Ivf Cost In GermanyChat
What is Ivf?
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is the most effective form of assisted reproductive technology, where mature eggs are collected (retrieved) from ovaries and fertilized by sperm in a lab. The fertilized egg (embryo) or eggs (embryos) are transferred to the uterus.
One complete cycle of IVF takes about three weeks. The procedure can be done using your eggs and your partner's sperm.
Another way is using eggs, sperm, or embryos from a known or anonymous donor.
How is the Procedure Performed?
IVF involves several steps -
ovarian stimulation, you might receive an injectable medication containing a follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), a luteinizing hormone (LH), or a combination of both for stimulating the ovary to produce multiple eggs.
Egg retrieval, Transvaginal ultrasound aspiration is the usual retrieval method to collect eggs.
For sperm retrieval (the partner will provide the sample), fertilization is done; after that, healthy sperm and mature eggs are mixed and incubated overnight, and the embryo is transferred into the vagina.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The chances of having a healthy baby using IVF depend on many factors, such as your age, ovarian reserve, and sperm count.
The average success rate is 60-70 percent.
The cost of IVF includes:
Cost for Diagnostic tests, some of which may include hormone-specific tests (FSH, AMH, and Estradiol) tubal patency tests, prolactin tests, and semen evaluation
Procedure cost (depends on the type of procedure)
Types of procedures - fresh, frozen, cleavage (day 3), blastocyst (day 5), single, and multiple embryo transfers
Post-Operative cost (The IVF cycle takes around four weeks and there are 3-6 visits between the start of stimulation and egg retrieval.)
Patient's hospital stay (IVF is an outpatient procedure, however in some cases, the patient needs to be admitted to the hospital before the process)
Note: It is advised to do a blood pregnancy test after 12-14 days of IVF and to avoid a home pregnancy test as may wrongly give a false positive if tested before 7 days due to residual HCG after the shot given for egg maturation.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
Age of the patient
Post-IVF patients may feel some side effects (nausea or vomiting, shortness of breath, decreased frequency of urination, feeling of faintness, weight gain, stomach pain and bloating, breast tenderness, constipation, cramping)
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
If any extra investigations are required
Cost related to Ivf in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|IVF||USD 4500 to USD 5500|
|IVF with Donor Eggs||USD 4500 to USD 5500|
|Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection Procedure ICSI||USD 3240 to USD 3960|
Ivf in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Ivf are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Ivf
Types of Fertilization.
Steps in IVF procedure.
Types of IVF treatment.
Benefits of IVF.
Perspective patients of IVF.
Top hospitals and doctors for Ivf in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Ivf in Germany
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Hospital of the Holy Spirit, Frankfurt
- The Hospital of the Holy Spirit was founded in the year 1815 in downtown Frankfurt.
- It has a capacity of 276 beds and 20 emergency beds in ten specialist clinics and institutes with the highest medical and nursing level.
- It also acts as an academic teaching hospital of the Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main and one of the 6 designated indispensable emergency locations for Frankfurt.
- The hospital hygiene department coordinates with the Antibiotic Stewardship (ABS) program making it a safe place for patients with infectious diseases, and antibiotic consumption.
- Other than the medical services provided, the hospital provides an accompanying person who can spend the night for assistance; telephone and television for entertainment; taxi services; and book trolley to borrow books and magazines from for the stay.
- This hospital is regarded as one of the oldest health care establishments in the city with its magnificent history of nearly 800 years.
- The building on Lange Straße from 1839 was designed by the architect Heinrich Rumpf and was considered the most modern hospital building of its time.
Doctors for Ivf in Germany
Prof. Dr. Med. Christian Thaler
IVF SpecialistHead of Department, 25 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Christian Thaler is a renowned Fertility specialist having worked in the field of pregnancy impairment and infertility treatment with IVF, blastocyst transfer, intracytoplasmic sperm injections and nutrition correction for +25 years.
- He is a professional member of the Executive Board of the German Menopause Society. He is the President of the German Society of Reproductive Medicine besides holding the memberships of many national and internal scientific societies. He is an elected member of Zuercher Kreis, an expert body on issues in the field of gynecological endocrinology and hormonal contraception. He is an appointed member of the Advisory Committee on 'assisted reproduction', Bavarian State Ministry for Health and Care.
- Over his two decades of practice, he possesses specialised knowledge in IVF procedures, contraception and Intrauterine insemination. His scientific and clinical interests include hormonal and immunological processes during pregnancy, mechanisms of embryonal nidation in the womb and the effects of trace elements and vitamins on the ovarian function.
- He has authored and co-authored several books, has book contributions to his credit and contributions to many other scientific publications.
Ivf Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Ivf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
In natural conception, fertilization of the egg and sperm occurs inside a woman's body, when the fertilized embryo continues to grow inside a woman's uterus, pregnancy results in the birth of a baby about 9 months later. This process is called natural or unassisted conception.
Assisted reproductive technology (ART) are special medical procedures that are used to aid the woman in getting pregnant.
Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after a year of having regular unprotected sex.
Most IVF doctors recommend transferring up to three embryos at a time to increase the chances of pregnancy, which may result in multiple pregnancies.
Results may differ from one clinic to another Pregnancy rates reflect the number of women who became pregnant after IVF. But not all pregnancies result in a live birth. Live birth rates reflect the number of women who give birth to a living child.Usually the percentage of live birth ranges between 40-45 percent for a patient below the age of 35 yrs .
In the process of IVF the woman’s egg are being retrieved surgically and then it is fertilized in the laboratory by mixing with the partner sperm. The fertilized egg is being left to grow for two to five days and then it is surgically transferred to woman’s womb.
There are various factor which has an important role in determining whether the patient can go for IVF treatment such as low sperm count, endometriosis, problem in uterus or fallopian tube, ovulation disorder, sperm not able to penetrate or survice in the cervical mucus.
The success rate of IVF is determined according to the age, apart from age the other factors which plays an important role in success of IVF varies according to the height, weight, the condition causing infertility, sperm count, reproductive history and the number of previous pregnancy, miscarriage and birth.
Before your IVF you should stop smoking, drinking alcohol & reduce your caffeine intake. It has also seen that nicotine can cause aging of the ovaries and makes the egg resistant to fertilization.
Once it is confirmed that you are pregnant, you need to see your gynaecologist for your blood test and ultrasound to check how pregnancy is being progressing.
Your doctor will decide the number of embryos to be transferred into your uterus. If only single embryo is transferred then it will be not possible to have multiple pregnancies. The chances of giving birth from multiple embryos are somewhat higher than transferring a single embryo.
During the Ivf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The process of IVF can last anywhere from four to six weeks before egg retrieval. Embryos will be implanted two to five days after it. It is usually not successful in first attempt most patient has to undergo multiple cycle to become pregnant.
IVF is generally performed by Gynecologist doctors or a reproductive endrocinologist who have special interest in fertility treatment and are qualified for it.
During the process of IVF, the mature eggs are being collected from the ovaries and then they are fertilized and transferred to the uterus. For completing one full cycle of IVF it will take about three weeks or even longer time.
After Ivf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Outcomes may vary from one clinic to another. Pregnancy rates reflect the number of women who became pregnant after IVF. However, not all pregnancies result in a live birth. Surviving birth rates reflect the number of women who give birth to a living child. The survival rate for a patient under the age of 35 is usually between 40-45 percent.
Unused embryos may be frozen and implanted later or donated
It is advised to do a blood pregnancy test after 12-14 days of IVF and to avoid home pregnancy test as may wrongly give a false positive if tested before 7 days due to residual HCG after the shot given for egg maturation.
If the eggs are unhealthy you can use donor eggs
Yes, you can travel back.
Some of the restrictions which you have to follow during your IVF is quit smoking and drinkling, vigorous exercise, medications, taking herbal supplements.
Patients are asked to wait for one to two full menstrual cycle before starting the another IVF cycle. Some other tests are needed which can even delay the IVF cycles.
Some of the side effects associated with IVF are nausea or vomiting, shortness of breath, decreased frequency of urination, feeling of faintness, weight gain, stomach pain and bloating, breast tenderness, constipation, cramping.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Infertility Specialist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Ivf
FAQ videos related to Ivf
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Ivf in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Ivf in other countries compared to Germany is:
- India, USD 2800 to USD 4200, approximately 30% lower than Germany
- Turkey, USD 2000 to USD 3000, approximately 50% lower than Germany
- Thailand, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 0% higher than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 0% higher than Germany