Gynecomastia Cost In GermanyChat
What is Gynecomastia?
Boosting of breasts in men by both diet and exercise and with increasing weight due to hormones is called gynecomastia. Gynecomastia may be observed in men at puberty and at increasing age. Gynecomastia surgery reduces breast size in men (caused due to hormonal imbalance or heredity), flattening and enhancing the chest contours.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gynecomastia?
The cosmetic and aesthetic surgeons specializing in gynecomastia perform this procedure.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The procedure involves liposuction and surgical removal of fat and glandular tissue. Gynecomastia surgery may be performed under local or general anesthesia. Your type of anesthesia is determined by considering your age and the size of your breasts. The surgery lasts approximately 1-1.5 hours. Incisions are made near the pigmented areas of the nipple, so scars are well hidden after the surgery. After the surgery, you may be discharged on the same afternoon of the surgery day or the next day.
You’ll be given a compression garment to help reduce swelling. Your scars, while permanent, will fade over time and will be as unobstructed as possible. Recovery time takes about 1-2 weeks. You may take a bath after 2-3 days and return to your social life.
The cost of Gynecomastia procedure includes:
- Diagnostic tests, including blood tests, mammography, USG scans, etc.
- Cost of procedure (The cost of bilateral gynecomastia surgery is higher than that of unilateral gynecomastia)
- Cost of contouring or sculpting techniques
- The follow-up consultation and physiotherapy
- Hospital stay (usually two days)
- Cost of medications
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Any underlying condition like
- The severity of the patient's condition or the size and amount of fat removed
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, twin sharing, or single room)
- Any additional tests, if required
- An extended stay at the hospital, if required
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Gynecomastia in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Gynecomastia Treatment||USD 3780 to USD 4620|
|Breast Reduction||USD 5400 to USD 6600|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Gynecomastia
Before and after Gynecomastia treatment.
What leads to Gynecomastia?
Steps in Gynecomastia Surgery.
Treatment of Gynecomastia.
Top hospitals and doctors for Gynecomastia in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Gynecomastia in Germany
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
St. Hedwig Hospital, Berlin
- The St. Hedwig Hospital (SHK), located on in Berlin was founded in 1846, making it one of the capital's oldest large hospitals in the country.
- The hospital has delivered core medical services to Berlin for over 150 years and is a part of the Alexianer Network.
- In 2017, it was ranked as one of Germany’s top 396 hospitals in the Focus news magazine.
- The hospital is a part of Charité University Medicine, Berlin, and acts as a teaching hospital for many aspiring German students.
- In 2008 the hospital was awarded the certificate of “Committed to Excellence EFCOM” and also recieved the seal of “Top Regional Hospital 2016” in Germany's largest hospital comparison.
- St. Hedwig Hospital is wheelchair-friendly access to all and patients without hearing or language skills can get support from the sign language interpreter available.
- Moreover, interpreter services are available for all non-native speakers if required along with foreign-speaking staff.
- Several books have been written about the rich history of the hospital such as Eva Brinkschulte, Thomas Knuth (Ed.): The medical Berlin; Axel Hinrich Murken, Sylvia Thomas (ed.): Blessed the merciful. 150 years of St. Hedwig Hospital (in Berlin), etc.
Doctors for Gynecomastia in Germany
Prof. Dr. Steffen U. Eisenhardt
Cosmetic SurgeonSenior Consultant, 15 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Steffen U. Eisenhardt is a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon with more than 15 years of experience.
- He is a member of the German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (DGPRÄC), Society for Microcirculation and Vascular Biology (GfMVB), and European Plastic Surgery Research Council.
- He studied human medicine at the Albert-Ludwigs University of Freiburg with study visits to Durban/South Africa, Perth/Australia and Montréal/Canada and Switzerland.
- He also has a Doctorate in the Department of Cardiology and Angiology at the University Clinic Freiburg on the production of activity-specific antibodies for therapeutic and diagnostic use (2007).
- He specializes in Reconstructive Microsurgery, Hand Surgery, Head and Neck Reconstruction, Aesthetic Surgery, Breast reduction, Breast augmentation, Breast lift, Forehead lift, etc.
- He has received various awards for his dedication in the field and has nearly 50+ articles in international and national journals.
Prof. Dr. Med. Hans Gunther Machens
Cosmetic SurgeonHead of Department, 30 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Hans Gunther Machens is a plastic surgeon with 30+ years of experience.
- His clinical interest includes breast augmentation, breast reduction, liposuction, eyelid lift, facelift, abdominoplasty, lip augmentation, neck lift, ear reshaping and nose reshaping.
- He has won many awards, including the Heinz Maier Leibnitz Medal of TUM, Brettschneider Prize, British Association of Plastic Surgeons Science Award and Science Award of the DAH.
- Dr. Machens did graduation followed by post-graduation from University Hospital Heidelberg.
- He is one of the founders of the “Tissue Engineering” competence centre in Lübeck.
- He is a director of various German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) projects.
Gynecomastia Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Gynecomastia - Most Frequently Asked Questions
In the initial phase, the chest area will be kept bandaged in order to prevent any form of post-operative infection which has been seen to occur quite often. Patients undergo this surgical procedure to remove the adipose tissue (fat) to get a flatter appearance.
People who do not have a budget for a Gynecomastia surgery can look for alternatives like Breast reduction topical cream and breast reduction pills designed for men.
Generally, gynecomastia surgery affords patients with long lasting results but in some cases, gynecomastia may return.
Usually, the doctor gives 1 cm of incisions under the armpit so there are no visible scars on the chest.
Some of the things that you will have to take care of are: Quitting nicotine use or smoking as it can delay or impair the healing process. Stopping the usage of medications having blood thinners and aspiring-containing products two weeks before the surgery. Informing the doctor about any illness, skin infection, or cold you have developed a week before the surgery. Take off from your work for at least two weeks if the job profile is labour intensive. Tend to all your household chores before the surgery to avoid dealing with them after your surgery when you require care and rest. If you remove your chest hair routinely, avoid doing so two weeks before the surgery and for about six weeks after the procedure is over.
The procedure will take about an hour or two but sometimes it is longer than that. You will be administered medications for your comfort before you undergo the procedure. General anesthesia is also common along with intravenous sedation and local anesthesia at times. You will be shifted to the recovery area after your surgery is over for keeping you under close observation.
Gynecomastia is derived from the Greek words gyne, meaning woman, and mastos, meaning breast. Gynecomastia is a synonym, and gynaecomastia is an obsolete term.
Hormone imbalance between the sex hormones estrogen and testosterone is the main cause of Gynecomastia. As estrogen (female hormone) hormone cause development of breast tissue while testosterone (male hormone) suppress the growth of breast tissue. When the level of estrogen hormone increases growth of breast tissue occurs in males. Obesity, steroids, certain medicines, hyperthyroidism are some other causes of Gynecomastia.
Gynecomastia is not a serious problem but it can be a tough condition to deal with. Men or boy having Gynecomastia have to face lots of embrassement due to their enlarged breast.
Gynecomastia doesn’t go away in all cases in some case when the boy is in puberty stage then it can subside when he reaches adolescence stage because of the hormonal level.
The Gynecomastia or man boobs consists of two main components
- Glandular tissue – which is firm and dense.
- Fatty tissue – which is soft.
The symptoms of Gynecomastia are:
- The breast gland tissue swells and become tender
- Diameter of areola increases and chest becomes symmetrical
Men in good health who have large breasts that are not caused by side effects from medication are good candidates for Gynecomastia reduction. You should have reached a stable weight and your breast development should have stabilized.Men in good health who have large breasts that are not caused by side effects from medication are good candidates for Gynecomastia reduction. You should have reached a stable weight and your breast development should have stabilized.
Gynecomastia mainly occurs due to the hormonal imbalances between the levels of estrogen and the testosterone hormone. The level of estrogen hormone increases in men mainly at the time of puberty.
During the Gynecomastia - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It takes around 45 minutes to one hour to do the surgery.
Gynecomastia surgery is being done by an experienced plastic or cosmetic surgeon.
Gynecomastia surgery is done under local or general anaesthesia under the following steps
- In Gynecomastia surgery first marking is done from where all the abudance fat and glandular breast tissue are to be removed.
- After that anaesthesia is administered this can be either local or general. The choice of anaesthesia depends on some factors such as type and grade of Gynecomastia, obesity, underlying medical conditions.
- Very small incision is being made near nipple areolar region and VASER probe is being inserted for breaking fat and fibrous tissue. Fat and fibrous tissue are broken and by ultrasonic cavitations and a proper contour of the whole chest is given.
- When no fat is seen to be coming out from the area then suction is being stopped.
- The extra glandular breast tissue is being removed by enlarging incision. After the surgery only a small scar is visible which gradually goes away with time.
The traditional technique for Gynecomastia uses an incision around the areola to open the skin and remove the underlying breast gland tissue. This procedure is designed to remove mostly breast gland tissue and a little amount of fat. It gives a big scar, more side effects; require hospital admission and long recovery period.
- Marking of pectoral muscles and glandular tissue and boundary of fat deposition for complete chest reshaping.
- Tumescent solution infiltration with lignocaine and adrenalin solution.
- emulsification of stubborn fat.
- Sculption of puffy nipple area, surrounding area and axillary region to give proper athletic male chest shape.
- Periareolar excision of excessive glandular tissue. This will give complete sculpation to entire chest and reduce any chance of reoccurrence.
- Total sculption of chest and complete removal of glandular tissue
After Gynecomastia - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The results aim to be permanent if you maintain stable body weight. If the condition was as a result of anabolic steroids or other medications, using them again can bring back the previous condition.
The severity of the condition will decide the recovery time. In most cases when a combination of excision and liposuction is used, the patients are able to go back to work after a week. The recovery period is relatively gentle in this case. Though, it is extremely important for the patient to follow the instructions laid down by the doctor after the surgery is over to avoid any serious forms of complications.
Yes, it is necessary that you go for a follow up as the doctor would check that the surgery has brought in the necessary results. Even, it is important to verify that there are no major complications. The first follow-up usually takes place after a week of the surgery. The sutures will also be removed during that time.
There is NOT much swelling. Patients are generally very happy with the overall outcome as they experience more self-confidence.
It will be ideal to wear the pressure garment for 6-10 weeks. This helps reduce the sagging of the skin.
After surgery, a small dressing is done over the chest and pressure garment is applied to minimize swelling and support your new chest contour as it heals. Some of the precautions which you have to take following your Gynecomastia surgery are
- You can take bath next day after the procedure and after that no dressing is applied. The sutures will be removed around 10 to 14 days.
- You will be prescribed 7 days course of antibiotics and analgesics after the procedure.
- You can resume normal activity once you are comfortable to do movements. Mostly 1 or 2 days rest is enough to recover.
- You can start exercise after 1 or 2 weeks once you are comfortable.
- You have to avoid driving for first 24 hrs and if possible accompany a person with you.
After the surgery there will be small scar which will be not at all visible. The scar will heal within 6 months and after that they will not at all visible. Within a month after surgery you will start seeing the change in shape and reduction in breast size.
The procedure is completely safe and there are no chance of coming back again .The side effects after the gynecomastia procedure include
- Bruising at some part of the chest
- Pain and Discomfort
These are temporary and will resolve within 7 to 10 days after the procedure. To reduce these side effects you have to wear compression garments for first 2 months.
Yes the final result will appeared after 3 months. The improvement in shape and size will be noticeable around 1 month time and thereafter the improvement continues.
Follow up will be done on 3rd day and 2 weeks time. Final results will take around 1 to 3 month once the swelling and hardness subsides.
After the completion of Gynecomastia reduction surgery some swelling, discomfort, pain and bruising is expected. You will have some discomfort, which can be controlled by the pain killers, antibiotics and other swelling reducing tablets .after procedure you need to wear a customized compression garments for 2 month which will help to reduce swelling, as well as compress the skin to the new body contour.
The gynecomastia procedure results are seen immediately, but due to swelling the final results will take time. The final results will take one to 3 months time once the swelling get subsides completely. Most of the patients can return to their normal routine work in 2-3 days time.
Light exercise can begin after 1 week, with full exercise and activity returning in about two weeks time. Swelling and bruising are common, but will subside over a period of first two weeks. There will be stiffness, hardness and numbness which will resolve gradually over a period of tow to 4 weeks.
You need to get certain blood test before you schedule your procedure .these are HEMOGRAM, PT APTT, BLOOD SUGAR, HIV and HBSAG, renal function .once you get your test reports you can mail those reports and after paying advance deposit we will give you the available date for your procedure.
Generally, Gynecomastia surgery takes 1-2 hours and after 4 to 5 hour under observation, you will be discharged on the same day.
The temporary side effects are pain, discomfort, bruises, and numbness for few days. Sometimes seroma or hematoma can occur which is easily we do everything we can to minimize the risks associated with surgery.
Gynecomastia surgery cost includes Surgeon’s fee, OT Charges, Room charges, Anesthesia fees, Compression garment, Surgical disposable follow up charges.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Gynecomastia
FAQ videos related to Gynecomastia
More searches related to Gynecomastia
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Gynecomastia in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Gynecomastia in other countries compared to Germany is:
- India, USD 2000 to USD 3000, approximately 40% lower than Germany
- Turkey, USD 1760 to USD 2640, approximately 48% lower than Germany
- Thailand, USD 1200 to USD 1800, approximately 64% lower than Germany
- Israel, USD 4400 to USD 6600, approximately 31% higher than Germany
- Singapore, USD 4800 to USD 7200, approximately 43% higher than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 19% higher than Germany