Hysterectomy Cost In GermanyChat
What is Hysterectomy?
Hysterectomy is surgical removal of uterus usually done in fibroids causing excessive bleeding, uterine cancer,endometriosis and adenomyosis.
Who is the Right Doctor for Hysterectomy?
procedure is performed by a gynecologist.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In subtotal hysterectomy, surgeon removes only the upper part of the uterus,In total hysterectomy removes uterus and cervix. In Radical hysterectomy, surgeon removes the whole uterus, tissue on the sides of the uterus, the cervix, and the top part of the vagina. Radical hysterectomy is done when cancer is present.There are two main approaches for hysterectomy namely laparoscopic and robot assisted.
After a hysterectomy, women no longer have menstrual periods and cannot become pregnant
The cost Hysterectomy Surgery includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [Cervical cytology (Pap test), Endometrial biopsy, Pelvic ultrasound, blood tests, etc.]
Type of Surgery [laparoscopic hysterectomy (keyhole surgery), vaginal hysterectomy, abdominal hysterectomy, etc.]
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complications if it happens (such as infection, bleeding, nerve injury, etc.)
Cost of blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Hysterectomy in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Laparoscopic Hysterectomy||USD 10800 to USD 13200|
Hysterectomy in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Hysterectomy are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Hysterectomy in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Hysterectomy in Germany
Charite University Hospital
- The Charité University Hospital located in Berlin is one of Europe's most reputed and largest university hospitals affiliated with Humboldt University and Free University Berlin.
- Established in 1710, it is one of Germany's most research-intensive medical institutions, which was ranked by Focus as the best of over 1000 hospitals in Germany.
- In 2010, the clinic celebrated its 300th anniversary, and in 2019 and 2020, Newsweek ranked the Charité as the fifth-best hospital in the world and best in Europe.
- The hospitals has numerous Collaborative Research Centres (CRC) of the Deutsche Forschungsgmeinschaft.
- Charité treats more patients than any other university hospital in Germany with 692,920 outpatient cases and 152,693 inpatient cases in a year.
- From 2012 to 2020, more than half of all German Nobel Prize winners in Physiology or Medicine, including Emil von Behring, Robert Koch, and Paul Ehrlich have worked at the Charité.
- Several congressmen and diplomats have been treated at the Charité, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Yulia Tymoshenko from Ukraine, and, more recently, Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny was treated here in August 2020.
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Doctors for Hysterectomy in Germany
Prof. Dr. Med. Habil Bernd Bojahr
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianSenior Consultant, 30 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Habil Bernhard Bojahr is a notable Gynaecologist and Obstetrician in Germany with more than 30 years of professional expertise.
- He specialises in the minimally invasive surgical management of benign genital conditions, such as pelvic floor disorders.
- He is a member of the German Medical Association, the European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy, the German Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, the German-Russian Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists and the German Society of Urology.
- Prof. Dr. Med. Habil Bernd Bojahr gained his MBBS (1986) in Russia.
- He did his specialization in Gynaecology and Obstetrics (1990) at the Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-University, Greifswald, Germany.
- Prof. Dr. Med. Habil Bernd Bojahr is the author of several publications and articles.
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianChief, 38 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Michael Untch is a gyne-oncologist with 38+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include preoperative systemic therapy for breast cancer, cancer surgery, sentinel lymph node operations, chemotherapy, uterus conserving surgery for fibroma, urinary incontinence and treatment for uterine dysplasia.
- He graduated from Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich.
- He also completed his postdoctoral research at the department of gynecologic oncology at the University of Miami.
- Dr. Untch did optional studies of internal medicine and surgery in University Hospital, Augsburg and second optional studies of obstetrics and gynecology in University Clinic Munich-Grosshadern.
- He has penned several publications that are published in national and international journals.
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianChief, 32 years of experience
- MD Dieter Lampe is a gynecologist with 32+ years of experience.
- His forte includes gynecological oncology, Fibroids, Infertility evaluation and treatment, Endometriosis, and myomectomy.
- He completed graduation from Medical Academy of Dresden, Germany and post-graduation from the University of Rostock.
- Dr. Lampe did specialty training in gynecology and obstetrics from a prestigious hospital of Germany.
- He has won many awards for his contribution in the medical field.
- He has many publications under his name in national and international journals.
Hysterectomy Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Hysterectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
During the operation, anesthesia or an epidural could be given so it will not hurt. However, minor cramps and discomfort will be experienced after surgery.
Having a hysterectomy doesn't cause weight loss directly. However, depending on the underlying condition it's treating, some people might experience weight loss that's not necessarily related to the procedure itself.
After a hysterectomy, the other abdominal organs shift slightly to fill the space. Unless extensive surgery is performed the vagina remains the same after a hysterectomy.
Hysterectomy is the surgery which is done for removing the uterus this is also being done for some other reasons such as uterine fibroids, uterine prolapse, cancer of the uterus, cervix or ovaries, chronic pelvic pain or abnormal vaginal bleeding.
There are different types of hysterectomy depending on the reason of hysterectomy surgeon may choose to remove all or only some part of the uterus.
- Supracervical hysterectomy- Only the upper part of the uterus is being removed by keeping the cervix in place
- Total hysterectomy- The whole uterus and the cervix is being removed.
- Radical hysterectomy- It removes the whole uterus and the tissues present on the sides of the uterus.
Yes, Hysterectomy is a major surgery but with the new technological advancement the discomfort and the risk of infection of the surgery is being decreased.
Women of any age can get their uterus removed but they should be medically fit for it usually women of age 18 to 35 years should consider for hysterectomy because it is necessary for their well being.
During the Hysterectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Hospital stay is for 2 days.
It usually takes 1-1.5 hours.
Hysterectomy surgery is mainly done under general anaesthesia. This procedure lasts for about one to two hours.
In Hyterectomy surgery, surgeon makes a 5 to 7 inches incision either up to down and from moving side to side across the belly and the uterus is being removed through this incision. In vaginal hysterectomy the surgeon makes a cut in the vagina and removes the uterus through this and then the incision is closed and no visible scar is being seen.
Laproscopic hysterectomy is being done through then a laparoscope in which a tube lighted camera and a surgical tools is being inserted by making a small cut in the belly. Laproscopic tools are being inserted which helps in removing the uterus. The surgeon performs the hysterectomy from outside the body, viewing the operation on a video screen.
After Hysterectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Open Surgery operates on the lower abdomen giving incision cuts on the belly to remove the uterus leaving a scar mark.
To remove the same, a MIP approach involves an incision in the vagina or belly with surgical tools and camera also using sophisticated technical assistance. This leaves no visible scar.
Hysterectomy removes the uterus and the cervix. This procedure leaves the ovaries intact and will not induce menopause.
It takes around 3 – 4 weeks for vaginal and laparoscopy-assisted vaginal hysterectomy whereas abdominal Surgery takes around 4 – 6 weeks.
Wait for 6 weeks after surgery to return to work, assuming it is not manual or lifting. You can drive a car when you are comfortable wearing a seat belt and do an emergency stop.
Once the wounds have healed, you can swim and resume sexual activity once the discharge has stopped.
The only way to enjoy parenthood after hysterectomy is to go for surrogacy.
You can orgasm after a hysterectomy, no changes are being made in the vagina after hysterectomy procedure.
Hysterectomy is considered bad because when the uterus is being removed it can result in bladder and bowel dysfunction, prolapse and incontinence along with the four fold increased risk of pelvic organ fistula.
Hysterectomy is the biggest cause of vaginal shortening because of the removal of the cancerous organs and scarring the vaginal capacity is being reduced.
Yes, it is possible to gain weight after hysterectomy especially for postmenopausal women also those who have full hysterectomy where uterus and cervix were removed
Yes, you may notice that your stomach has become swollen and puffy after Hysterectomy which will take few months to subside and to recover completely.
Depending on various procedures, the individual may be advised to rest from two to six weeks, with the first two weeks consisting of bed rest.
Weight loss is not a side effect of the surgery. Some people may experience some side effects of the surgery which can result in pain or side effects of anaesthesia. This can sometimes results in temporary weight loss.
Pain is very minimum after the surgery, you may feel some pain or tenderness at the incision site most women are advised to avoid lifting heavy objects and to restrict themselves from having sex for minimum three weeks.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals