Icd Implantation Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Icd Implantation?
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation surgery is done to maintain the normal electrical activity of the heart.
How is the Procedure Performed?
An implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) is a small battery-powered device placed in the chest to monitor the heart rhythm and detect irregular heartbeats. An ICD can deliver electric shocks via one or more wires connected to an individual's heart to fix an abnormal heart rhythm.
Who is the Right Doctor for Icd Implantation?
The right doctor to consult for implantable cardioverter-defibrillator placement is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate is usually high and varies between 82-94%.
Possible risks after an ICD placement may include, Infection at the implant site, Allergic reaction to the medications used during the procedure, Swelling, Bleeding, Damage to the vein where the ICD leads are placed, etc.
Cost related to Icd Implantation in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|CRT- D Implant (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy)||USD 30600 to USD 37400|
Icd Implantation in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Icd Implantation are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Icd Implantation in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 16 Hospitals and doctors for Icd Implantation in Malaysia
Subang Jaya Medical Centre, Subang Jaya
- A joint venture of Ramsay Health Care, Australia and Sime Darby, Malaysia, Subang Jaya Medical Centre is the flagship hospital of Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care.
- The Hospital provides tertiary care with a wide range of comprehensive specialities and is well known for its pioneering clinical practice, cutting edge medical technologies, and progress through continual scientific research.
- Its medical and surgical specialities include Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Gynaecology (Reproductive Medicine Specialist), Gynaecology (Urogynaecology), Neurology, Neurosurgery, Nuclear Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Oculoplastic Surgery, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Surgery, an extensive Paediatrics specialities like Cardiology, Dermatology, Genetics & Metabolism, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and many more.
- The quality healthcare services it provides are reflected through its JCI Accreditation and many awards it has received in such as the Best Practices Award, Malaysia Hospital Company of the Year 2021, Best Hospital of the Year in Asia Pacific 2020, Nephrology Service Provider of the Year in Asia Pacific 2020, Oncology (Surgical) Service Provider of the Year in Asia Pacific 2020, and Best Hospital of the Year in Malaysia 2020.
- It is also the only Hospital in Malaysia to win the Prime Minister’s Quality Award (Private sector category) twice - 1998 & 2003.
- It has a dedicated International Patients Care team that assist patients from appointment to discharge along with visa, accommodation, cost estimation, and other necessary services.
ParkCity Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur
ParkCity Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur is a multidisciplinary private hospital owned by Ramsey Sime Darby Healthcare (RSDH), one of the trusted and leading healthcare providers of Malaysia known for its pioneering medical practices and employing the latest medical technologies.
It has comprehensive medical and surgical specialities including Breast Surgery, Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT, General Surgery, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Plastic Surgery, and many more.
It is a JCI Accredited Hospital and has won many accolades such as Bronze Award for The Best In House Digital Team for Doctors Online Appointment App 2016, Frost and Sullivan Excellence in EMR Implementation Award 2013, Reader’s Digest Trusted Brands Award 2011 to mention a few.
It has a Child Development Centre Clinical Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Therapy, Audiology, and Optometry.
It has a dedicated International Patient Care Team that assist patients with appointments, cost estimation, admission & discharge, accommodation, and interpreter services.
Ara Damansara Medical Centre, Selangor
Ara Damansara Medical Centre (ADMC), situated in Selangor, Malaysia is part of Ramsay Sime Darby Healthcare (RSDH) which is one of the leading private healthcare groups and a pioneer of advanced medical practices and technologies.
The Medical Centre has extensive medical and surgical specialities such as Breast Surgery, Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, General Surgery, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Oculoplastic Surgery, Oncology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Radiology to mention a few.
It also has a comprehensive Paediatric department which includes Cardiology, Dermatology, Neurology, Ophthalmology & Strabismus Surgery.
The Eye Care Unit is a speciality of the Medical Centre equipped with many of the latest ocular diagnostics and treatment, on par with some of the leading eye centres around the world.
It is supported by cutting edge medical technologies and equipment like 3 Tesla MRI Scanner and Dual Source Flash CT Scanner (low dose).
It has a dedicated International Patient Care Team that helps from hospital appointment and discharge, cost estimation, accommodations, hotels, language interpretation services, and local tours.
Doctors for Icd Implantation in Malaysia
ElectrophysiologistConsultant, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Lim Tye Leng is a renowned cardiologist.
- She is adept in performing bypass surgeries and angioplasty.
- Her expertise is in the areas of heart diseases, congestive heart failure, and Arrhythmia.
- After completing her MBChB from National University of Ireland, she has done MRC, and Diploma in Cardiology from University of London (U.K.).
ElectrophysiologistConsultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Ahmad Nizar B Jamaluddin is a reputed and knowledgeable Cardiologist with 35 years of rich experience.
- His areas of specialization are Electrophysiology, CT Coronary Angiography, Angioplasty, Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy, etc.
- He completed MD from University Kebangsaan, Malaysia, in 1986, MRCP from Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom, in 1991, and Fellowship from American College of Cardiology in 2004.
- He was a member of the National Heart Association of Malaysia, Cardiology Credential Committee Academy of Medicine Malaysia, and the National Heart Association of Malaysia.
ElectrophysiologistConsultant, 13 years of experience
- Dr. Lim Chiao Wen is a well-known Cardiologist having experience of 13 years.
- She is adept in performing electrophysiology services, and specializes in syncope and arrhythmias.
- She has publications in reputed journals.
- She has completed MBChB from Glasgow (2007), MRCP from UK (2011), and was awarded Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology (FNHAM) from London.
Before Icd Implantation - Most Frequently Asked Questions
ICD implant is an electronic device which is being connected to heart and it is being used to regulate the fast and life threatening electrical problems within the heart.
ICD implant is placed in those people who have survived with abnormal heart rhythm which can cause sudden death.
Yes, it is a major surgery. ICD is a type of cardiac device, in traditional ICD it is implanted in chest and the wires are being attached to the heart.
Pacemaker controls the abnormal heart rhythm and it uses the electrical pulses to prompt heart to beat at an abnormal rate, it is used for slowing the speed up heart rate, control the faster heart rhythm and to coordinate with the chambers of the heart.
The life duration of an ICD implant are generally for 5 to 7 years and the lifetime of the implant depends on the usage and the type of device.
During the Icd Implantation - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The procedure of ICD implant will take around 2 to 3 hours to do.
ICD insertion will take around 15 to 30 minutes to do.
In ICD implantation the wires are being attached to heart. A subacutaneous is another option which is being implanted under the skin at the side of the chest below the armpit and then it is being implanted under the skin at the side of the chest below the armpit which is being attached to an electrode which runs along the breastbone.
After Icd Implantation - Most Frequently Asked Questions
After an ICD implant you may feel a hard ridge along the incision which gets softer within few months after surgery. You will able to see and feel the outline of the ICD below your skin.
You can return back to work within one to two weeks after surgery.
You will able to return back to your work after 4 to 6 weeks of the procedure. You will be given all the instructions to follow once your procedure is completed.
Yes, ICD implantation improves the quality of life for primary and secondary prevention of sudden cardiac death and the mortality of life is significantly predicated by their quality of life.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Electrophysiologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals