Gynecomastia Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Gynecomastia?
Boosting of breasts in men by both diet and exercise and with increasing weight due to hormones is called gynecomastia. Gynecomastia may be observed in men at puberty and at increasing age. Gynecomastia surgery reduces breast size in men (caused due to hormonal imbalance or heredity), flattening and enhancing the chest contours.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gynecomastia?
The cosmetic and aesthetic surgeons specializing in gynecomastia perform this procedure.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The procedure involves liposuction and surgical removal of fat and glandular tissue. Gynecomastia surgery may be performed under local or general anesthesia. Your type of anesthesia is determined by considering your age and the size of your breasts. The surgery lasts approximately 1-1.5 hours. Incisions are made near the pigmented areas of the nipple, so scars are well hidden after the surgery. After the surgery, you may be discharged on the same afternoon of the surgery day or the next day.
You’ll be given a compression garment to help reduce swelling. Your scars, while permanent, will fade over time and will be as unobstructed as possible. Recovery time takes about 1-2 weeks. You may take a bath after 2-3 days and return to your social life.
The cost of Gynecomastia procedure includes:
- Diagnostic tests, including blood tests, mammography, USG scans, etc.
- Cost of procedure (The cost of bilateral gynecomastia surgery is higher than that of unilateral gynecomastia)
- Cost of contouring or sculpting techniques
- The follow-up consultation and physiotherapy
- Hospital stay (usually two days)
- Cost of medications
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Any underlying condition like
- The severity of the patient's condition or the size and amount of fat removed
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, twin sharing, or single room)
- Any additional tests, if required
- An extended stay at the hospital, if required
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Gynecomastia
Before and after Gynecomastia treatment.
What leads to Gynecomastia?
Steps in Gynecomastia Surgery.
Treatment of Gynecomastia.
Top hospitals and doctors for Gynecomastia in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 22 Hospitals and doctors for Gynecomastia in United Arab Emirates
Fakeeh University Hospital, Dubai
- Fakeeh University Hospital is a multi-speciality hospital launched in 2018 by the Fakeeh Care Group, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- The hospital is a leading choice when it comes to primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare for patients that offers treatments across +20 specialities.
- Fakeeh University Hospital is a Smart Hospital, fully equipped with cutting-edge technology and smart systems to meet the unique needs of the hospital and patients. The hospital has fully integrated electronic medical records, supports improvements to the quality and efficiency of healthcare services for patients and the general public. It also uses integrated virtual, home and hospital visit for patient convenience and care.
- The hospital is constructed over 1 million square feet area and has a capacity of 350 beds, 35 adult ICU beds, 10 Pediatric ICU beds, 15 NICU beds and the largest emergency department in the private sector spread across 35,000 square feet.
- The hospital can handle a capacity of 7,00,000 patients a year.
- Some of the other facilities at the hospital include, 24* 7 Emergency Care, Cath Lab, Inpatient Services Facilities, Intensive Care Unit, Laboratory Pharmacy and Outpatient Services Facilities. Some of its specialised medical services, the hospital now offers, Occupational Health Screenings, COVID-19 Screening Patient Focused Clinics, FUH Life and FUH Life.
- The hospital uses innovative diagnostic technology, advanced data-assisted and automated medication dispensing systems, which combined with leading medical expertise, makes patient diagnoses and care precise and efficient.
- The medical professionals at Fakeeh University Hospital are highly experienced with advanced medical knowledge. The medical staff is also skilled, congenial, empathic and truly concerned about patients.
- The hospital building is planned as a 100% green building structure with ample green spaces, water bodies and natural light. It is promoted as a completely smoke-free healthcare facility.
- The interiors are pleasing and aesthetically done.
- The premises are spotlessly clean.
- Fakeeh University Hospital is also a teaching hospital set up to provide world-class medical education and also to enable the recovery of patients by bringing the outcomes of advanced research to them.
- The hospital will be a benchmark to foster ties for medical collaboration and international affiliations. It will combine medical education with evidence-based medicine in a modern environment.
Burjeel Medical City, Abu Dhabi
- Established in 2017, Burjeel Medical City is the largest tertiary care facility in the heart of Mohamed Bin Zayed City.
- Developed under VPS Healthcare, the hospital offers world-class healthcare facilities in Medical Oncology, Gynecology, Haematology, Palliative Care, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Radiology, and other medical departments.
- The hospital’s main building comprises one basement floor, ground floor, four podiums, four towers with seven floors each, and a helipad for patient transport.
Doctors for Gynecomastia in United Arab Emirates
Aesthetics and Plastic SurgeonPrincipal Consultant, 28 years of experience
- Dr. Mohan Rangaswamy is a well-known name in the field of Plastic surgery with extensive 28+ years of experience.
- His area of clinical expertise lies in post-burn deformities, correction of birth defects, correction of defects due to cancer treatment, coverage of exposed bone in orthopedic cases, difficult hernias, and nerve problems.
- His other areas of special interest in cosmetic surgery deal with rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, breast surgery, body contouring, fat grafting, and body lifts after massive weight loss. He also offers the full spectrum of procedures for female genital rejuvenation both aesthetic and reconstructive [after bad damage in deliveries.
- Dr. Mohan has worked earlier in Dubai Healthcare City, Rotary Cancer Hospital, SQ University hospital, Oman and has a fellowship at the Royal College in Glasgow, UK.
- The surgeon is a member of ISAPS, ASPS (USA), APSI (India), AO-SMF (Swiss), ISSH (hand) & EPSS (UAE).
- Moreover, he has published in several international journals and has presented in over 70 professional meetings.
Cosmetic SurgeonSenior Consultant, 27 years of experience
- With 27+ years of experience, Dr. Ibrahim Abi Abdallah is the most renowned Cosmetic Surgeon in UAE.
- Dr. Ibrahim specializes in Tummy Tuck & Mommy Makeover, Rhinoplasty, Facelift, Liposculpture & Brazilian Butt lift, Breast Augmentation & Lift and Buttock Augmentation with Implants.
- He is a member of the Lebanese Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (LSPRAS) and the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).He Dr. Ibrahim has several international publications, essays, and presentations to her name.
- He has an MD from the prestigious college of Montpellier, France.
- Dr. Ibrahim is well-versed in Arabic, French and English.
Cosmetic SurgeonSenior Consultant, 30 years of experience
- Dr Kamal Hussein Saleh is an Internationally board-certified Cosmetic Surgeon with over 30 years of expertise.
- His areas of expertise includes Body contouring & liposuction, Breast augmentation, Gynaecomastia, Tummy tuck & body lifting, Rhinoplasty & septoplasty, Blepharoplasty, Hair transplant, botox, fillers, mesotherapy & different laser treatments.
- He is a member of the Iraqi Medical Association, the International Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the Iraqi Association of Plastic surgeons, the Pan Arabic Association of Plastic Surgeons, the National Arab-American Medical Association and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr Kamal Hussein Saleh graduated from the University of Baghdad, Iraq with an MBBS (1985).
- He obtained Iraqi board certification in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery from Iraqi Commission of Medical Specializations (FICMS).
- He attained Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine from American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine.
- He has a Fellowship of American College of Surgeons FACS).
- Dr Kamal Hussein Saleh holds a Membership of Royal college of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow-UK.
Gynecomastia Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Gynecomastia - Most Frequently Asked Questions
In the initial phase, the chest area will be kept bandaged in order to prevent any form of post-operative infection which has been seen to occur quite often. Patients undergo this surgical procedure to remove the adipose tissue (fat) to get a flatter appearance.
People who do not have a budget for a Gynecomastia surgery can look for alternatives like Breast reduction topical cream and breast reduction pills designed for men.
Generally, gynecomastia surgery affords patients with long lasting results but in some cases, gynecomastia may return.
Usually, the doctor gives 1 cm of incisions under the armpit so there are no visible scars on the chest.
Some of the things that you will have to take care of are: Quitting nicotine use or smoking as it can delay or impair the healing process. Stopping the usage of medications having blood thinners and aspiring-containing products two weeks before the surgery. Informing the doctor about any illness, skin infection, or cold you have developed a week before the surgery. Take off from your work for at least two weeks if the job profile is labour intensive. Tend to all your household chores before the surgery to avoid dealing with them after your surgery when you require care and rest. If you remove your chest hair routinely, avoid doing so two weeks before the surgery and for about six weeks after the procedure is over.
The procedure will take about an hour or two but sometimes it is longer than that. You will be administered medications for your comfort before you undergo the procedure. General anesthesia is also common along with intravenous sedation and local anesthesia at times. You will be shifted to the recovery area after your surgery is over for keeping you under close observation.
Gynecomastia is derived from the Greek words gyne, meaning woman, and mastos, meaning breast. Gynecomastia is a synonym, and gynaecomastia is an obsolete term.
Hormone imbalance between the sex hormones estrogen and testosterone is the main cause of Gynecomastia. As estrogen (female hormone) hormone cause development of breast tissue while testosterone (male hormone) suppress the growth of breast tissue. When the level of estrogen hormone increases growth of breast tissue occurs in males. Obesity, steroids, certain medicines, hyperthyroidism are some other causes of Gynecomastia.
Gynecomastia is not a serious problem but it can be a tough condition to deal with. Men or boy having Gynecomastia have to face lots of embrassement due to their enlarged breast.
Gynecomastia doesn’t go away in all cases in some case when the boy is in puberty stage then it can subside when he reaches adolescence stage because of the hormonal level.
The Gynecomastia or man boobs consists of two main components
- Glandular tissue – which is firm and dense.
- Fatty tissue – which is soft.
The symptoms of Gynecomastia are:
- The breast gland tissue swells and become tender
- Diameter of areola increases and chest becomes symmetrical
Men in good health who have large breasts that are not caused by side effects from medication are good candidates for Gynecomastia reduction. You should have reached a stable weight and your breast development should have stabilized.Men in good health who have large breasts that are not caused by side effects from medication are good candidates for Gynecomastia reduction. You should have reached a stable weight and your breast development should have stabilized.
Gynecomastia mainly occurs due to the hormonal imbalances between the levels of estrogen and the testosterone hormone. The level of estrogen hormone increases in men mainly at the time of puberty.
During the Gynecomastia - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It takes around 45 minutes to one hour to do the surgery.
Gynecomastia surgery is being done by an experienced plastic or cosmetic surgeon.
Gynecomastia surgery is done under local or general anaesthesia under the following steps
- In Gynecomastia surgery first marking is done from where all the abudance fat and glandular breast tissue are to be removed.
- After that anaesthesia is administered this can be either local or general. The choice of anaesthesia depends on some factors such as type and grade of Gynecomastia, obesity, underlying medical conditions.
- Very small incision is being made near nipple areolar region and VASER probe is being inserted for breaking fat and fibrous tissue. Fat and fibrous tissue are broken and by ultrasonic cavitations and a proper contour of the whole chest is given.
- When no fat is seen to be coming out from the area then suction is being stopped.
- The extra glandular breast tissue is being removed by enlarging incision. After the surgery only a small scar is visible which gradually goes away with time.
The traditional technique for Gynecomastia uses an incision around the areola to open the skin and remove the underlying breast gland tissue. This procedure is designed to remove mostly breast gland tissue and a little amount of fat. It gives a big scar, more side effects; require hospital admission and long recovery period.
- Marking of pectoral muscles and glandular tissue and boundary of fat deposition for complete chest reshaping.
- Tumescent solution infiltration with lignocaine and adrenalin solution.
- emulsification of stubborn fat.
- Sculption of puffy nipple area, surrounding area and axillary region to give proper athletic male chest shape.
- Periareolar excision of excessive glandular tissue. This will give complete sculpation to entire chest and reduce any chance of reoccurrence.
- Total sculption of chest and complete removal of glandular tissue
After Gynecomastia - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The results aim to be permanent if you maintain stable body weight. If the condition was as a result of anabolic steroids or other medications, using them again can bring back the previous condition.
The severity of the condition will decide the recovery time. In most cases when a combination of excision and liposuction is used, the patients are able to go back to work after a week. The recovery period is relatively gentle in this case. Though, it is extremely important for the patient to follow the instructions laid down by the doctor after the surgery is over to avoid any serious forms of complications.
Yes, it is necessary that you go for a follow up as the doctor would check that the surgery has brought in the necessary results. Even, it is important to verify that there are no major complications. The first follow-up usually takes place after a week of the surgery. The sutures will also be removed during that time.
There is NOT much swelling. Patients are generally very happy with the overall outcome as they experience more self-confidence.
It will be ideal to wear the pressure garment for 6-10 weeks. This helps reduce the sagging of the skin.
After surgery, a small dressing is done over the chest and pressure garment is applied to minimize swelling and support your new chest contour as it heals. Some of the precautions which you have to take following your Gynecomastia surgery are
- You can take bath next day after the procedure and after that no dressing is applied. The sutures will be removed around 10 to 14 days.
- You will be prescribed 7 days course of antibiotics and analgesics after the procedure.
- You can resume normal activity once you are comfortable to do movements. Mostly 1 or 2 days rest is enough to recover.
- You can start exercise after 1 or 2 weeks once you are comfortable.
- You have to avoid driving for first 24 hrs and if possible accompany a person with you.
After the surgery there will be small scar which will be not at all visible. The scar will heal within 6 months and after that they will not at all visible. Within a month after surgery you will start seeing the change in shape and reduction in breast size.
The procedure is completely safe and there are no chance of coming back again .The side effects after the gynecomastia procedure include
- Bruising at some part of the chest
- Pain and Discomfort
These are temporary and will resolve within 7 to 10 days after the procedure. To reduce these side effects you have to wear compression garments for first 2 months.
Yes the final result will appeared after 3 months. The improvement in shape and size will be noticeable around 1 month time and thereafter the improvement continues.
Follow up will be done on 3rd day and 2 weeks time. Final results will take around 1 to 3 month once the swelling and hardness subsides.
After the completion of Gynecomastia reduction surgery some swelling, discomfort, pain and bruising is expected. You will have some discomfort, which can be controlled by the pain killers, antibiotics and other swelling reducing tablets .after procedure you need to wear a customized compression garments for 2 month which will help to reduce swelling, as well as compress the skin to the new body contour.
The gynecomastia procedure results are seen immediately, but due to swelling the final results will take time. The final results will take one to 3 months time once the swelling get subsides completely. Most of the patients can return to their normal routine work in 2-3 days time.
Light exercise can begin after 1 week, with full exercise and activity returning in about two weeks time. Swelling and bruising are common, but will subside over a period of first two weeks. There will be stiffness, hardness and numbness which will resolve gradually over a period of tow to 4 weeks.
You need to get certain blood test before you schedule your procedure .these are HEMOGRAM, PT APTT, BLOOD SUGAR, HIV and HBSAG, renal function .once you get your test reports you can mail those reports and after paying advance deposit we will give you the available date for your procedure.
Generally, Gynecomastia surgery takes 1-2 hours and after 4 to 5 hour under observation, you will be discharged on the same day.
The temporary side effects are pain, discomfort, bruises, and numbness for few days. Sometimes seroma or hematoma can occur which is easily we do everything we can to minimize the risks associated with surgery.
Gynecomastia surgery cost includes Surgeon’s fee, OT Charges, Room charges, Anesthesia fees, Compression garment, Surgical disposable follow up charges.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals