Hipec Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
Are you planning Hipec in United Arab Emirates?
You are at the right place
Case manager will help you with budget friendly treatment plan, online consult with doctor, visa, airport transfers, hotel bookings, interpreters…and more.
Help Us With Patient Details
Doctors for Hipec in United Arab Emirates
NeurologistSenior Consultant, 34 years of experience
- Dr. Fadel Fouad Gendy has earned the reputation of a leading Neurosurgeon with his surgical and consultative practice spanning over 34 years.
- After his graduation from Cairo University he also earned his PG. He then earned his MD and PhD qualifications from Ein Shams University, Cairo. Dr. Gendy went on to achieve further training at Vienna University, Austria and New Jersey, the USA. He also received training in cervical spine surgery from Barcelona University in Spain and for microsurgery at Columbia University in New York.
- Dr. Gendy is a leading neurosurgeon who performs surgeries for brain tumour, spinal tumour, spinal fixation, spinal trauma and head trauma. He is a leading medical professional for minimally invasive spine surgeries, back and neck pain, congenital anomalies of the brain and spinal cord in children and disc herniation. He also treats disc diseases, stroke, epilepsy and brain hemorrhage.
- He has attended many national and international conferences and presented several papers.
Surgical OncologistPrincipal Consultant, 28 years of experience
- Dr. Sadir Al Rawi is a well-known Surgical Oncologist, based in Dubai with extensive 28+ years of experience.
- He has completed his graduation, followed by post-graduation. Later, he did advanced laparoscopic oncology training in Dundee, advanced colorectal oncology training in Cornwall, England, and advanced surgical oncology, London.
- His areas of clinical interest lie in Colorectal surgery, Breast Oncology, Head & Neck Surgery, Gynecological Oncology, Management of Sarcoma, Peritoneal surface malignancy, Pancreatic and hepatic Gastrointestinal Oncology, Colonic Surgery with a special interest in endocrine surgery including thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal surgery.
- To date, he has published more than 50+ papers in peer-reviewed journals and given more than 150+ presentations in local, national, and international meetings both in clinical and basic sciences.
- Dr. Sadir has also published 10 chapters in a book.
Surgical OncologistConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Eugene Rent is a reputed Surgical Oncologist having 10 years of experience.
- He has completed his MBBS from the Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, and post-graduation from Rajiv Gandhi University, Karnataka. He did his super specialization at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- He has treated more than 2500 patients; suffering from cancer. He started the Department of surgical oncology at AJ Hospital, Mangalore, and treated 1000 patients for cancer surgeries. Then he worked in Manipal Hospital, Goa, and treated 1500 patients.
- He has expertise in breast cancers and complex cancer surgeries (neck, breast, oral, bowel, and colorectal cancers).
- He has experience in minimally invasive procedures, laparoscopy, open surgeries, and removal of tumors.
Before Hipec - Most Frequently Asked Questions
HIPEC is an innovative procedure which is used for cancer treatments which have been spread to surface of abdominal cavity like colon cancer, gastric cancer, ovarian cancer, appendiceal cancer and peritoneal mesothelioma.
As HIPEC can be directly targeted at the tumors high concentration of chemotherapy is delivered in your abdomen, it can be effectively and safely done than standard chemotherapy which is intravenously done. The chemotherapy solution is able to penetrate the affected tissue for destroying the microscopic cancer cell in a better way. HIPEC when used along with surgical tumor has improved the outcome when compared with chemotherapy or surgery.
HIPEC delivers a higher dose of chemotherapy to directly kills your cancer cells in abdomen, traditional chemotherapy is given intravenously and is circulated in your bloodstream. Higher dose of chemotherapy is needed for killing cancer cells in a single treatment. HIPEC has also few side effects as compares to traditional chemotherapy because little chemotherapy gets absorbed in your blood stream.
It depends on your tumor type, your cancer stage and how quickly it is growing as well as the overall medical condition. You should consult with your doctor whether you are a candidate for this procedure or not. Doctor will carefully check your tumor and then tell what type of tumor you gave got and give you the treatment options. Tumor histology is checked to determine whether this procedure is appropriate for you or not.
You should not drink or eat anything before the procedure. You can do gargles or rinse your mouth but you can’t swallow. Don’t consume tobacco or cigarettes.
HIPEC is used for treating abdominal cancer such as appendix or colorectal cancer as well as cancer of abdomen lining which causes difficulty in breathing.
During the Hipec - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Usually the procedure lasts for six to nine hours but in some cases the time duration may also exceed. Once the cancer is removed from your abdomen HIPEC is started.
Your tumor will be removed surgically by giving you general anaesthesia, it may last between six to nine hours or may even take longer time.Chemotherapy is heated to 107 degree Fahrenheit and then it is circulated throughout your abdomen. Special precautions are taken to keep your body temperature safe during the procedure, it is known as hot chemotherapy which lasts for about 90 minutes.
Second round is usually not necessary, only if mesothelioma resurrence occurs within 18 hours after surgery then only second round is needed.
After Hipec - Most Frequently Asked Questions
After HIPEC patient is told to remain in hospital for about seven to ten days. In that time your digestive system will be recovered from the intense dose of chemotherapy. You will be provided your nutrition with IV tube. There is minimum exposure of chemotherapy which means its side effect such as hair loss, mouth sores can be avoided.
You may feel fatigued for about 2 to 3 hours after surgery. It is important for you to take rest during this period and to keep your body in minimum state of movement you should move around and remain active.
Pain, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Constipation, Bloating, Weight loss, Difficulty sleeping are some of the side effects usually seen after HIPEC
The recovery after HIPEC usually takes three months and it takes around eight to ten hours to complete.
It is safe not only when it is compared to other procedures but it has less morbidity.
You will have dry mouth after surgery, after 3 to 4 days of the surgery you have to start with your liquid diet.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals