Kidney Cancer Treatment Cost In GermanyChat
What is Kidney Cancer?
Kidney cancer is cancer that begins in the kidneys. The kidneys are two bean-shaped organs, each about the size of a fist. They're located behind the abdominal organs, with one kidney on each side of the spine.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Kidney Cancer treatment usually begins with surgery to remove cancer. For cancers confined to the kidney, this may be the only treatment needed. If cancer has spread beyond the kidney, additional treatments may be recommended.
Who is the Right Doctor for Kidney Cancer Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for kidney cancer is a Nephrologist along with an Oncologist.
To detect Kidney Cancer tests such as Blood tests, Urine tests, Imaging tests like ultrasound, X-ray, CT, MRI, etc, or sometimes a biopsy is required.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The 5-year survival rate for people with kidney cancer is between 70-75%.
The cost of Kidney Cancer includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost, which may include [urine analysis, CBC, kidney function tests, liver function tests, serum calcium assessment, or blood tests]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
Note - The patient will be required to visit the surgeon a week after the surgery to assess and remove any staples or stitches.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Cost related to Kidney Cancer Treatment in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Kidney Cancer Treatment||USD 9000 to USD 11000|
|Wilms Tumor (Nephroblastoma)||USD 18000 to USD 22000|
Kidney Cancer Treatment in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Kidney Cancer Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Kidney Cancer Treatment in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Kidney Cancer Treatment in Germany
Charite University Hospital
- The Charité University Hospital located in Berlin is one of Europe's most reputed and largest university hospitals affiliated with Humboldt University and Free University Berlin.
- Established in 1710, it is one of Germany's most research-intensive medical institutions, which was ranked by Focus as the best of over 1000 hospitals in Germany.
- In 2010, the clinic celebrated its 300th anniversary, and in 2019 and 2020, Newsweek ranked the Charité as the fifth-best hospital in the world and best in Europe.
- The hospitals has numerous Collaborative Research Centres (CRC) of the Deutsche Forschungsgmeinschaft.
- Charité treats more patients than any other university hospital in Germany with 692,920 outpatient cases and 152,693 inpatient cases in a year.
- From 2012 to 2020, more than half of all German Nobel Prize winners in Physiology or Medicine, including Emil von Behring, Robert Koch, and Paul Ehrlich have worked at the Charité.
- Several congressmen and diplomats have been treated at the Charité, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Yulia Tymoshenko from Ukraine, and, more recently, Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny was treated here in August 2020.
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Doctors for Kidney Cancer Treatment in Germany
Medical OncologistDirector, 30 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Marion Kiechle is an Internationally renowned Medical Oncologist with +30 years of practice.
- Her area of expertise is Breast cancer, Gynecological cancer and the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of Tumor disease in women.
- She is a member of the German Medical Association, the German Society of Gerontology and Geriatrics and the German Cancer Society.
- Prof. Dr. Marion Kiechle gained her MBBS (1986) from the University of Freiburg.
- She did her specialization in Oncology (1987) at the University of Freiburg.
- She has a PhD (1995) from the University Hospital Freiburg.
- Prof. Dr. Marion Kiechle is the author of several publications and articles.
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianChief, 38 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Michael Untch is a gyne-oncologist with 38+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include preoperative systemic therapy for breast cancer, cancer surgery, sentinel lymph node operations, chemotherapy, uterus conserving surgery for fibroma, urinary incontinence and treatment for uterine dysplasia.
- He graduated from Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich.
- He also completed his postdoctoral research at the department of gynecologic oncology at the University of Miami.
- Dr. Untch did optional studies of internal medicine and surgery in University Hospital, Augsburg and second optional studies of obstetrics and gynecology in University Clinic Munich-Grosshadern.
- He has penned several publications that are published in national and international journals.
Prof. Dr. med. Martin K. Kuhlmann
NephrologistDirector, 31 years of experience
- With 31+ years of experience, Prof. Dr. med. Martin K. Kuhlmann is a world-renowned nephrologist.
- His major expertise lies in treating acute renal failure, renal replacement, haemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, treatment of secondary arterial hypertension and treatment of chronic kidney disease (CKD).
- He did a fellowship in nephrology from the University of California, USA.
- Dr. Kuhlmann is a member of the German Society of Nephrology and the Joint Society of Nephrology in Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
- He is board-certified in internal medicine, nephrology and diabetology.
- He has many publications under his name in the Journal of Clinical Nephrology.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Nephrologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals