Heart Surgery Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Heart Surgery?
Heart surgery is any surgery done on the heart muscle, valves, arteries, or the aorta and other large arteries connected to the heart. The term Open Heart Surgery means that an individual is connected to a heart-lung bypass machine, or bypass pump during surgery.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Heart surgery procedure involves the use of general anesthesia, followed by an 8- to 10-inch cut in the chest. The surgeon cuts through all or part of the patient's breastbone to expose the heart. Once the heart is visible, the patient may be connected to a heart-lung bypass machine.
Who is the Right Doctor for Heart Surgery?
The right doctor to consult for Heart surgery is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The usual success rate lies between 66-74%.
Cost related to Heart Surgery in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Angiography||USD 540 to USD 660|
|Heart Bypass Surgery (CABG)||USD 7200 to USD 8800|
|Aortic Valve Replacement||USD 13140 to USD 16060|
|Mitral Valve Replacement||USD 11160 to USD 13640|
|Heart Bypass - Minimally Invasive CABG||USD 7200 to USD 8800|
|Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Treatment||USD 5940 to USD 7260|
|ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) Closure||USD 8820 to USD 10780|
|Heart Transplant||USD 90000 to USD 110000|
|VSD Closure (Adult) Surgery||USD 8820 to USD 10780|
|AICD||USD 25200 to USD 30800|
|PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Double Chamber||USD 9900 to USD 12100|
|Angioplasty and Stent Placement||USD 6660 to USD 8140|
|Heart Double Valve Replacement||USD 14400 to USD 17600|
|Coronary Artery Surgery||USD 9000 to USD 11000|
|Congenital Heart Disorder CHD||USD 7200 to USD 8800|
Heart Surgery in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Heart Surgery are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Heart Surgery in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 22 Hospitals and doctors for Heart Surgery in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading hospitals in Malaysia accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the highest international quality accreditation in terms of patient safety and health care services.
- Established in 1996, the hospital is delivering healthcare and excellence for over 25 years.
- The Hospital is particularly known for its Cardiology, Oncology, and Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery.
- It provides comprehensive medical and surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, ENT, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Surgery to mention a few.
- Gleneagles Hospital has one of the most advanced technologies like Gamma Knife and Da Vinci Si Surgery System.
- A well-equipped Imaging Department like Ultrasound Examination, Computed Tomography Scan (C.T. Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Non-vascular Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and General Radiography.
- The Hospital also received several awards namely, the 'International Hospital of the Year,' and 'Highly Commended for Excellence in Customer Service' award from the prestigious International Medical Travel Journal in 2018. It also received the 'Best Health Screening Provider in Asia Pacific' by the Global Health and Travel Awards 2019.
- Several services are provided for international patients such as Visa, flight booking, airport transfer, accommodation, air evacuation & repatriation, doctor referral and appointment, cost estimation, emergency care, and sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur is a premier healthcare hospital that has been serving people from all over the world for 47 years.
- It is a one-stop integrated healthcare provider that specialises particularly in Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, and Paediatrics.
- Besides this, it has many medical and surgical departments like Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology & Interventional Radiology, Urology, Fertility Services – IVF, and Cranio-Facial Surgery.
- It is supported by cutting-edge technologies like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerised Tomography (CT) scan, PET-CT, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Bone densitometry, Orthopantomography and other interventional procedures.
- It has the prestigious JCI accreditation along with a certification by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH). It is also a certified Baby-Friendly Hospital.
- The International Patient Centre (IPC) is available to assist international patients from admission to discharge along with airport transfers.
Gleneagles Hospital, Penang
- Gleneagles Hospital, Penang has been providing healthcare services for 48 years with the highest quality medical and surgical services, patient care, and support.
- It was given a JCI accreditation with a Gold Seal of Approval for international quality standards for patient care and organization management in 2016; a reflection of the Hospital's exemplary healthcare quality standards.
- It is a tertiary care hospital for both national and international patients providing a one-stop services.
- Its comprehensive medical and surgical specialities include Cariology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Electrophysiology, ENT, Endocrine Surgery, Foot & Ankle Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynaecological Oncology, Interventional Radiology, Paediatrics including Orthopaedics, Surgery, and Urology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, Spinal Surgery and other specialities.
- The Hospital is also Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) accredited.
- International patients are assisted in services such as visa, flight, doctor's appointment and hospital discharge, emergency, airport transfers, special dietary needs, accommodation, language interpretation, and local sightseeing.
Doctors for Heart Surgery in Malaysia
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 47 years of experience
- Dr. Kenneth Chin Kin Liat is a senior and a skilled Cardiac Surgeon with +47 years of experience in the field of cardiac procedures and treating cardiac conditions.
- He did his MBBS in 1974 from University Malay and in 1978 earned a membership from the Royal College of Physicians, UK and in 1989 a fellowship from the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow.
- Dr. Kin Liat is an expert at performing heart transplants, open heart surgery and surgery to remove blockages. He also treats patients who have suffered heart attack, have advanced stages of heart disease and other cardiovascular conditions.
- He has co-authored very few research articles on findings from his surgical practice
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 15 years of experience
- As a Cardiac Surgeon in Malaysia, Dr. Kenny Cheng has more than 15 years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include the treatment of Coronary Artery Disease (Ischaemic Heart Disease), Valvular Heart Diseases, Lung Cancer, Thoracic & Mediastinal Tumours, Hyperhidrosis (Sweaty Palms) and Paediatric Congenital Heart Defects.
- He is a member of the Medical Council of Malaysia, the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh and the European Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery.
- Dr Kenny Cheng achieved his MBBS and MS from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
- He has an Advanced Fellowship from Birmingham Children's Hospital, England.
- Dr Kenny Cheng is a member of MRCS (Edinburgh, UK) and a fellow of FRCS (Edinburgh, UK).
Dato Dr. Mohd Hamzah bin Kamarulzaman
Cardiac SurgeonSenior Resident, 33 years of experience
- Dr. Mohd Hamzah Kamarulzaman is a cardiothoracic surgeon with having vast experience of 33 years.
- He is adept in performing Aortic Surgery, intra-Cardiac Repair, Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery and Grafting.
- Dr. Mohd Hamzah Kamarulzaman's other expertises are Tetralogy of Fallot, Patent Foramen Ovale, Atrial septal defect (ASD), Ventricular Septal defect (VSD), Valve Repair and Replacement.
- He is VP of the Malaysian association for thoracic and cardiovascular surgery (MATCVS) from 2001-2003 and 2014-2016.
- He is a training director of Malaysian Board for Cardiothoracic Surgery and CPR Committee member and Instructor, Penang.
- He is a member of various prestigious associations that include: the Malaysian Medical Association, the Malaysian Medical Relief Society and Islamic Medical Association Malaysia
- Dr. Mohd Hamzah Kamarulzaman has completed MD and FRCS from Edinburg, U.K. (1991).
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Heart Surgery
More searches related to Heart Surgery
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Heart Surgery in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Heart Surgery in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- Turkey, USD 13600 to USD 20400, approximately 89% higher than Malaysia
- Thailand, USD 12000 to USD 18000, approximately 67% higher than Malaysia
- Germany, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 178% higher than Malaysia
- India, USD 3600 to USD 5400, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia