Haplo Bone Marrow Transplant Cost In South KoreaChat
What is Haplo Bone Marrow Transplant?
Haplo Bone Marrow Transplant is a surgical procedure in which either a half/fully HLA matched donor or sibling donates healthy blood cells to replace the diseased ones.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In Haplo Bone Marrow Transplant, the surgical process takes place after the chemotherapy session is done. The process is quite similar to blood transfusion in which healthy blood cells from a donor are delivered into the bloodstream.
Who is the Right Doctor for Haplo Bone Marrow Transplant?
Altogether, Hematologists perform Haplo Bone Marrow Transplant.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate of Haplo Bone Marrow Transplant differs in accordance with the type of donor which is 70-90 percent in case of a matched sibling donor and 36 to 65 percent with unrelated donors.
Thyroid, fatigue, numbness, bone pain, increased risk of cancers are some of the possible long term side-effects associated with Haplo Bone Marrow Transplant.
Top hospitals and doctors for Haplo Bone Marrow Transplant in South KoreaFilter
Showing 29 Hospitals and doctors for Haplo Bone Marrow Transplant in South Korea
- Inje University–Haeundae Paik Hospital is a super-specialty hospital that was opened to public in 2010 and is equipped with the most advanced equipment and latest medical technologies. In its first year of commencement, the hospital made significant progress, in that it carried out the first kidney transplant operation, carried out the first robotic surgery, opened a thyroid center and a Gamma Knife center. In 2014, it carried out Radiation Oncology Truebeam Operation. It also opened a nursing care ward in 2017, followed by the expansion of bronchoscopy room in 2018.
- In 2012, it was designated as an excellent hospital for tuberculosis control in Busan.
- The hospital has 44 departments, 15 special centers and clinics to offer treatments for various medical conditions. As of 2010, the bed capacity was +1,000.
- The hospital provides a one-stop service in specialised services for organ transplantation center, shock trauma center and robot surgical center.
- Some of the high-tech equipment in the hospital are 3-D movement analysis system, Radiation therapy equipment and the Da Vinci surgical system.
- The hospital is located in a cosmopolitan area and is fitted with a curtain wall and an individual heating system. The hospital is so designed as to incorporate plenty of nature's beauty into it. It is the first hospital in the world to have an entire floor of alkaline seaside hot springs. This makes the hospital stay for a patient truly salubrious.
- The hospital's International Health Care Center was set up to make healthcare available to even non-Koreans. The center has onboard doctors and nurses who are fluent in various foreign languages. The center considers international patients with Korean Health Insurance and accepts most foreign health insurance.
- Kosin University – Gospel Hospital (KUGH) is a super-specialty tertiary hospital established in 1951 for war-ravaged impoverished civilians with a rich legacy of 65 years.
- The hospital has 40 departments and 15 special centers and clinics offering treatments for multiple advanced medical conditions.
- Kosin University – Gospel Hospital's infrastructure comprises around 1,000 beds and a highly experienced staff of 1,600 professionals including 250 medical professors.
- Some of its latest medical equipments include Oncothermia, PET-CT, X-Knife, 3.0T MRI and Computed Tomography (CT).
- The hospital's International Health Center including Health Promotion Center is dedicated towards providing personalised medical care for foreigners. The center especially caters to patients speaking English, Russian and Mongolian. The center has inpatient and outpatient departments.
- The hospital also runs a Health Promotion Center to give systematic health management treatments and services.
- The hospital offers a comfortable and pleasant stay to all its patients.
Severance hospital is a division within of Yonsei University Health System.
There are approximately 7,000 employees throughout the Health System (including ~ 2000 physicians and ~5000 support personnel).
The hospitals have more than 3700 beds and treat ~ 3 million outpatients and 1 million inpatients annually.
The total lot size is 77 acres with a building size of 640,538ft².
The institute enables state-of-the-art medical treatments throughout majority of clinical specialties with its 5 Specialized Hospitals housing 67 clinical departments, 27 specialty centers, 16 cancer clinics, and a Dental Hospital.
Severance Hospital is South Korea's first hospital to introduce robotic surgical system.
The hospital has an excellent record of exceeding 16,000 cases of robotic surgery
The center offers very specialized robotic surgical training for surgeons around the world including the USA. Till date, more than 1,000 surgeons from 28 different countries have got hands-on surgical training on the same.
Severance Hospital received the prestigious accreditation by the Joint Commission International in 2007 and thereby became the first Korean medical institution to have done so.
The hospital offers language support in English, Chinese, and Japanese languages.
Doctors for Haplo Bone Marrow Transplant in South Korea
HematologistProfessor, 15 years of experience
- Prof. Chung Joo Seop is a Hematologist with +15 years of experience in performing Bone Marrow Transplants and treating other blood disorders.
- Prof. Seop holds professional Life membership of the Korean Cancer Society and is a member of the Korean Blood Society. He is also the Director of the Korean Society for Hematopoietic Stem Cells and a Steering Committe Member of the Korean Society of Internal Medicine, Hematology and Oncology.
- He holds memberships of the American Society of Clinical Cancer, American Blood Society, European Society of Internal Medicine and Oncology and the European Blood Society.
- Prof. Seop is a graduate of the Pusan National University College of Medicine. He earned a Ph.D in Internal Science from the Pusan National University.
- Prof. Seop is a Bone Marrow Transplant specialist, with medical expertise to treat lymphoma, leukemia and immunotherapy.
- He has to his credit, the contribution of scholarly researched articles.
HematologistProfessor, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Kyunghee Lee is a well-known Hematologist-Oncologist in Daegu, South Korea with experience of over 35+ years.
- He is a member of the Korean Cancer Society, the Korean Society of Hematology, the World Gastric Cancer Society, the American Cancer Basic Research Society (AACR), the Korean Hospice Society, the Korean Cancer Society, and the Korean Cancer Research Foundation.
- He completed his graduation from the Yeungnam University Medical School Korea in 1986 and later received his M.S. degree from the same university in 1989.
- He also pursued his Ph.D. from Kyungpook University Medical School Korea in 1997 for further expertise in the field.
- His main clinical interests include Hematology oncology, cancer metastasis research, solid cancer (stomach cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, etc.) chemotherapy, Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, Aplastic Anemia, geriatric oncology, and early-phase clinical trials of breast cancer, etc.
- Dr. Lee has written numerous research papers for national and international journals.
HematologistConsultant, 36 years of experience
- Dr. Shin Sang-Won is a Hematologist-Oncologist in Seoul, South Korea with experience of over 36+ years.
- He is a board member of the Korea Hospice Palliative Care Society and the Korea Cancer Society.
- He received his M.D. degree from Korea University College of Medicine in 1984 and later completed his Ph.D. degree from the same university in 1994.
- His main research interests include Head and Neck Cancer, geriatric oncology, and early-phase clinical trials of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, and hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Dr. Shin has written many research papers for national and international journals.
Haplo Bone Marrow Transplant Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Hematologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals