation with Excellence designation from GHA - a reflection of the highest international quality and safety standards for overseas patients going to the hospital for treatment and care.
- It was listed as the best hospitals in Thailand for 2 consecutive years and one of the top 150 hospitals in the world in 2022.
- It has over 200 interpreters for patients whose language of communication is not English.
Vejthani Hospital Bangkok, Thailand
- Vejthani Hospital, established in 1994, is one of the leading private international hospitals in Thailand that provides JCI-accredited quaternary health care services.
- Cutting-edge medical technologies, internationally trained specialists, world-class health care standards, and authentic Thai hospitality are their key competencies.
- The hospital serves over 300,000 patients from over 100 countries annually with over 200 inpatient beds.
- Providing a team of knowledgeable translators ensures they are able to communicate effectively in over 20 languages, aptly resolving issues regarding barriers to communication in healthcare.
- Over 300 specialists across multiple specialties at Vejthani Hospital provide a comprehensive range of quaternary medical services, including bone marrow transplant, total joint replacement surgery, kidney transplant, plastic surgery, dental, skin & laser treatment, spine surgery, and gastrointestinal disorder treatment.
- Vejthani Hospital has received one of the highest numbers of Clinical Care Program Certifications (CCPCs) from Joint Commission International (JCI) in the United States, which accredits top-tier hospitals that achieve the highest facilitation for patient safety.
- Vejthani Hospital’s clinical care programs for Diabetes Type II, Hepatitis B, Knee Replacement, and Lumbar Decompression and Fixation have received JCI CCPC.
- As two of the certified fields are subcategories of orthopedics, makes it is popular for patients to claim that the hospital patients gave the hospital the title ‘The King of Bones.
- Vejthani Hospital is the first hospital in the world to receive Hepatitis B CCPC and is the first in Southeast Asia to receive Lumbar Decompression and Fixation CCPC.
Doctors for Limb Lengthening in Thailand
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonConsultant, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Paiboon Chaicharncheep is a renowned Orthopedics doctor in Thailand.
- Having worked with several hospitals, He has 30 years of relevant experience.
- Dr. Paiboon Chaicharncheep specialises in Trauma management, Management of Orthopedic Infections, and Deformity Corrections.
- His special clinical interest is in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty.
- Besides being affiliated with many hospitals, He has been professionally active in other important ways. He has been an active member of various organisations, including the Medical Council of Thailand.
- He earned his Medical Doctor (MD), Faculty of Medicine, from Mahidol University,1984 and Orthopedic Residency Training Program, Department of Orthopedics, from Pramongkutklao Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand.,1991
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Areesak Chotivichit
Spine SurgeonAssociate Professor, 39 years of experience
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Areesak Chotivichit is a reputed Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon.
- He has 39 years of vast experience in his field.
- His areas of specialization are total joint replacement and spine surgery.
- He did MD from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 1982, Fellowship in Total Joint Replacement from University of California, Los Angeles, USA, in 1987.
- He became Diplomate of The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery in 1994 and also gained Fellowship in Spinal Reconstructive Surgery from Johns Hopkins Hospital School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA, in 1997.
Clin. Prof. Dr. Vatanachai Rojvanit
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonSenior Consultant, 44 years of experience
- Clin. Prof. Dr. Vatanachai Rojvanit is a well-known and respectable Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon.
- He is an Orthopaedic Surgeon whose speciality is Shoulder and Arthoplasty with over 44 years of expertise.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council and the Thai Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Clin. Prof. Dr. Vatanachai Rojvanit has completed MD (1973) from Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan.
- He is trained in Orthopedics (1979) from the Siriraj Hospital, Thailand.
- He later trained in Arthroscopy of The Shoulder Joint (1984) from the University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Clin. Prof. Dr. Vatanachai Rojvanit is well-versed in English, Japanese, Mandarin, Teo Chew and Thai.
Before Limb Lengthening - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Diabetes doesn't seem to raise risks after this surgery. If you have high blood pressure and if it is under control, there is no reason to worry about not having a safe and successful surgery.
Even if your blood pressure becomes elevated during surgery you will be given intravenous medication to reduce it. Consult your cardiologist if you are planning to undergo the surgery because some medicine doses are modified accordingly.
Generally, the surgery can add 2 inches to a patient's height.1 inch is increased per month after the consolidation of 3 months.
Yes, the arms-length can be extended too.
Limb lengthening surgery can be done safely and effectively in both children and adults–including those in their 20s, 30s, 40s, and even 50s.
Limb lengthening surgery is the procedure which is being used for lengthening the bones in the arms and legs region and this is a gradual process which makes your bones and soft tissues to slowly increase in length. This procedure will take several months to be completed.
No, limb lengthening surgery is not painful you will be under general anesthesia you will not feel any pain or sensation. If you ae using a lengthening rod inside the bone or external fixator there will be soreness as the bones and muscles lengthen and you will be given medicines for reducing pain.
Limb lengthening surgery can be done in both children and adults who are in the age of 20s to 60s.
This surgery involves series of treatment and it has a long recovery period along with some risks also. But it can even add few inches of length to a leg and it is done under general anaesthesia.
During the Limb Lengthening - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It usually lasts for 1.5-2 hours.
The time duration of limb lengthening surgery will take around two hours to complete and the lengthening process will take around two to three months.
Limb lengthening surgery stimulates the bone in legs or arms for longer growth. In this procedure the bone is cut and it is being attached with device which slowly moves the two ends of bone apart. When the bone space is opened the two ends of the bone will grow and fill the gap.
As we lengthen the bone we are stretching the soft tissues near the bone. As compared to daily stretching you can also do tight hamstrings but with gentle stretching. Patient is monitored very closely during this procedure, if the nerve is getting stretched too far or a muscle is getting too tight and slow down and can even stop the lengthening procedure.
After Limb Lengthening - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The patient will stay in the hospital for three days.
Healing usually requires from eight to 12 weeks, at which time full activities can be resumed.
In the case of leg shortening surgery, two to three weeks of hospitalization is common. Occasionally, a cast is placed on the leg for three to four weeks.
Depending upon your doctor the follow-up visits may or may not be required.
When your new bone is fully formed you can do any activity like before but for the first few days you have to adjust with the new length of your muscles but it will too long time.
This procedure has got some serious risks such as nerve damage, muscle damage, joint contracture, dislocations and arthritis. Patient should know about this surgery from before while they are deciding about the treatment.
After spending a little time of healing you can get back to your normal routine as early as possible. If you have a lengthening rod then you will not be able to put all your weight on the leg being lengthened and you have to use crutches until the bone is almost completely healed. If you have an external fixator, the frame will support your whole body weight and after a few weeks you won’t need crutches.
During the initial days of the surgery you have to visit your doctor for every weeks and after completing your first month you need to visit your doctor for every months after surgery.
The amount of time needed for limb lengthening surgery is decided by the growth of your limbs. Irrespective of the technique, it will take around six to nine months from the time of surgery.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals