Hysterectomy Cost In TunisiaChat
What is Hysterectomy?
Hysterectomy is surgical removal of uterus usually done in fibroids causing excessive bleeding, uterine cancer,endometriosis and adenomyosis.
Who is the Right Doctor for Hysterectomy?
procedure is performed by a gynecologist.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In subtotal hysterectomy, surgeon removes only the upper part of the uterus,In total hysterectomy removes uterus and cervix. In Radical hysterectomy, surgeon removes the whole uterus, tissue on the sides of the uterus, the cervix, and the top part of the vagina. Radical hysterectomy is done when cancer is present.There are two main approaches for hysterectomy namely laparoscopic and robot assisted.
After a hysterectomy, women no longer have menstrual periods and cannot become pregnant
The cost Hysterectomy Surgery includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [Cervical cytology (Pap test), Endometrial biopsy, Pelvic ultrasound, blood tests, etc.]
Type of Surgery [laparoscopic hysterectomy (keyhole surgery), vaginal hysterectomy, abdominal hysterectomy, etc.]
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complications if it happens (such as infection, bleeding, nerve injury, etc.)
Cost of blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Hysterectomy in Tunisia
Popular Cities in Tunisia for Hysterectomy are:
Top hospitals and doctors for Hysterectomy in TunisiaFilter
Showing 16 Hospitals and doctors for Hysterectomy in Tunisia
- The Ennasr Clinic, Ariana is a multidisciplinary hospital located in Tunisia and was founded in 2008, making it one of the most modern institutions.
- It is the first in Tunisia, and in the Maghreb, to have a centralized unit for the preparation of chemotherapy drugs.
- The hospital specializes in diagnosing complex diseases and medical conditions and treating them accordingly with autonomous exploration and care services for medical and surgical specialties.
- Since its conception, the clinic had one of the most effective technical facilities in Africa including 2 ELEKTA linear accelerators (1 Versa HD and 1 Infinity).
- Moreover, in 2019, the Ennasr clinic launched its second ELEKTA accelerator type Infinity with all the modern options available, which makes it the last generation machine.
- The hospital has a dedicated pharmacy with computerized management that is well-equipped with software to track the calculation of doses and traceability of medicines used in the hospital.
- The Ennasr clinic has a separate technical facility and state-of-the-art equipment that meet all surgical and medical requirements.
- Established in 2007, the La Clinique Mediterraneenne, Tunis is a multidisciplinary hospital located in Tunisia.
- The hospital specializes in the entire health structure in terms of services and high-end technology including Orthopedic Surgery, Radiology, Cosmetic surgery, General surgery, 24-hour emergency service, Outpatient surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics, and many more.
- The clinic is well-equipped with the latest treatment options and comprises fully-trained doctors and nearly 300 nurses with extensive experience.
- With 15 in-house operating blocks and 23 care stations, the clinic provides modern, stress-free treatment in accordance with the medical standards used all over the world.
- The clinic provides comfortable and bright single rooms with private bathrooms along with French TV channels and free and unlimited wifi.
- Moreover, La Clinique Mediterraneenne also offers package programs such as accommodation, transfers, and touristic vacationing in Tunis.
- The medical team is French-speaking but is also specifically trained to assist foreign patients and guarantee quality care.
- The Pasteur Clinic is a multidisciplinary clinic located at the Urban Center North in Tunis next to the Pasteur Medical Center.
- Established in the year 2015, the clinic provides the latest technology treatments by following the most modern developments in the world.
- The clinic admits all the patients in a personalized approach in order to connect them to the care units and/or exploration centers concerned as quickly as possible and in the best way possible.
- The endoscopy service available at the clinic includes a modern technical platform, which ensures smooth daily activities and access to hemorrhagic, infectious, cancerological, and ischemic endoscopic emergencies.
- For all emergencies, there are 3 consultation boxes, a sorting area that can fit 4 patients, and an echo-charging room wherein serious patients can be investigated and primary care can be given before being referred to other suitable units.
- Furthermore, a team of dedicated emergency doctors ensures a continuous presence 24 hours a day, and the hospital is well-equipped with an independent entrance and the necessary space.
- The operating room complies with European standards in order to guarantee the safety and quality of the operating procedures.
- With more than 15 million procedures already performed worldwide, the ophthalmological center is also furnished with the Femto-LASIK AMO platform with cutting edge innovation.
- All the hospital rooms of the clinic can be selected based on individual, Comfort, Suite, or VIP basis.
Doctors for Hysterectomy in Tunisia
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr. Mazen Kallel is a dynamic Gynecologist and Obstetrician possessing nearly 15 years of experience.
- He holds extensive experience in antenatal diagnosis, IVF, infertility treatment.
- He has achieved training certification and worked as a ‘Practitioner’ in various hospitals across Paris.
Hysterectomy Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Hysterectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
During the operation, anesthesia or an epidural could be given so it will not hurt. However, minor cramps and discomfort will be experienced after surgery.
Having a hysterectomy doesn't cause weight loss directly. However, depending on the underlying condition it's treating, some people might experience weight loss that's not necessarily related to the procedure itself.
After a hysterectomy, the other abdominal organs shift slightly to fill the space. Unless extensive surgery is performed the vagina remains the same after a hysterectomy.
Hysterectomy is the surgery which is done for removing the uterus this is also being done for some other reasons such as uterine fibroids, uterine prolapse, cancer of the uterus, cervix or ovaries, chronic pelvic pain or abnormal vaginal bleeding.
There are different types of hysterectomy depending on the reason of hysterectomy surgeon may choose to remove all or only some part of the uterus.
- Supracervical hysterectomy- Only the upper part of the uterus is being removed by keeping the cervix in place
- Total hysterectomy- The whole uterus and the cervix is being removed.
- Radical hysterectomy- It removes the whole uterus and the tissues present on the sides of the uterus.
Yes, Hysterectomy is a major surgery but with the new technological advancement the discomfort and the risk of infection of the surgery is being decreased.
Women of any age can get their uterus removed but they should be medically fit for it usually women of age 18 to 35 years should consider for hysterectomy because it is necessary for their well being.
During the Hysterectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Hospital stay is for 2 days.
It usually takes 1-1.5 hours.
Hysterectomy surgery is mainly done under general anaesthesia. This procedure lasts for about one to two hours.
In Hyterectomy surgery, surgeon makes a 5 to 7 inches incision either up to down and from moving side to side across the belly and the uterus is being removed through this incision. In vaginal hysterectomy the surgeon makes a cut in the vagina and removes the uterus through this and then the incision is closed and no visible scar is being seen.
Laproscopic hysterectomy is being done through then a laparoscope in which a tube lighted camera and a surgical tools is being inserted by making a small cut in the belly. Laproscopic tools are being inserted which helps in removing the uterus. The surgeon performs the hysterectomy from outside the body, viewing the operation on a video screen.
After Hysterectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Open Surgery operates on the lower abdomen giving incision cuts on the belly to remove the uterus leaving a scar mark.
To remove the same, a MIP approach involves an incision in the vagina or belly with surgical tools and camera also using sophisticated technical assistance. This leaves no visible scar.
Hysterectomy removes the uterus and the cervix. This procedure leaves the ovaries intact and will not induce menopause.
It takes around 3 – 4 weeks for vaginal and laparoscopy-assisted vaginal hysterectomy whereas abdominal Surgery takes around 4 – 6 weeks.
Wait for 6 weeks after surgery to return to work, assuming it is not manual or lifting. You can drive a car when you are comfortable wearing a seat belt and do an emergency stop.
Once the wounds have healed, you can swim and resume sexual activity once the discharge has stopped.
The only way to enjoy parenthood after hysterectomy is to go for surrogacy.
You can orgasm after a hysterectomy, no changes are being made in the vagina after hysterectomy procedure.
Hysterectomy is considered bad because when the uterus is being removed it can result in bladder and bowel dysfunction, prolapse and incontinence along with the four fold increased risk of pelvic organ fistula.
Hysterectomy is the biggest cause of vaginal shortening because of the removal of the cancerous organs and scarring the vaginal capacity is being reduced.
Yes, it is possible to gain weight after hysterectomy especially for postmenopausal women also those who have full hysterectomy where uterus and cervix were removed
Yes, you may notice that your stomach has become swollen and puffy after Hysterectomy which will take few months to subside and to recover completely.
Depending on various procedures, the individual may be advised to rest from two to six weeks, with the first two weeks consisting of bed rest.
Weight loss is not a side effect of the surgery. Some people may experience some side effects of the surgery which can result in pain or side effects of anaesthesia. This can sometimes results in temporary weight loss.
Pain is very minimum after the surgery, you may feel some pain or tenderness at the incision site most women are advised to avoid lifting heavy objects and to restrict themselves from having sex for minimum three weeks.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals