Heart Surgery Cost In IndiaChat
What is Heart Surgery?
Heart surgery is any surgery done on the heart muscle, valves, arteries, or the aorta and other large arteries connected to the heart. The term Open Heart Surgery means that an individual is connected to a heart-lung bypass machine, or bypass pump during surgery.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Heart surgery procedure involves the use of general anesthesia, followed by an 8- to 10-inch cut in the chest. The surgeon cuts through all or part of the patient's breastbone to expose the heart. Once the heart is visible, the patient may be connected to a heart-lung bypass machine.
Who is the Right Doctor for Heart Surgery?
The right doctor to consult for Heart surgery is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The usual success rate lies between 66-74%.
Cost related to Heart Surgery in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Angiography||Rs.13320 to Rs.17760|
|Coronary Angioplasty||Rs.177600 to Rs.236800|
|Heart Bypass Surgery (CABG)||Rs.182040 to Rs.242720|
|Aortic Valve Replacement||Rs.324120 to Rs.432160|
|Mitral Valve Replacement||Rs.275280 to Rs.367040|
|Heart Bypass - Minimally Invasive CABG||Rs.177600 to Rs.236800|
|Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Treatment||Rs.146520 to Rs.195360|
|ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) Closure||Rs.217560 to Rs.290080|
|Bentall procedure||Rs.313020 to Rs.417360|
|Heart Transplant||Rs.2220000 to Rs.2960000|
|VSD Closure (Adult) Surgery||Rs.217560 to Rs.290080|
|LVAD||Rs.199800 to Rs.266400|
|AICD||Rs.621600 to Rs.828800|
|PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Double Chamber||Rs.244200 to Rs.325600|
|TAVI||Rs.368520 to Rs.491360|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Heart Surgery in IndiaFilter
Showing 198 Hospitals and doctors for Heart Surgery in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
The hospital falls in the category of the top cardiology hospitals in India holding an unmatched record of 1,52,000 cardiac surgeries
As many as 100 advanced and basic procedures are carried out every day including echo, stress echo, vascular doppler studies, and TMT.
95% of surgeries are beating heart surgeries, thus offering fast recovery and least damage.
The team is expert in handling complicated cases related to Coronary artery bypass surgery, Neonatal heart surgery or Valvular heart disease.
Apollo is the pioneer in Coronary Artery Stenting and LASER angioplasty since 2002.
The cardiac surgeons are experts in advanced techniques like Percutaneous Transluminal Septal Myocardial Ablation.
Apollo has an overall success rate of 98% including emergency cases and repair of complex congenital defects.
Has Well-equipped third-generation cath labs, critical care, and intensive care units.
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
The hospital was awarded as the best cardiology hospital in India by Consumer Department.
It has treated more than 70,000 patients in the last 22 years.
The cardiac unit was the first to introduce Asia’s first operational fluid management technologies.
The hospital has attributed in doing India’s first,
Trans-Catheter aortic-valve Implantation (TAVI) procedure
Subcutaneous Defibrillator implantation (S-ICD) procedure
c. Pacemaker implanted via Bundle Pacing
It was also the first in Asia to introduce minimal access surgery, and robotic surgery to treat heart disease.
There are specialty clinics such as ICD clinic, pacemaker clinic, and heart failure clinic.
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
The hospital is counted amongst the top 10 cardiology hospitals in India as it was the first one to introduce MitraClip, a cutting-edge technology in cardiology.
It was also the first hospital to do India’s first successful Trans-catheter mitral valve replacement.
99.6% of the cardiac bypass surgeries are beating heart surgeries, in which the heart-lung machine is not used, thus providing faster recovery and lesser damage to the body.
The center is armed with state of art equipment for accurate diagnosis, which includes, 320 slice CT Scanner, 64 slice CT angiography, transesophageal echocardiography etc.
It has a record of doing about 1,52,000 cardiac surgeries, which is the highest in entire south-east Asia.
A distinct section is established for pediatric patients, which has treated thousands of cases especially congenital heart diseases and cardiac surgeries.
The team of the best cardiologists in India has performed over 85,000 angiographies and more than 50,000 coronary angioplasties.
Dr. M Sitaram, one of the best cardiologists in India, is working with the hospital for the last 18 years. He has also worked for the Indian Army.
Doctors for Heart Surgery in India
Cardiac SurgeonDirector, 32 years of experience
- Dr Y K Mishra is one of the renowned & most experienced cardiac surgeons in India.
- With an experience of over 32 years, he is widely recognised & has successfully performed over 14,000 open heart surgeries, & more than 500 robotic surgeries.
- In addition to his clinical work, he also has a keen interest in training, education &research work & has been invited as a guest lecturer from all around the world.
- He has also chaired scientific sessions in national and international conferences held in USA, UK, China, Italy, Japan, France and Far East Countries.
- He has conducted live cases at his workshops held in Thailand, Bangladesh and Nepal.
- He has completed his masters in Surgery and MBBS from the prestigious S. S Medical College, Rewa (MP).Following which he did his PHD in Cardiovascular Surgery from Bakulev Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery, Moscow, Russia.
- Dr Mishra completed his fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery from Thoracic Centre, University Hospital Uppsala, Sweden. He has done a training in:
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery from Odessa,Texas,USA, University Hospital Utrecht ,Netherland,Ohio State University Columbus Medical Centre,USA
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery from Odessa Texas,USA
- Special course in Endoscopic IMA harvesting Institute of Tele Surgery from University of Strasbourge, France.
- Minimally Access Valve Surgery ( Heart Post Surgery or Key hole surgery ) from Heart Port Research & Training Centre in Salt Lake City , Utah ,USA.
- Dr Mishra has an exclusiveness of being on the Board of Directors of International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery. He is the 4th Asian to be honoured and Second Indian to hold this distinction
- He has received Lifetime Achievement Award by Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam & Honoris Causa Doctorate (Doctor of Science) conferred by Governor of Madhya Pradesh and Chancellor of Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya.
- He is the Founder Member of Indian College of Cardiology & also the Fellow Member of Association Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgeons of India.
- He is the also the founder of Payasuni Heart valve Foundation for prevention and treatment of rheumatic heart diseases.
- He has his expertise in minimally invasive cardiac surgery Robotic surgery, beating heart coronary artery bypass, aortic surgery.
Cost of consultation for Heart Surgery with Dr Y K Mishra starts from INR 1100.
Cardiac SurgeonChairman, 36 years of experience
- Dr. Ajay Kaul is one of the most recognized Cardiothoracic Surgeons in India
- With an experience of 36+ years, he has performed over 10,000 Cardiac Surgeries and 4000 Total Arterial Coronary Bypass Surgeries.
- He has also performed a large number of over 4000 minimally invasive cardiac surgical procedures.
- He pursued his Master's degree in Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery from Bombay University.
- Dr. Kaul is one of the finest surgeons in the department of cardiac surgery and also performs cardiac transplantation.
- He also holds Fellowships in Cardiac Surgery, Cardiac Transplant & Minimally Invasive Surgery from eminent Institutes like Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (Germany), Royal Melbourne Children's Hospital (Melbourne), and Hannover Medical School (Germany), Leipzig Cardiac Centre (Germany).
- Dr. Kaul is a versatile surgeon who has a vast surgical experience in total Arterial coronary bypass surgery, Paediatric cardiac bypass surgery, valve repairs, Surgery for aneurysms, cardiothoracic surgery, and Surgery for cardiac failure.
- He is also well-trained for heart transplants, heart surgeries, and ventricular assist devices.
- He is an active member of organizations like the Cardiological Society of India and the Association of Cardiothoracic Surgery of India.
- Dr. Kaul has appeared in various noteworthy news media like ET Healthworld, NDTV.
Cost of consultation for Heart Surgery with Dr. Ajay Kaul starts from INR 1600.
Cardiac SurgeonChairman, 40 years of experience
- Dr. Naresh Trehan is one of India's most successful Cardiovascular and Cardiothoracic Surgeons with experience of over 40 years
- Dr. Naresh has performed over 48000 cardiac surgeries.
- He is the founder of the Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre.
- Dr. Trehan's expertise lies in cardiothoracic surgeries like Cardiomyoplasty, myocardial total arterial revascularization, transmyocardial laser revascularization, Reduction ventriculoplasty (Batista Operation), Heart port access surgery, aortic valve surgery, and robotically-assisted cardiac surgery.
- Dr. Trehan also specializes in Cardiovascular diseases and Cardiothoracic surgery like thoracic surgeries including chest wall defects, heart attacks, heart failure, video-assisted minimally invasive cardiac surgeries, heart disease, lung cancer, etc.
- For his Medical school, Dr. Naresh went to King George's Medical University, Lucknow in 1968, followed by doing Diploma studies in cardiothoracic surgeries from the American Board of Surgery, USA.
- He also acquired a Fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2002.
- Served as personal surgeon to the President of India since 1991.
- Dr. Naresh Trehan was awarded the Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan Award, Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award, and many more prestigious awards.
- Former president of International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (ISMICS), USA, and member of prestigious organizations like Society of Thoracic Surgeons of the USA and The European Association for Cardio-thoracic Surgery, to name a few.
Cost of consultation for Heart Surgery with Dr. Naresh Trehan starts from INR 1500.
How much does Heart Surgery cost in different cities in India?
The price for Heart Surgery in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.168831 to Rs.264069
- Gurgaon: Rs.173160 to Rs.259740
- Noida: Rs.162338 to Rs.270563
- Chennai: Rs.173160 to Rs.248918
- Mumbai: Rs.177489 to Rs.264069
- Bangalore: Rs.168831 to Rs.255411
- Kolkata: Rs.162338 to Rs.244589
- Jaipur: Rs.151515 to Rs.242424
- Mohali: Rs.155844 to Rs.367965
- Ahmedabad: Rs.145022 to Rs.240260
- Hyderabad: Rs.166667 to Rs.253247
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Heart Surgery
More searches related to Heart Surgery
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Heart Surgery in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Heart Surgery in other countries compared to India is:
- Turkey, USD 13600 to USD 20400, approximately 278% higher than India
- Thailand, USD 12000 to USD 18000, approximately 233% higher than India
- Germany, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 456% higher than India
- Malaysia, USD 7200 to USD 10800, approximately 100% higher than India