Leukemia Treatment Cost In GermanyChat
What is Leukemia?
Leukemia is a cancer of blood-forming tissues, including bone marrow and the lymphatic system.
The cause of Leukemia is unknown. However, certain factors put people at higher risk, such as -
- Intense Radiation
- Exposure to Certain Chemicals
- Viruses like the Human T-Cell Leukemia Virus
Some Common Symptoms of Leukemia May Include the following -
- Fatigue, Tiring Easily
- Fever or Night Sweats
- Shortness of Breath
- Pale Skin
How is the Procedure Performed?
Depending on the severity, the treatment for Leukemia may include chemotherapy and blood transfusion.
It may require chemotherapy followed by radiation and a bone marrow transplant for severe cases.
Who is the Right Doctor for Leukemia Treatment?
Haematologists and Hematology Pathologists specialize in treating Leukemia.
What tests are required?
A complete Blood Count (CBC) test predicts the abnormal levels of white blood cells in the body, which may help detect Leukemia.
Some of the additional tests may include the following -
- Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Blood Cell Examination
- CT Scan
- MRI Scan
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The overall success rate is usually high and above 90%.
Leukemia can spread to other body parts, including the lungs, gastrointestinal tract, heart, and kidneys.
The Cost of Leukemia Treatment Includes:
- Preoperative Diagnostic Tests Cost (such as Blood tests, Bone marrow biopsy, Blood Cell Examination, CT scan, or MRI scan)
- Procedure Cost (Bone marrow transplant, Targeted therapy, Immunotherapy, etc.)
- Post-Operative Cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Medicine Cost
- Patient's Hospital Stay
The Overall Cost of the Procedure Also Varies Based on the Patient's Condition and Preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of Hospital and Room Opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The Severity of the Disease
Post-surgical Complications, if happens (such as Bleeding, Infection may happen)
Cost of Blood Products (if required)
An Extended Stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation During Follow-ups, in case the Patient is not a Local Resident
Cost related to Leukemia Treatment in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 162000 to USD 198000|
|Bone Marrow Cancer||USD 193950 to USD 237050|
|Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 270000 to USD 330000|
Leukemia Treatment in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Leukemia Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Leukemia Treatment in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Leukemia Treatment in Germany
University Hospital Heidelberg
- The University Hospital Heidelberg is one of the biggest medical centers in the Federal Republic of Germany. It is a part of Heidelberg University Medical School, which was founded in 1388, making it the oldest in Germany.
- The hospital operates nearly 1 million outpatients and 65,000 inpatients every year and is well-renowned for treating cancer.
- The Hospital works in partnership with various research institutes one of them being the German Cancer Research Center at the National Center for Tumor Diseases, registered on the American Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- The hospital specializes in diagnosing complex medical conditions and diseases and treating them using innovative technology to ensure optimal treatment with interdisciplinary cooperation.
- There are about 10,000 employees, including 1,600 professors and doctors working at the hospital, and the Chief Doctor of the hospital is the renowned Professor Guido Adler.
- The Heidelberg Curriculum Medicinale (HeiCuMed) is one of the leading medical training institutions in Germany, which at present teaches nearly 3700 physicians.
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Doctors for Leukemia Treatment in Germany
Prof. Dr. Ernst Spath-Schwalbe
HematologistDirector, 35 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Ernst Spath-Schwalbe is a Hematologist-Oncologist with 35+ years in the field.
- He is a member of the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO), German Society of Haematology and Oncology/Palliative Care Working Group (DGHO), American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), and American Society of Hematology (ASH).
- He received his medical education at the University of Ulm, Germany in 1980, and was granted an academic title (MD) in 1987.
- He also has trained in internal medicine, medical oncology, and hematology at the University Hospital of Ulm, University Hospital of Lübeck, Germany from 1986 to 1996.
- He has a keen interest in all forms of chemotherapy, adjuvant, remission-inducing, and palliative, Radio-/chemotherapy, Antibody therapy & other new specific therapy forms, Cytokine therapy, etc.
- Prof. Ernst has taught at many reputed academic institutions to aspiring undergraduate students.
HematologistDirector, 42 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Antonio Pezzutto is a Hematologist in Berlin, Germany with a thriving experience of over 42+ years.
- He completed his graduation from the University of Padova Medical School, Padova, Italy in 1972 and laster did his specialty training from the University of Heidelberg in 1983.
- His areas of interest are management of leukemias and lymphoma, evaluation and management of bleeding disorders, blood clots, stem cell transplant (autologous, allogenic & umbilical cord blood transplant), etc.
- Being a keen academician, he has worked as a resident in prestigious institutions such as the University of Padova Medical School and the University of Heidelberg.
- He has won several national and international awards along with speaking at many conferences and gatherings about hematological disorders and cancer.
HematologistDirector, 29 years of experience
- Dr. Christian Scholz is a Hematologist-Oncologist with experience of over 29+ years in the field.
- He is a member of the American Society of Hematology (ASH), the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), and the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- He received his medical education at the Technical University Munich, Germany in 1992, and a Postdoctoral Fellowship at Harvard Medical School, Boston, the USA in 1993.
- His areas of interest are the treatment of leukemia and lymphoma, Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), Lung cancer, Metastatic breast cancer, Gastrointestinal cancer (e.g. colorectal cancer), Germ cell tumor, etc.
- Dr. Scholz has written many research papers for national and international journals.
Leukemia Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals