Knee Arthroscopy Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Knee Arthroscopy?
Knee arthroscopy is a surgical technique that deals with the diagnoses and treatment plan for the pain in the knee joint area.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The procedure involves the insertion of a small camera, called an arthroscope, into the knee joint, which displays pictures on a video monitor. As the arthroscope and surgical instruments are thin, the surgeon can use very small incisions, rather than the larger incision needed for open surgery.
Who is the Right Doctor for Knee Arthroscopy?
The right doctor to consult for Knee Arthroscopy is an Orthopaedic Surgeon along with a Physiotherapist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate is high and varies between 85-90%.
Possible risks of Knee Arthroscopy, may include Infection, Blood clots, Knee stiffness, Accumulation of blood in the knee, etc.
The cost of Knee Arthroscopy includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [CBC blood tests, EKG, Urinalysis, etc.]
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complications if happens (such as Infection, Thrombophlebitis (clots in a vein), Artery damage, Excessive bleeding, etc., may happen)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Knee Arthroscopy in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Knee Arthroscopy||USD 1800 to USD 2200|
|Knee Replacement Surgery||USD 4500 to USD 5500|
|ACL Reconstruction||USD 3330 to USD 4070|
|Knock knee surgery||USD 5400 to USD 6600|
|Arthroscopic surgery||USD 2250 to USD 2750|
|Knee replacement - Bilateral||USD 7200 to USD 8800|
|Revision ACL Reconstruction Surgery||USD 3150 to USD 3850|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Knee Arthroscopy in TurkeyFilter
Showing 20 Hospitals and doctors for Knee Arthroscopy in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
- The Hisar Hospital’s Orthopedic department manages the diagnosis and treatment of all diseases as well as the injuries of the musculoskeletal system, traumatic, congenital, or acquired bones, joints, or soft tissue disorders.
- The Orthopedic department comprises of a team of qualified orthopedic surgeons, Joint & replacement surgeons, Orthopedicians with accomplished personnel.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
- Medical Park is one of the top research and treatment centers in the field of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Surgeons of the orthopedic department are fully competent about giving expertise nationally and internationally.
- Orthopedic department offer services such as Bone and Joint Surgery, Arthroplasty (Hip Replacement), Arthroplasty (Knee Prosthesis), Concussion, Foot and Ankle, General Orthopaedics and Fracture Care, Hand and Upper Extremity, Joint Replacement, Orthopedic Trauma, Pediatric Orthopedics, Rehabilitation, and Physical Therapy, Sarcoma Care, Shoulder Care, Spine Center, and Sports Medicine.
- At a medical park hospital, patients get well-coordinated healthcare services ran by internationally- recognized surgeons.
- Medical Park Orthopedics and Traumatology Center possess a highly skilled team that is entirely trained to heal complex wounds all over the body.
- Many surgical procedures are there for hip arthroplasty which includes the use of different metallic, ceramic or polyethylene materials to enhance the comfort of the patient.
American Hospital, Istanbul
The Americal hospital, Turkey was founded in 1920 by a US Navy Admiral L. Bristol. The hospital was started as a non-profitable institution. Nearly 120,000 patients are treated every year in addition to 20,000 inpatients. More than 10,000 surgeries are conducted every year. The hospital specifically keeps in consideration the laws, regulations, and principles of professional ethics. It also gives prime importance to the patient’s privacy. All the medical and administrative systems are constantly examined to look for the scope of improvement and provide patient satisfaction. The hospital is accredited by:
- Joint Commission International 2002, 2005, 2009, 2012, 2015, July 2018
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System April 2018
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System May 2018 (American Hospital is the “first” organization to receive the certificate among all public and private hospitals in Turkey.)
- ISO 27001 Information Security Management System May 2018
- Echocardiography Laboratory Accreditation by the European Association of Echocardiography (EAE) 2015
- Global Mobility Certificate by United Healthcare Global 2018
Doctors for Knee Arthroscopy in Turkey
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonConsultant, 22 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Mehmet Erdil is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon with over 22 years of experience.
- He completed his Faculty of Medicine education in 2001 and his Faculty of Medicine Orthopedics and Traumatology education in 2007, both from Istanbul University.
- He is an esteemed member of the Turkish Limb Extension and Reconstruction Association, the Turkish Foot Ankle Surgery Association, the Turkish Spine Association, TUSYAD (Turkish Sports Injuries, Arthroscopy, and Knee Association) / Board of Directors, TOTBID / Sports Traumatology Branch, TOTDER (Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Association), TOTEK (Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Education Council), Hip Joint Conservative Surgery Association / Board of Directors and TOTBID (Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Association).
- He has authored various papers in national and international journals.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonSenior Consultant, 15 years of experience
- Assoc. Dr. Sami Sökücü is a leading Orthopedic Surgeon with 15+ years of experience.
- Dr. Sami Sökücü is well-known for knee replacement surgery, hip replacement surgery, and trauma surgery.
- He completed his medical degree from Karadeniz Technical University of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey, in 2001.
- He is an esteemed member of the European Board of Orthopedics and Traumatology (EBOT), Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Association, Orthopedic Trauma Branch, Turkish Orthopedic and Traumatology Education Council (TOTEK), Association of Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology (TOTBİD), Association of Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology (TOTDER) and Istanbul Medical Association.
- He won the award of appreciation from the Provincial Health Directorate in 2011.
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Op. Dr. Mehmet Aydogan is a well-known Orthopaedist, Traumatologist & Advanced Spine Surgeon with experience of 20+ years.
