Ivf Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Ivf?
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is the most effective form of assisted reproductive technology, where mature eggs are collected (retrieved) from ovaries and fertilized by sperm in a lab. The fertilized egg (embryo) or eggs (embryos) are transferred to the uterus.
One complete cycle of IVF takes about three weeks. The procedure can be done using your eggs and your partner's sperm.
Another way is using eggs, sperm, or embryos from a known or anonymous donor.
How is the Procedure Performed?
IVF involves several steps -
ovarian stimulation, you might receive an injectable medication containing a follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), a luteinizing hormone (LH), or a combination of both for stimulating the ovary to produce multiple eggs.
Egg retrieval, Transvaginal ultrasound aspiration is the usual retrieval method to collect eggs.
For sperm retrieval (the partner will provide the sample), fertilization is done; after that, healthy sperm and mature eggs are mixed and incubated overnight, and the embryo is transferred into the vagina.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The chances of having a healthy baby using IVF depend on many factors, such as your age, ovarian reserve, and sperm count.
The average success rate is 60-70 percent.
The cost of IVF includes:
Cost for Diagnostic tests, some of which may include hormone-specific tests (FSH, AMH, and Estradiol) tubal patency tests, prolactin tests, and semen evaluation
Procedure cost (depends on the type of procedure)
Types of procedures - fresh, frozen, cleavage (day 3), blastocyst (day 5), single, and multiple embryo transfers
Post-Operative cost (The IVF cycle takes around four weeks and there are 3-6 visits between the start of stimulation and egg retrieval.)
Patient's hospital stay (IVF is an outpatient procedure, however in some cases, the patient needs to be admitted to the hospital before the process)
Note: It is advised to do a blood pregnancy test after 12-14 days of IVF and to avoid a home pregnancy test as may wrongly give a false positive if tested before 7 days due to residual HCG after the shot given for egg maturation.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
Age of the patient
Post-IVF patients may feel some side effects (nausea or vomiting, shortness of breath, decreased frequency of urination, feeling of faintness, weight gain, stomach pain and bloating, breast tenderness, constipation, cramping)
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
If any extra investigations are required
Cost related to Ivf in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|IVF||USD 4500 to USD 5500|
|IVF with Donor Eggs||USD 5400 to USD 6600|
|Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)||USD 720 to USD 880|
|Blastocyst Culture and Transfer||USD 504 to USD 616|
Ivf in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Ivf are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Ivf
Types of Fertilization.
Steps in IVF procedure.
Types of IVF treatment.
Benefits of IVF.
Perspective patients of IVF.
Top hospitals and doctors for Ivf in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 6 Hospitals and doctors for Ivf in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading hospitals in Malaysia accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the highest international quality accreditation in terms of patient safety and health care services.
- Established in 1996, the hospital is delivering healthcare and excellence for over 25 years.
- The Hospital is particularly known for its Cardiology, Oncology, and Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery.
- It provides comprehensive medical and surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, ENT, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Surgery to mention a few.
- Gleneagles Hospital has one of the most advanced technologies like Gamma Knife and Da Vinci Si Surgery System.
- A well-equipped Imaging Department like Ultrasound Examination, Computed Tomography Scan (C.T. Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Non-vascular Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and General Radiography.
- The Hospital also received several awards namely, the 'International Hospital of the Year,' and 'Highly Commended for Excellence in Customer Service' award from the prestigious International Medical Travel Journal in 2018. It also received the 'Best Health Screening Provider in Asia Pacific' by the Global Health and Travel Awards 2019.
- Several services are provided for international patients such as Visa, flight booking, airport transfer, accommodation, air evacuation & repatriation, doctor referral and appointment, cost estimation, emergency care, and sightseeing.
Gleneagles Hospital Kota Kinabalu
- Gleneagles Hospital Kota Kinabalu is the first international tertiary care hospital in the city of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah and is one of the five Gleneagles Hospitals in Malaysia.
- It offers world-class healthcare and has the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) accreditation.
- It has comprehensive medical and surgical procedures like Bariatric Surgery, ENT, Gastroenterology, Hand & Micro Surgery, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, Neonatology, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Paediatric Cardiology, Paediatric Neurology, Oncology, Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Their Cardiovascular and Lung Centre and Brain and Nerve Centre are known for their advanced medical technologies and procedures being equipped with specialised services and integrated in-house team.
- Besides the aforementioned Centres, it also has an Orthopaedic & Spine Centre and Women & Children Care Centre which are all part of the "Centre of Excellence".
- The Hospital also has Clinical and Diagnostic Sevices such as Health Screening Service, LASIK Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, and Radiology & Imaging Services.
- It has an international patient team that assist in doctor's appointment, emergency and non-emergency services, air evacuation and repatriation (worldwide), flight arrangements, visa, accommodations, airport transfer with ambulance/limousine, cost estimation, language interpretation, special diets, and local sightseeing.
Gleneagles Hospital Medini Johor
- Gleneagles Hospital Medini Johor is a premier tertiary hospital located in the south of Malaysia.
- Being a multispecialty hospital, it offers various medical and surgical procedures such as Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT, Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Paediatric Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Joint Replacement & Sports Reconstructive Surgery, Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, General Surgery, and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
- It equipped with cutting edge medical technologies and procedures like Linear Accelerator Elekta Synergy equipped with Catalyst HD, 640-slice CT scan, CT Coronary Calcium Scoring, and Cardiac MRI.
- It is a Medisave-accredited hospital, approved by the Ministry of Health, Singapore.
- It also has an international patient care team that assist in appointment & discharge, visa, flights, airport transfers, emergency, accommodations, language interpretation, and sightseeing.
Doctors for Ivf in Malaysia
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianHOD, 38 years of experience
- Dr. Andy Low Kok Kwan is a leading and talented Obstetrician and Gynaecologist having more than 38 years of experience.
- He did his MBBS from the University of Glasgow, Scotland, the United Kingdom, in 1983.
- He became a Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists of the United Kingdom in 2002.
- His areas of specialization are infertility treatment, problems of recurrent miscarriages, and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
- He is a member of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists of the United Kingdom.
- He has published many articles in both Chinese and English.
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianConsultant, 22 years of experience
- Dr. Adzlina Jaaffar is a well-known Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with 22 years of rich experience.
- She has a special interest in minimally invasive surgeries, Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy, and Laparoscopic Myomectomy.
- She did MBBS from the United Kingdom and MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology from Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- She promotes breastfeeding practice and provides counseling for patients.
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Edmund Lai Sing Foo is a well-known obstetrician and gynecologist having 20+ years of experience in this field.
- He is adept in performing normal and vacuum deliveries, caesarean sections, laparoscopic hysterectomy, ovarian cystectomy, and ligation.
- He has expertise in infertility treatment, menopausal gynecology, maternal-fetal medicine, gyne-oncology, and reproductive medicine.
- He has pursued MBBS and M Med (O & G) from National University of Singapore and MRCOG from Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists (United Kingdom).
Ivf Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Ivf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
In natural conception, fertilization of the egg and sperm occurs inside a woman's body, when the fertilized embryo continues to grow inside a woman's uterus, pregnancy results in the birth of a baby about 9 months later. This process is called natural or unassisted conception.
Assisted reproductive technology (ART) are special medical procedures that are used to aid the woman in getting pregnant.
Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after a year of having regular unprotected sex.
Most IVF doctors recommend transferring up to three embryos at a time to increase the chances of pregnancy, which may result in multiple pregnancies.
Results may differ from one clinic to another Pregnancy rates reflect the number of women who became pregnant after IVF. But not all pregnancies result in a live birth. Live birth rates reflect the number of women who give birth to a living child.Usually the percentage of live birth ranges between 40-45 percent for a patient below the age of 35 yrs .
In the process of IVF the woman’s egg are being retrieved surgically and then it is fertilized in the laboratory by mixing with the partner sperm. The fertilized egg is being left to grow for two to five days and then it is surgically transferred to woman’s womb.
There are various factor which has an important role in determining whether the patient can go for IVF treatment such as low sperm count, endometriosis, problem in uterus or fallopian tube, ovulation disorder, sperm not able to penetrate or survice in the cervical mucus.
The success rate of IVF is determined according to the age, apart from age the other factors which plays an important role in success of IVF varies according to the height, weight, the condition causing infertility, sperm count, reproductive history and the number of previous pregnancy, miscarriage and birth.
Before your IVF you should stop smoking, drinking alcohol & reduce your caffeine intake. It has also seen that nicotine can cause aging of the ovaries and makes the egg resistant to fertilization.
Once it is confirmed that you are pregnant, you need to see your gynaecologist for your blood test and ultrasound to check how pregnancy is being progressing.
Your doctor will decide the number of embryos to be transferred into your uterus. If only single embryo is transferred then it will be not possible to have multiple pregnancies. The chances of giving birth from multiple embryos are somewhat higher than transferring a single embryo.
During the Ivf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The process of IVF can last anywhere from four to six weeks before egg retrieval. Embryos will be implanted two to five days after it. It is usually not successful in first attempt most patient has to undergo multiple cycle to become pregnant.
IVF is generally performed by Gynecologist doctors or a reproductive endrocinologist who have special interest in fertility treatment and are qualified for it.
During the process of IVF, the mature eggs are being collected from the ovaries and then they are fertilized and transferred to the uterus. For completing one full cycle of IVF it will take about three weeks or even longer time.
After Ivf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Outcomes may vary from one clinic to another. Pregnancy rates reflect the number of women who became pregnant after IVF. However, not all pregnancies result in a live birth. Surviving birth rates reflect the number of women who give birth to a living child. The survival rate for a patient under the age of 35 is usually between 40-45 percent.
Unused embryos may be frozen and implanted later or donated
It is advised to do a blood pregnancy test after 12-14 days of IVF and to avoid home pregnancy test as may wrongly give a false positive if tested before 7 days due to residual HCG after the shot given for egg maturation.
If the eggs are unhealthy you can use donor eggs
Yes, you can travel back.
Some of the restrictions which you have to follow during your IVF is quit smoking and drinkling, vigorous exercise, medications, taking herbal supplements.
Patients are asked to wait for one to two full menstrual cycle before starting the another IVF cycle. Some other tests are needed which can even delay the IVF cycles.
Some of the side effects associated with IVF are nausea or vomiting, shortness of breath, decreased frequency of urination, feeling of faintness, weight gain, stomach pain and bloating, breast tenderness, constipation, cramping.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by IVF Specialist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Ivf
FAQ videos related to Ivf
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Ivf in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Ivf in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- India, USD 2800 to USD 4200, approximately 30% lower than Malaysia
- Turkey, USD 2000 to USD 3000, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia
- Thailand, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 0% higher than Malaysia
- Germany, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 0% higher than Malaysia