Hysterectomy Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Hysterectomy?
Hysterectomy is surgical removal of uterus usually done in fibroids causing excessive bleeding, uterine cancer,endometriosis and adenomyosis.
Who is the Right Doctor for Hysterectomy?
procedure is performed by a gynecologist.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In subtotal hysterectomy, surgeon removes only the upper part of the uterus,In total hysterectomy removes uterus and cervix. In Radical hysterectomy, surgeon removes the whole uterus, tissue on the sides of the uterus, the cervix, and the top part of the vagina. Radical hysterectomy is done when cancer is present.There are two main approaches for hysterectomy namely laparoscopic and robot assisted.
After a hysterectomy, women no longer have menstrual periods and cannot become pregnant
The cost Hysterectomy Surgery includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [Cervical cytology (Pap test), Endometrial biopsy, Pelvic ultrasound, blood tests, etc.]
Type of Surgery [laparoscopic hysterectomy (keyhole surgery), vaginal hysterectomy, abdominal hysterectomy, etc.]
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complications if it happens (such as infection, bleeding, nerve injury, etc.)
Cost of blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Hysterectomy in United Arab Emirates
Popular Cities in United-arab-emirates for Hysterectomy are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Hysterectomy in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 21 Hospitals and doctors for Hysterectomy in United Arab Emirates
Fakeeh University Hospital, Dubai
- Fakeeh University Hospital is a multi-speciality hospital launched in 2018 by the Fakeeh Care Group, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- The hospital is a leading choice when it comes to primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare for patients that offers treatments across +20 specialities.
- Fakeeh University Hospital is a Smart Hospital, fully equipped with cutting-edge technology and smart systems to meet the unique needs of the hospital and patients. The hospital has fully integrated electronic medical records, supports improvements to the quality and efficiency of healthcare services for patients and the general public. It also uses integrated virtual, home and hospital visit for patient convenience and care.
- The hospital is constructed over 1 million square feet area and has a capacity of 350 beds, 35 adult ICU beds, 10 Pediatric ICU beds, 15 NICU beds and the largest emergency department in the private sector spread across 35,000 square feet.
- The hospital can handle a capacity of 7,00,000 patients a year.
- Some of the other facilities at the hospital include, 24* 7 Emergency Care, Cath Lab, Inpatient Services Facilities, Intensive Care Unit, Laboratory Pharmacy and Outpatient Services Facilities. Some of its specialised medical services, the hospital now offers, Occupational Health Screenings, COVID-19 Screening Patient Focused Clinics, FUH Life and FUH Life.
- The hospital uses innovative diagnostic technology, advanced data-assisted and automated medication dispensing systems, which combined with leading medical expertise, makes patient diagnoses and care precise and efficient.
- The medical professionals at Fakeeh University Hospital are highly experienced with advanced medical knowledge. The medical staff is also skilled, congenial, empathic and truly concerned about patients.
- The hospital building is planned as a 100% green building structure with ample green spaces, water bodies and natural light. It is promoted as a completely smoke-free healthcare facility.
- The interiors are pleasing and aesthetically done.
- The premises are spotlessly clean.
- Fakeeh University Hospital is also a teaching hospital set up to provide world-class medical education and also to enable the recovery of patients by bringing the outcomes of advanced research to them.
- The hospital will be a benchmark to foster ties for medical collaboration and international affiliations. It will combine medical education with evidence-based medicine in a modern environment.
Burjeel Medical City, Abu Dhabi
- Established in 2017, Burjeel Medical City is the largest tertiary care facility in the heart of Mohamed Bin Zayed City.
- Developed under VPS Healthcare, the hospital offers world-class healthcare facilities in Medical Oncology, Gynecology, Haematology, Palliative Care, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Radiology, and other medical departments.
- The hospital’s main building comprises one basement floor, ground floor, four podiums, four towers with seven floors each, and a helipad for patient transport.
Burjeel Specialty Hospital, Sharjah
- Established in October 2019, Burjeel Specialty Hospital in Sharjah is the 23rd hospital developed under VPS healthcare.
- The 75-bedded hospital is the Joint Commission International (JCI) accredited hospital with 24*7 laboratory and emergency services and radiology department covering a wide range of radiology specialties.
- The hospital offers six centers of excellence that include women’s health, primary care surgery, neurosciences, bariatric surgery & weight loss, plastic, reconstructive, & cosmetic surgery, and cardiac sciences.
Doctors for Hysterectomy in United Arab Emirates
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Mirna Hafez is a leading Gynaecologist and Obstetrician in UAE.
- She has over 10 years of medical experience.
- She is an expert in Antenatal care for low-risk and high-risk pregnancies, normal and cesarean deliveries, caring for all types of miscarriages and molar pregnancies and more.
- She is a member of the Emirates Medical Association Obstetrics and Gynecology Society and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr. Mirna Hafez received an MBBS and an MD from the Arab Board Diploma of Health Specialisations in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Reem Reda is an experienced Obstetrician and Gynaecologist in the UAE.
- She has worked in medicine for +10 years and has operated on more than 5000 cases.
- She specializes in Low-risk and high-risk pregnancies, Vulvovaginal reconstruction surgically and non-surgically, Open and laparoscopic Benign ovarian lesions, Open, laparoscopic and hysteroscopy benign uterine lesions and more.
- She is a member of the Emirates Medical Association Obstetrics and Gynecology Society, the Arab Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr. Reem Reda graduated from the Ain Shams University Medical School, Egypt with an MBBS.
- She obtained Diploma in IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology from Cairo University, Egypt.
Dr. Sara Izzeldin Hassan Hussein
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianChief, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Sara Izzeldin Hassan Hussein is a noted Gynaecologist and Obstetrician with over 10 years of clinical experience.
- Her specialization is Pre-Pregnancy Counselling, screening and planning, High-Risk Pregnancy and early/recurrent pregnancy loss, Multiple Pregnancies, obstetric Medicine and closed Labor Ward Monitoring and care.
- She is a member of the Emirates Medical Association of Obstetrics, the Obstetrical & Gynaecological Society of Sudan, the Saudi Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Gynecology Society and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr. Sara Izzeldin Hassan Hussein graduated from Ahfad University for Women, Sudan with an MBBS (2004) and MD.
- She has a Diploma from the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dubai.
- She has another Diploma of Higher Education in MIS (Minimal Invasive Surgery) from Germany.
- Dr. Sara Izzeldin Hassan Hussein has a Membership of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (MRCPI) in OBG- Ireland.
Hysterectomy Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Hysterectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
During the operation, anesthesia or an epidural could be given so it will not hurt. However, minor cramps and discomfort will be experienced after surgery.
Having a hysterectomy doesn't cause weight loss directly. However, depending on the underlying condition it's treating, some people might experience weight loss that's not necessarily related to the procedure itself.
After a hysterectomy, the other abdominal organs shift slightly to fill the space. Unless extensive surgery is performed the vagina remains the same after a hysterectomy.
Hysterectomy is the surgery which is done for removing the uterus this is also being done for some other reasons such as uterine fibroids, uterine prolapse, cancer of the uterus, cervix or ovaries, chronic pelvic pain or abnormal vaginal bleeding.
There are different types of hysterectomy depending on the reason of hysterectomy surgeon may choose to remove all or only some part of the uterus.
- Supracervical hysterectomy- Only the upper part of the uterus is being removed by keeping the cervix in place
- Total hysterectomy- The whole uterus and the cervix is being removed.
- Radical hysterectomy- It removes the whole uterus and the tissues present on the sides of the uterus.
Yes, Hysterectomy is a major surgery but with the new technological advancement the discomfort and the risk of infection of the surgery is being decreased.
Women of any age can get their uterus removed but they should be medically fit for it usually women of age 18 to 35 years should consider for hysterectomy because it is necessary for their well being.
During the Hysterectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Hospital stay is for 2 days.
It usually takes 1-1.5 hours.
Hysterectomy surgery is mainly done under general anaesthesia. This procedure lasts for about one to two hours.
In Hyterectomy surgery, surgeon makes a 5 to 7 inches incision either up to down and from moving side to side across the belly and the uterus is being removed through this incision. In vaginal hysterectomy the surgeon makes a cut in the vagina and removes the uterus through this and then the incision is closed and no visible scar is being seen.
Laproscopic hysterectomy is being done through then a laparoscope in which a tube lighted camera and a surgical tools is being inserted by making a small cut in the belly. Laproscopic tools are being inserted which helps in removing the uterus. The surgeon performs the hysterectomy from outside the body, viewing the operation on a video screen.
After Hysterectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Open Surgery operates on the lower abdomen giving incision cuts on the belly to remove the uterus leaving a scar mark.
To remove the same, a MIP approach involves an incision in the vagina or belly with surgical tools and camera also using sophisticated technical assistance. This leaves no visible scar.
Hysterectomy removes the uterus and the cervix. This procedure leaves the ovaries intact and will not induce menopause.
It takes around 3 – 4 weeks for vaginal and laparoscopy-assisted vaginal hysterectomy whereas abdominal Surgery takes around 4 – 6 weeks.
Wait for 6 weeks after surgery to return to work, assuming it is not manual or lifting. You can drive a car when you are comfortable wearing a seat belt and do an emergency stop.
Once the wounds have healed, you can swim and resume sexual activity once the discharge has stopped.
The only way to enjoy parenthood after hysterectomy is to go for surrogacy.
You can orgasm after a hysterectomy, no changes are being made in the vagina after hysterectomy procedure.
Hysterectomy is considered bad because when the uterus is being removed it can result in bladder and bowel dysfunction, prolapse and incontinence along with the four fold increased risk of pelvic organ fistula.
Hysterectomy is the biggest cause of vaginal shortening because of the removal of the cancerous organs and scarring the vaginal capacity is being reduced.
Yes, it is possible to gain weight after hysterectomy especially for postmenopausal women also those who have full hysterectomy where uterus and cervix were removed
Yes, you may notice that your stomach has become swollen and puffy after Hysterectomy which will take few months to subside and to recover completely.
Depending on various procedures, the individual may be advised to rest from two to six weeks, with the first two weeks consisting of bed rest.
Weight loss is not a side effect of the surgery. Some people may experience some side effects of the surgery which can result in pain or side effects of anaesthesia. This can sometimes results in temporary weight loss.
Pain is very minimum after the surgery, you may feel some pain or tenderness at the incision site most women are advised to avoid lifting heavy objects and to restrict themselves from having sex for minimum three weeks.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals