Leukemia Treatment Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Leukemia?
Leukemia is a cancer of blood-forming tissues, including bone marrow and the lymphatic system.
The cause of Leukemia is unknown. However, certain factors put people at higher risk, such as -
- Intense Radiation
- Exposure to Certain Chemicals
- Viruses like the Human T-Cell Leukemia Virus
Some Common Symptoms of Leukemia May Include the following -
- Fatigue, Tiring Easily
- Fever or Night Sweats
- Shortness of Breath
- Pale Skin
How is the Procedure Performed?
Depending on the severity, the treatment for Leukemia may include chemotherapy and blood transfusion.
It may require chemotherapy followed by radiation and a bone marrow transplant for severe cases.
Who is the Right Doctor for Leukemia Treatment?
Haematologists and Hematology Pathologists specialize in treating Leukemia.
What tests are required?
A complete Blood Count (CBC) test predicts the abnormal levels of white blood cells in the body, which may help detect Leukemia.
Some of the additional tests may include the following -
- Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Blood Cell Examination
- CT Scan
- MRI Scan
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The overall success rate is usually high and above 90%.
Leukemia can spread to other body parts, including the lungs, gastrointestinal tract, heart, and kidneys.
The Cost of Leukemia Treatment Includes:
- Preoperative Diagnostic Tests Cost (such as Blood tests, Bone marrow biopsy, Blood Cell Examination, CT scan, or MRI scan)
- Procedure Cost (Bone marrow transplant, Targeted therapy, Immunotherapy, etc.)
- Post-Operative Cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Medicine Cost
- Patient's Hospital Stay
The Overall Cost of the Procedure Also Varies Based on the Patient's Condition and Preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of Hospital and Room Opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The Severity of the Disease
Post-surgical Complications, if happens (such as Bleeding, Infection may happen)
Cost of Blood Products (if required)
An Extended Stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation During Follow-ups, in case the Patient is not a Local Resident
Cost related to Leukemia Treatment in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Leukemia Treatment||USD 27000 to USD 33000|
|Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 58500 to USD 71500|
|Bone Marrow Cancer||USD 45000 to USD 55000|
|Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 18000 to USD 22000|
|Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 58500 to USD 71500|
|Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia - ALL in Adults||USD 48600 to USD 59400|
Leukemia Treatment in Turkey
Popular Cities in Turkey for Leukemia Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Leukemia Treatment in TurkeyFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Leukemia Treatment in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
- The Hisar Hospital’s hematology department treats the patient in stages, starting with the evaluation of the symptoms followed by a proper treatment plan and imaging tests, thereafter the Inpatient Services and treatment protocol is explained to the patient.
- The Hisar Hospital’s hematology department provides services such as the management of bone marrow disorders, Lymphoma, Multiple myeloma, Acute leukemia, Chronic leukemia, Anemia, Thalassemia, Hemangioma, etc.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
- The hematology department at the medical park hospital consists of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, therapists, social workers, and administrators specializing in all aspects of stem cell transplantation.
- The department is heavily supported by specialty programs based in the Divisions of Intensive Care Unit, Pulmonary Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Renal Medicine, and other specialty services of the Medical Center.
- BMT centers are certified by Ministry of Health and EBMT for the conduct of autologous, allogeneic, matched-unrelated, and reduced intensity transplantations.
- Services to the patients at hematology centers provided by experienced physicians supported by a state of the art laboratory, and equipment and hardware that comply with international standards.
American Hospital, Istanbul
- The American hospital hematology department comprises well-experienced doctors who efficiently manage the patient genetic profiling both abroad and domestically.
- Services offered by them include Acute lymphoblastic leukemia, Acute myeloid leukemia, Amyloidosis, Anemia, Aplastic anemia, Autoimmune hemolytic anemias, Autoimmune thrombopenia, Benign hematological conditions, Bleeding disorders, C1-esterase deficiency, White blood cell diseases, Chronic lymphocytic leukemia, chronic myeloid leukemia, chronic myelomonocytic leukemia, Cryoglobulinemia, Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, Large granular lymphocyte diseases, Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Macroglobulinemia.
Doctors for Leukemia Treatment in Turkey
HematologistSenior Consultant, 35 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Serdar Bedi Omay is a Hematologist with more than 35+ years of experience in the field.
- He is a member of the Turkish Hematology Association, Japanese Hematology Association, Turkish Blood Banks & Transfusion Association, Japanese Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Association, Hematology Specialist Association, and Ankara Science High School Association.
- He completed his medical education at Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in 1985 and did his specialization in Ege University Faculty of Medicine and became a specialist in Internal Medicine in 1990.
- In 1995, he received his hematology sub-specialty from Ph.D. - Japan Mie School of Medicine.
- Completing his military service at Gühane Military Medical Academy in 1996, he was appointed as Associate Professor in the Department of Hematology in Ege University Faculty of Medicine in 1997.
- He has special interest in areas such as Acute Leukemia Diagnosis and Treatment, Lymphoma Treatments, Bleeding Disorders, and other related Hematological Disease Treatments.
- He has written 41 articles and case reports published in journals scanned by SCI, 7 articles and case reports published in peer-reviewed and periodical journals, and 112 papers presented at national and international meetings.
HematologistHead of Department, 40 years of experience
- Dr. Burhan Ferhanoğlu is a hematologist with 40+ years of experience.
- He is a member of the Turkish Society of Hematology, International Society of Hematology, European Hematology Association, American Society of Hematology and European Bone Marrow Transplantation Society.
- He graduated from Istanbul University, Istanbul in 1978, completed his residency in internal medicine from Istanbul University, Istanbul in 1982 and fellowship in hematology from Istanbul University, Istanbul in 1988.
- Dr. Burhan has conducted studies at the department of hematology and oncology at the University of Texas in 1990 and 1991.
- He made investigations at the Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle in 1992.
- He has bagged many awards due to his contribution in the medical field.
HematologistSenior Consultant, 32 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Gulsan Sucak is a Hematologist with more than 32 years of experience in the field.
- She is a reputed member of various organizations such as the Turkish Hematology Association, Hematology Specialist Association, Turkish Blood Banks & Transfusion Association, etc.
- She completed her graduation from Ankara University Faculty of Medicine in 1981, and specialization from Gazi University Faculty of Medicine Department of Internal Diseases - Internal Diseases and minor specialization from Gazi University Faculty of Medicine Hematology Department - Hematology.
- She has won many awards for her research work and dedication in the field of Hematology.
- Dr. Sucak is well-versed with Acute Leukemia Diagnosis and Treatment, Lymphoma Treatments, Bleeding Disorders, and other related Hematological Disease Treatments, etc.
- She has published several papers in National and International Journals.
Leukemia Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Leukemia
FAQ videos related to Leukemia
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Leukemia in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Leukemia in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- India, USD 14400 to USD 21600, approximately 40% lower than Turkey
- Thailand, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 60% lower than Turkey
- Israel, USD 60000 to USD 90000, approximately 150% higher than Turkey
- Singapore, USD 56000 to USD 84000, approximately 133% higher than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 28800 to USD 43200, approximately 20% higher than Turkey