Gliomas Treatment Cost In ThailandChat
What is Gliomas?
The Type of Cancer Found in the Brain's Glial Cells is Called a Glioma.
Glial cells are also known as gluey cells. They are found around nerve cells and help function the nervous system.
The signs and symptoms of glioma are different for different types, which mainly include -
- Numbness of extremities
How is the Procedure Performed?
The treatment of glioma depends upon the patient's type, location, and health.
The treatment comprises Surgical Extraction, Chemotherapy, and Radiation Therapy.
Molecular Drug Therapy is also being used nowadays.
Sometimes a combination of more than one is done.
Palliative care is required to subside the symptoms and maintenance of bodily functions.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gliomas Treatment?
The doctor recommended for treating glioma are Neurosurgeons and Head and Neck Surgeons.
What tests are required?
Diagnostic tests for glioma are neurological examinations followed by imagining tests such as -
- CT scan
- PET scan
- In a few cases, a biopsy may be advised for more clarity.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The survival rate of glioma cases is highly variable, depending upon many factors.
There are a few types of gliomas with a five-year survival rate of less than 10%, and some cases can survive for more than five years.
The cost of Glioma includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost, some of which may include [Neurological examination, imaging tests- X-ray, CT Scan, MRI, Biopsy, etc.]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
Note - High-grade gliomas can are often resistant or can return after the treatment. Treatment for recurred gliomas is different from the treatments used for initial treatment.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests
An extended stay at the Hospital (Generally, the stay is around 2-5 days)
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Cost related to Gliomas Treatment in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Gliomas Treatment||USD 19800 to USD 24200|
Gliomas Treatment in Thailand
Popular Cities in Thailand for Gliomas Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Gliomas Treatment in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Gliomas Treatment in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Vejthani Hospital Bangkok, Thailand
- Vejthani Hospital, established in 1994, is one of the leading private international hospitals in Thailand that provides JCI-accredited quaternary health care services.
- Cutting-edge medical technologies, internationally trained specialists, world-class health care standards, and authentic Thai hospitality are their key competencies.
- The hospital serves over 300,000 patients from over 100 countries annually with over 200 inpatient beds.
- Providing a team of knowledgeable translators ensures they are able to communicate effectively in over 20 languages, aptly resolving issues regarding barriers to communication in healthcare.
- Over 300 specialists across multiple specialties at Vejthani Hospital provide a comprehensive range of quaternary medical services, including bone marrow transplant, total joint replacement surgery, kidney transplant, plastic surgery, dental, skin & laser treatment, spine surgery, and gastrointestinal disorder treatment.
- Vejthani Hospital has received one of the highest numbers of Clinical Care Program Certifications (CCPCs) from Joint Commission International (JCI) in the United States, which accredits top-tier hospitals that achieve the highest facilitation for patient safety.
- Vejthani Hospital’s clinical care programs for Diabetes Type II, Hepatitis B, Knee Replacement, and Lumbar Decompression and Fixation have received JCI CCPC.
- As two of the certified fields are subcategories of orthopedics, makes it is popular for patients to claim that the hospital patients gave the hospital the title ‘The King of Bones.
- Vejthani Hospital is the first hospital in the world to receive Hepatitis B CCPC and is the first in Southeast Asia to receive Lumbar Decompression and Fixation CCPC.
Doctors for Gliomas Treatment in Thailand
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 58 years of experience
- Dr. Chare Phonprasert is a very senior and a skilled Neurosurgeon with an extensive experience of +58 years.
- He completed his MD in 1963 from Mahidol University, Thailand and then did his diploma from the American Board of Neurological Surgery, USA.
- Dr. Phonprasert is a specialised neurosugeon for microsurgery procedures such as aneurysm clipping, brain tumour, cerebrovascular neurosurgery, craniotomy, endoscopic surgery, endovascular neurosurgery, epilepsy/peripheral nerve/psychiatric neurosurgery/skull base and trauma surgeries. He also performs laminectomy, lumbar puncture, anterior cervical discectomy, microdiscectomy and ventriculostomy among other procedures.
NeurosurgeonSenior Consultant, 33 years of experience
- Dr. Yodruk Prasert is a well-known Neurosurgeon who has been practising for over 33 years.
- His areas of expertise are Neurological Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Skull Base Surgery and Spine Surgery.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council and the Thai Board of Neurological Surgery.
- Dr. Yodruk Prasert has completed MD (1988) from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand.
- He is trained in Neurological Surgery (1994) from the Bhumibol Adulyadej Hospital, Thailand.
- Dr. Yodruk Prasert is well-versed in English and Thai.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 38 years of experience
- Dr. Prasopsook Songpaiboon is a senior and a skilled Neurosurgeon with +38 years of experience in the field.
- In 1981, he did a diploma from the Thai Board of Neurological Surgery and the earned the qualification of a Gamma-Knife neurosurgeon. Later, in 1983 he did his MD from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
- Dr. Songpaiboon is a leading neurosurgeon who performs surgeries for aneurysm clipping, brain tumour, cerebrovascular neurosurgery, craniotomy, endoscopic surgery, endovascular neurosurgery, epilepsy/peripheral nerve/psychiatric neurosurgery/skull base and trauma surgeries. He also performs laminectomy, lumbar puncture, anterior cervical discectomy, microdiscectomy and ventriculostomy among other procedures.
- He also diagnoses and treats diseases of the spine, brain and the nervous system such as congenital anomalies, tumours, trauma, vascular disorders, infections of the brain, spine, stroke and any degenerative diseases of the spine.
Gliomas Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Gliomas in other countries, compared to Thailand?
Approximate price of Gliomas in other countries compared to Thailand is:
- India, USD 4800 to USD 7200, approximately 73% lower than Thailand
- Turkey, USD 14864 to USD 22296, approximately 16% lower than Thailand
- Germany, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 14% higher than Thailand
- Israel, USD 22400 to USD 33600, approximately 27% higher than Thailand
- Singapore, USD 33600 to USD 50400, approximately 91% higher than Thailand
- Malaysia, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 45% lower than Thailand