- He has Memberships of Scientific Organizations such as the Turkish Medical Association (TTB), Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Association (TOTBID), Turkish Spine Association (TOD), Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery Association (MINOD), North America Spine Society (NASS), Scoliosis Research Society (SRS), and European Spine Society (ESS).
- He graduated from Ege University Faculty of Medicine (1990 - 1996) and gained a Fellowship in 2009 from Comprehensive Spine Center University of California Los Angeles, USA,
- He also has an International Spine Fellow from the Comprehensive Spine Center University of California Los Angeles, USA (2009 - 2010).
- Dr. Aydogan has a keen interest in areas such as Rope Scoliosis Surgery (Non-Fusion Scoliosis Surgery), Spinal Canal Stenosis, Waist Shift, Cervical Disc Prosthesis, Spinal Fractures, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Laser - Endoscopic Discectomy, Pediatric - Adult Spine Deformities, etc.
Knee Arthroscopy Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Knee Arthroscopy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Arthroscopic knee surgery may be a treatment option for certain types of knee pain. Arthroscopic surgery is a procedure that involves inserting a small camera inside the joint.
Diabetes doesn't seem to raise risks after this surgery. If you have high blood pressure and if it is under control, there is no reason to worry about not having a safe and successful surgery
Even if your blood pressure becomes elevated during surgery you will be given intravenous medication to reduce it.
Consult your cardiologist if you are planning to undergo the surgery because some medicine doses are modified accordingly.
Excessive pain in the knee following arthroscopic surgery is usually due to overactivity or spending too much time on your feet before the thigh muscles have been adequately strengthened. Excessive swelling can also cause pain in the knee. It is normal for the knee to be sore and swollen following arthroscopy.
Knee arthroscopy is the surgery is being used for treating and diagnosing the problems in the knee joint, during the surgery a very small incision is being made and a tiny camera is being inserted in your knees to for visualizing the inner side of the screen.
Yes, it is definitely worth getting a knee arthroscopy surgery, this surgery is being recommended to all people who have some degenerative knee disease.
Patients who are having knee pain or limited knee function are the candidate for arthroscopic knee surgery, most of the patient who are having knee injury or degeneration they can get relief through the non-operative treatment.
During the Knee Arthroscopy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It usually lasts for about less than an hour.
Your surgeon will tell you all the instructions which you have to follow before surgery and which includes fasting for six hours before the surgery. If you are taking any medications you should inform the doctor about it.
Knee arthroscopic surgery will take around one hour to complete.
Usually spinal anesthesia is given, a painkiller medicine is being injected into the space in your spine, you will be awake during the procedure but you will not be able to feel anything below your waist region. In some case general anaesthesia is also given which will make you asleep and pain free during the procedure.
During the knee arthroscopy procedure surgeon will make few small incision or cut in your knees. Sterile water or salt is being pumped up for expanding your knees which makes easier to visualize the inner side of the joint. Through one end arthroscope is being entered and the surgeon will look around in your joint and in the operating room surgeon can see the images which is produced by the camera on the computer. When the defect is seen then the surgeon insert a small tool in the incision to correct it and after surgery the surgeon drains saline from the joint and then closes the cut.
After Knee Arthroscopy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The patient is advised to resume contact sport NOT before 6 months of the surgery.
A person can start community walking within 2 weeks and can climb the stairs after 4-5 days and driving after 4-6 weeks.
It is not mandatory but if the patient is willing for physiotherapy He/She can take it for 2-3 weeks post-surgery.
The recovery period after knee arthroscopy surgery depends on the patient and his or her condition. In most cases, patients can return to office work within a week and much return to a more active and normal lifestyle within one to two months.
Immediately after surgery, if your pain is minimal when walking then the use of crutches or a walker is not required.
Once more comfortable, most people are able to walk with a minimal limp within one or two weeks after surgery. Most patients realize a benefit from arthroscopic knee surgery within 4 to 6 weeks.
You are encouraged to bend and straighten your knee as much as pain allows immediately after standard knee arthroscopy.
Remember, however, that your knee may be swollen and full-motion may be difficult for the first few days.
Some of the risks of the procedure includes bleeding inside the knee joint, formation of blood clot n leg, infection inside the joint, stiffness in knee and injury or damage to the cartilage, ligaments, blood vessels and nerve
For the first seven days after the procedure you have to keep your legs elevated and you have to apply ice on it to reduce pain and swelling. Your doctor will prescribe you the exercise regimen which you have to follow for recovering, the exercise are necessary for strengthening the muscles.
It will take around six weeks to recover completely from surgery, if the damaged tissue is being repaired then the recovery will take longer time. You have to also limit your activity till your knee is strengthened and becomes back to normal.
Yes, you can walk after 4 to 6 weeks after knee arthroscopy surgery, when you are comfortable you can walk with minimum lump within one to two weeks after surgery.
Within three to five days after surgery you can go back to work it will take around two weeks till the knees have healed completely. For some heavy work it will take around four to six weeks to recover.
For the first 3 days, keep the dressings clean and dry. After that you can take bath but don’t soak the incision in water keep it dry.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Knee Arthroscopy
Our patient's testimonials related to Spine Surgeon
FAQ videos related to Spine Surgeon
More searches related to Knee Arthroscopy
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Knee Arthroscopy in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Knee Arthroscopy in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- India, USD 800 to USD 1200, approximately 50% lower than Turkey
- Thailand, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 150% higher than Turkey
- Germany, USD 3760 to USD 5640, approximately 135% higher than Turkey
- Israel, USD 4400 to USD 6600, approximately 175% higher than Turkey
- Singapore, USD 7200 to USD 10800, approximately 350% higher than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 1600 to USD 2400, approximately 0% higher than Turkey