Knee Arthroscopy Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Knee Arthroscopy?
Knee arthroscopy is a surgical technique that deals with the diagnoses and treatment plan for the pain in the knee joint area.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The procedure involves the insertion of a small camera, called an arthroscope, into the knee joint, which displays pictures on a video monitor. As the arthroscope and surgical instruments are thin, the surgeon can use very small incisions, rather than the larger incision needed for open surgery.
Who is the Right Doctor for Knee Arthroscopy?
The right doctor to consult for Knee Arthroscopy is an Orthopaedic Surgeon along with a Physiotherapist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate is high and varies between 85-90%.
Possible risks of Knee Arthroscopy, may include Infection, Blood clots, Knee stiffness, Accumulation of blood in the knee, etc.
The cost of Knee Arthroscopy includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [CBC blood tests, EKG, Urinalysis, etc.]
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complications if happens (such as Infection, Thrombophlebitis (clots in a vein), Artery damage, Excessive bleeding, etc., may happen)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Knee Arthroscopy in United Arab Emirates
Popular Cities in United-arab-emirates for Knee Arthroscopy are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Knee Arthroscopy in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Knee Arthroscopy in United Arab Emirates
Medeor 24x7 Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- Medeor 24x7 Hospital in Abu Dhabi is a multi-speciality family hospital that aims to provide healthcare service with hospitality at its core with personalised attention at key points.
- It has 25 Specialities with 8 Centres of Excellence including Maternal Education Classes, Nutrition for a healthy pregnancy, Exercise during pregnancy, Birth planning, Postnatal support, Lactation support, Mental Health Support, and Birth Companion Services - Doula.
- It has an International Patient Centre that is equipped to serve foreign patients in assisting them before, during, and after the patient's visit.
- It furnished with ultra-modern facilities like fully equipped OT, Neonatal ICU, Radiology Services, MRI, Dental Services, Ambulance, Day Care Ward, and VIP and VVIP Rooms.
- With its avant-garde medical equipment, patient-friendly interiors, and hand-picked personnel, it envisions a pro-active partnership between a healthcare professional and patient, with the emphasis on taking a holistic and long term view on the patient's health.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited.
- It accepts insurances like MetLife, Whealth International, NAS, MSH International, Daman, Aafiya etc.
NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Nadah
- NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Nadah is part of NMC Healthcare which is the largest private healthcare company in the UAE and is one of the leading fertility service providers in the world.
- Being a multi-speciality hospital it aims to provide the best healthcare facility and services to the people of Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
- It has 52 specialities including Orthopaedic, Spine and Joint Surgery, Advance & Minimally Invasive Surgery, Ayurveda, Podiatry, Lactation Services, Speech Therapy etc.
- The Hospital has a well-equipped laboratory and state of the art equipment.
- The hospital serves as the referral centre of choice for smaller medical centres and clinics in Dubai and surrounding areas.
- The in-house pharmacy is open 24 hours every day of the week and Specialist doctors are available for consultation and treatment round-the-clock.
- NMC Healthcare has won several awards and recognitions such as Gold Stevie Award 2016, Superbrands 2016-2017, Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award 2016-2017 to name a few.
- It has an International patients Centre that is a dedicated team of internationally trained and certified medical experts, assisted by trained nurses and paramedics who are known for their high-standard and quality care.
- It has tie-ups with international health insurances such as Allianz, Henner, Inter mutuelles Assistance, Deutsche Assistance etc.
- It is a member of Dubai Health Experience.
- It is accredited by JCI and the Asian Society of Hernia Surgery.
Doctors for Knee Arthroscopy in United Arab Emirates
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonSenior Consultant, 40 years of experience
- With 40+ years of experience, Dr. Abraham Paul is the most proficient Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon in UAE.
- He specializes in Arthritis and Trauma of Extremities.
- Dr. Abraham Paul has several international publications, essays, and presentations to his name.
- He has completed MBBS (1977) and MS (1981) from Christian medical college, Ludhiana, India.
- Dr. Abraham Paul is well-versed in Hindi, Urdu, Arabic, Punjabi, Tamil, Malayalam and English.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonSenior Consultant, 16 years of experience
- Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon Dr Mohamed Abou Koutah has more than 16 years of expertise.
- He specializes in the field of Trauma surgery, ACL reconstruction, Degenerative spine disorders, Sport Medicine, Arthroscopy and complex Joint Reconstruction surgeries.
- He is a member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America, the Association of Arthroscopy & Joint Surgery and Association of Foot & Ankle Surgery, the Medical Association of Dusseldorf, Germany, the German Board in Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, the Emirates Orthopaedic Society and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr Mohamed Abou Koutah graduated from University of Cologne, Germany with an MBBS (2005).
- He has a Fellowship (2015) in Orthopaedic surgery from the University Hospital of Bochum, Germany.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonSenior Consultant, 20 years of experience
- With +20 years of clinical experience, Dr. Ahmed Salah Radwan is an expert Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon in the UAE.
- He specializes in Sport medicine, Knee surgeries, Foot and Ankle Surgeries and Fracture management.
- Dr. Ahmed Salah Radwan is a member of the Egyptian Orthopaedic Association, the Société Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopédique et de Traumatologie and the Emirates Medical Association.
- He obtained an M.Sc (2003) from Cairo University, Egypt.
- Dr. Ahmed Salah Radwa acquired his MD (2013) from Benha University, Egypt.
Knee Arthroscopy Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Knee Arthroscopy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Arthroscopic knee surgery may be a treatment option for certain types of knee pain. Arthroscopic surgery is a procedure that involves inserting a small camera inside the joint.
Diabetes doesn't seem to raise risks after this surgery. If you have high blood pressure and if it is under control, there is no reason to worry about not having a safe and successful surgery
Even if your blood pressure becomes elevated during surgery you will be given intravenous medication to reduce it.
Consult your cardiologist if you are planning to undergo the surgery because some medicine doses are modified accordingly.
Excessive pain in the knee following arthroscopic surgery is usually due to overactivity or spending too much time on your feet before the thigh muscles have been adequately strengthened. Excessive swelling can also cause pain in the knee. It is normal for the knee to be sore and swollen following arthroscopy.
Knee arthroscopy is the surgery is being used for treating and diagnosing the problems in the knee joint, during the surgery a very small incision is being made and a tiny camera is being inserted in your knees to for visualizing the inner side of the screen.
Yes, it is definitely worth getting a knee arthroscopy surgery, this surgery is being recommended to all people who have some degenerative knee disease.
Patients who are having knee pain or limited knee function are the candidate for arthroscopic knee surgery, most of the patient who are having knee injury or degeneration they can get relief through the non-operative treatment.
During the Knee Arthroscopy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It usually lasts for about less than an hour.
Your surgeon will tell you all the instructions which you have to follow before surgery and which includes fasting for six hours before the surgery. If you are taking any medications you should inform the doctor about it.
Knee arthroscopic surgery will take around one hour to complete.
Usually spinal anesthesia is given, a painkiller medicine is being injected into the space in your spine, you will be awake during the procedure but you will not be able to feel anything below your waist region. In some case general anaesthesia is also given which will make you asleep and pain free during the procedure.
During the knee arthroscopy procedure surgeon will make few small incision or cut in your knees. Sterile water or salt is being pumped up for expanding your knees which makes easier to visualize the inner side of the joint. Through one end arthroscope is being entered and the surgeon will look around in your joint and in the operating room surgeon can see the images which is produced by the camera on the computer. When the defect is seen then the surgeon insert a small tool in the incision to correct it and after surgery the surgeon drains saline from the joint and then closes the cut.
After Knee Arthroscopy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The patient is advised to resume contact sport NOT before 6 months of the surgery.
A person can start community walking within 2 weeks and can climb the stairs after 4-5 days and driving after 4-6 weeks.
It is not mandatory but if the patient is willing for physiotherapy He/She can take it for 2-3 weeks post-surgery.
The recovery period after knee arthroscopy surgery depends on the patient and his or her condition. In most cases, patients can return to office work within a week and much return to a more active and normal lifestyle within one to two months.
Immediately after surgery, if your pain is minimal when walking then the use of crutches or a walker is not required.
Once more comfortable, most people are able to walk with a minimal limp within one or two weeks after surgery. Most patients realize a benefit from arthroscopic knee surgery within 4 to 6 weeks.
You are encouraged to bend and straighten your knee as much as pain allows immediately after standard knee arthroscopy.
Remember, however, that your knee may be swollen and full-motion may be difficult for the first few days.
Some of the risks of the procedure includes bleeding inside the knee joint, formation of blood clot n leg, infection inside the joint, stiffness in knee and injury or damage to the cartilage, ligaments, blood vessels and nerve
For the first seven days after the procedure you have to keep your legs elevated and you have to apply ice on it to reduce pain and swelling. Your doctor will prescribe you the exercise regimen which you have to follow for recovering, the exercise are necessary for strengthening the muscles.
It will take around six weeks to recover completely from surgery, if the damaged tissue is being repaired then the recovery will take longer time. You have to also limit your activity till your knee is strengthened and becomes back to normal.
Yes, you can walk after 4 to 6 weeks after knee arthroscopy surgery, when you are comfortable you can walk with minimum lump within one to two weeks after surgery.
Within three to five days after surgery you can go back to work it will take around two weeks till the knees have healed completely. For some heavy work it will take around four to six weeks to recover.
For the first 3 days, keep the dressings clean and dry. After that you can take bath but don’t soak the incision in water keep it dry.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals