Hydrocephalus Treatment Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Hydrocephalus?
A condition of the brain where the cerebrospinal fluid is being accumulated abnormally in the brain and ventricles is called hydrocephalus.
This extra fluid tends to put pressure on the brain and nervous system, causing a lot of trouble and symptoms like
- Large head size
- Loss of speech and control
Large head size is seen in infants as their skull bone is not fused.
How is the Procedure Performed?
To treat hydrocephalus, immediate drainage of CSF fluid is arranged by surgically inserting a tube or shunt to drain out the excessive fluid.
This tube is monitored till the symptoms subside and the patient is kept on regular follow-up.
Medicines are given which are diuretic in nature and help in flushing out the excessive fluid.
Who is the Right Doctor for Hydrocephalus Treatment?
The doctor for treating such conditions are Neurosurgeons, Head and Neck surgeons, and Pediatric Surgeons.
What tests are required?
In cases of abnormally big head size, it is pretty straightforward, and no diagnostic test is required; however, in adult cases, we might have to do a CT scan and MRI to understand the condition.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate is highly variable, and it depends upon a lot of factors, like
- The age of the patient
- The reason for the condition
- How long the state has been sustained.
In general, the survival percentage is 24-75%.
The cost of Hydrocephalus Treatment includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (X-ray or MRI may be done)
Type of surgery (surgical shunt implantation or endoscopic third ventriculostomy)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (antibiotics, painkillers, etc.)
Patient's hospital stay (may need to stay for 2-4 days)
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as Walking problems, mild dementia, and bladder control issues usually show some improvement within days after surgery)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
Age of the patient
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Hydrocephalus Treatment in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Hydrocephalus Treatment||USD 6300 to USD 7700|
Hydrocephalus Treatment in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Hydrocephalus Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Hydrocephalus Treatment in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 23 Hospitals and doctors for Hydrocephalus Treatment in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading hospitals in Malaysia accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the highest international quality accreditation in terms of patient safety and health care services.
- Established in 1996, the hospital is delivering healthcare and excellence for over 25 years.
- The Hospital is particularly known for its Cardiology, Oncology, and Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery.
- It provides comprehensive medical and surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, ENT, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Surgery to mention a few.
- Gleneagles Hospital has one of the most advanced technologies like Gamma Knife and Da Vinci Si Surgery System.
- A well-equipped Imaging Department like Ultrasound Examination, Computed Tomography Scan (C.T. Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Non-vascular Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and General Radiography.
- The Hospital also received several awards namely, the 'International Hospital of the Year,' and 'Highly Commended for Excellence in Customer Service' award from the prestigious International Medical Travel Journal in 2018. It also received the 'Best Health Screening Provider in Asia Pacific' by the Global Health and Travel Awards 2019.
- Several services are provided for international patients such as Visa, flight booking, airport transfer, accommodation, air evacuation & repatriation, doctor referral and appointment, cost estimation, emergency care, and sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur is a premier healthcare hospital that has been serving people from all over the world for 47 years.
- It is a one-stop integrated healthcare provider that specialises particularly in Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, and Paediatrics.
- Besides this, it has many medical and surgical departments like Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology & Interventional Radiology, Urology, Fertility Services – IVF, and Cranio-Facial Surgery.
- It is supported by cutting-edge technologies like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerised Tomography (CT) scan, PET-CT, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Bone densitometry, Orthopantomography and other interventional procedures.
- It has the prestigious JCI accreditation along with a certification by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH). It is also a certified Baby-Friendly Hospital.
- The International Patient Centre (IPC) is available to assist international patients from admission to discharge along with airport transfers.
Pantai Hospital Penang
Pantai Hospital Penang is one of the many hospitals owned by the Pantai Group, a leading healthcare services provider in Malaysia.
The Hospital specialises in Neurology and Cardiology besides having excellent medical and patient care in departments like Oncology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatrics, Renal Medicines, Urology and others.
It has three Centres of Excellence namely, the Cancer Centre, Heart Centre, and Stroke Centre.
It is accredited by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) that is under the Ministry of Health.
It is supported by cutting edge medical and surgical technologies like 160-Slice CT Scan, 64-Slice CT Scan, Bone Densitometer (DEXA), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Mammography, Ultrasonography to mention a few.
The Hospital also has an International Patient Centre that will assist international patients from appointment to discharge along with complimentary chauffeured services to hotels or accommodations in Penang.
It also offers a choice of Health Screening Packages for both men and women.
Doctors for Hydrocephalus Treatment in Malaysia
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 48 years of experience
- Dr. Selvapragasam T. is a leading Neurosurgeon with +48 years of experience in the field.
- He is a professional member of the, Malaysian Medical Council, Preliminary Investigation Council, Medical Review Panel, Fitness to Practice Panel.
- Dr. Selvapragasam T did his MBBS in 1973 from the Madras University and then purused two fellowships in 1982 at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
- He is a specialist of cranio-spinal surgery, brain surgery for tumours, spinal surgery, intracranial haemorrhages and traumatic brain & spine surgery. He also treats other neurological conditions such as, cervical/lumbar spondylosis. nerve damage, head injuries, paralysis and spinal tumours/lesions.
NeurosurgeonSenior Consultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr Sani Bin Sayuthi is a trained Neurosurgeon with more than 20 years of training and expertise.
- His specialities include preventing, identifying, and treating nerve, spine, and brain problems.
- He is a member of the Neurosurgical Association Of Malaysia, the Malaysian Medical Council and the Academy of Medicine, Malaysia.
- Dr Sani Bin Sayuthi completed his MBBS (1995) from the National University of Ireland, Ireland.
- He obtained his MS (2007) from Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 40 years of experience
- Mr. B. Gunasekaran is a well-known Neurosurgeon who practises at Gleneagles Penang Hospital.
- He has been working in the field for over 40 years.
- Mr. B. Gunasekaran specialities include brain, spinal cord, and nerve surgery, as well as microsurgery.
- He has completed an MBBS (1975) from the University of Madras, India.
- He obtained FRACS (1983) from Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS), Australia.
- Mr. B. Gunasekaran is well-versed in English, Tamil and Bahasa Melayu.
Hydrocephalus Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Hydrocephalus
FAQ videos related to Hydrocephalus
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Hydrocephalus in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Hydrocephalus in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- India, USD 2800 to USD 4200, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia
- Turkey, USD 4800 to USD 7200, approximately 14% lower than Malaysia
- Thailand, USD 4400 to USD 6600, approximately 21% lower than Malaysia
- Germany, USD 15200 to USD 22800, approximately 171% higher than Malaysia
- Israel, USD 22400 to USD 33600, approximately 300% higher than Malaysia
- Singapore, USD 32000 to USD 48000, approximately 471% higher than Malaysia