Gliomas Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Gliomas?
The Type of Cancer Found in the Brain's Glial Cells is Called a Glioma.
Glial cells are also known as gluey cells. They are found around nerve cells and help function the nervous system.
The signs and symptoms of glioma are different for different types, which mainly include -
- Numbness of extremities
How is the Procedure Performed?
The treatment of glioma depends upon the patient's type, location, and health.
The treatment comprises Surgical Extraction, Chemotherapy, and Radiation Therapy.
Molecular Drug Therapy is also being used nowadays.
Sometimes a combination of more than one is done.
Palliative care is required to subside the symptoms and maintenance of bodily functions.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gliomas Treatment?
The doctor recommended for treating glioma are Neurosurgeons and Head and Neck Surgeons.
What tests are required?
Diagnostic tests for glioma are neurological examinations followed by imagining tests such as -
- CT scan
- PET scan
- In a few cases, a biopsy may be advised for more clarity.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The survival rate of glioma cases is highly variable, depending upon many factors.
There are a few types of gliomas with a five-year survival rate of less than 10%, and some cases can survive for more than five years.
The cost of Glioma includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost, some of which may include [Neurological examination, imaging tests- X-ray, CT Scan, MRI, Biopsy, etc.]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
Note - High-grade gliomas can are often resistant or can return after the treatment. Treatment for recurred gliomas is different from the treatments used for initial treatment.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests
An extended stay at the Hospital (Generally, the stay is around 2-5 days)
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Help Us With Patient Details
Doctors for Gliomas Treatment in United Arab Emirates
NeurologistSenior Consultant, 34 years of experience
- Dr. Fadel Fouad Gendy has earned the reputation of a leading Neurosurgeon with his surgical and consultative practice spanning over 34 years.
- After his graduation from Cairo University he also earned his PG. He then earned his MD and PhD qualifications from Ein Shams University, Cairo. Dr. Gendy went on to achieve further training at Vienna University, Austria and New Jersey, the USA. He also received training in cervical spine surgery from Barcelona University in Spain and for microsurgery at Columbia University in New York.
- Dr. Gendy is a leading neurosurgeon who performs surgeries for brain tumour, spinal tumour, spinal fixation, spinal trauma and head trauma. He is a leading medical professional for minimally invasive spine surgeries, back and neck pain, congenital anomalies of the brain and spinal cord in children and disc herniation. He also treats disc diseases, stroke, epilepsy and brain hemorrhage.
- He has attended many national and international conferences and presented several papers.
Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi
NeurosurgeonSenior Consultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi is an accomplished UAE Neurosurgeon with +19 years of clinical experience.
- His area of interest is Lumbar laminectomy, Laminotomy, Laminoplasty, Microdiscectomy and Excision of spinal tumours, Cysts and more.
- Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi is a member of the Pan Arab Neurosurgical Society, the Saudi Association of Neurological Surgery and the Emirates Medical Association.
- He obtained MBBS from a prestigious university.
- He's got F.B.I.M.S. in Neurosurgery from Iraqi Board.
- Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi got an Arab Spine Course Diploma (ASCD).
NeurosurgeonVisiting Consultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Muhammed Chishti is a renowned and established Neurosurgeon with +35 years of experience in the field.
- He has done his MBBS from Dow Medical College University of Karachi, Pakistan. In 1982, he went to UK where he obtained fellowships from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh and Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians Glasgow. Here, he completed his training and obtained his Intercollegiate Neurosurgery fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh in 1989.
- Dr. Chishti is an expert neurosurgeon, known to treat brain tumors, aneurism and AVM, hydrocephalus, craniosynostosis with all type of cranial trauma. In spine, he has extensive experience in degenerative spinal disease, spinal tumors, infections and spinal dysraphism.
- He has acquired extensive experience in these 30 years, especially during his stint in Pakistan, where he even treated cases from Afghanistan.
Gliomas Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals