Gliomas Treatment Cost In IndiaChat
What is Gliomas?
The Type of Cancer Found in the Brain's Glial Cells is Called a Glioma.
Glial cells are also known as gluey cells. They are found around nerve cells and help function the nervous system.
The signs and symptoms of glioma are different for different types, which mainly include -
- Numbness of extremities
How is the Procedure Performed?
The treatment of glioma depends upon the patient's type, location, and health.
The treatment comprises Surgical Extraction, Chemotherapy, and Radiation Therapy.
Molecular Drug Therapy is also being used nowadays.
Sometimes a combination of more than one is done.
Palliative care is required to subside the symptoms and maintenance of bodily functions.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gliomas Treatment?
The doctor recommended for treating glioma are Neurosurgeons and Head and Neck Surgeons.
What tests are required?
Diagnostic tests for glioma are neurological examinations followed by imagining tests such as -
- CT scan
- PET scan
- In a few cases, a biopsy may be advised for more clarity.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The survival rate of glioma cases is highly variable, depending upon many factors.
There are a few types of gliomas with a five-year survival rate of less than 10%, and some cases can survive for more than five years.
The cost of Glioma includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost, some of which may include [Neurological examination, imaging tests- X-ray, CT Scan, MRI, Biopsy, etc.]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
Note - High-grade gliomas can are often resistant or can return after the treatment. Treatment for recurred gliomas is different from the treatments used for initial treatment.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests
An extended stay at the Hospital (Generally, the stay is around 2-5 days)
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Cost related to Gliomas Treatment in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Gliomas Treatment||Rs.266400 to Rs.355200|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Gliomas Treatment in IndiaFilter
Showing 132 Hospitals and doctors for Gliomas Treatment in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
The neurosurgical experts deliver the superlative degree of clinical care with a focus on using minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.
The team is highly skilled in treating conditions such as a cerebral aneurysm, Arteriovenous Malformations, Subarachnoid Haemorrhage, Metastatic Spinal Column Tumours etc
The neurosurgery is well-armed with the modern equipment to perform deep brain stimulation, brain aneurysm coiling, brain and spinal arteriovenous malformations embolization, intracranial angioplasty and stenting and many more.
Presently, the latest neuro intervention implants are being deployed such as Flow diverters, Liquid embolization agents like Squid and Phil, low profile intracranial stents and newer intracranial balloons.
Approximately 250-300 neurointerventional procedures are conducted each year.
Dr.Vijay K Dixit, one of the best neurosurgeons in India, works with the hospital has an experience of about 18 years.
So far, he has performed about 10,000 spinal and neural angiograms, 2000 neuro-intervention procedures and more than 1400 aneurysm coiling procedures.
- Established in 1991, Manipal Hospital is the third largest healthcare network in India.
- It is NABH and NABL (ISQUA) accredited.
- It is also ISO 9001:2008 certified for all comprehensive protocols including clinical, nursing, diagnostics and allied areas.
- Manipal Hospitals have 5 branches in Bangalore: Whitefield, Brookefield, Old Airport Road, Malleshwaram and Jayanagar.
- Offers more than 60 specialties under one roof.
- Manipal Hospital Whitefield is 284-bedded inpatient facility.
- It is also accredited with the AAHRPP Accreditation (Association for the Accreditation of the Human Research Protection Programs)
- The hospital is rated the Most Patient Recommended Hospital in India by the Consumer Voice.
- It is ranked as the Best Hospital in Bangalore for the past 8 years by The Week Magazine.
- Ranked among the top 5 hospitals in “INDIA’S MOST CARING HOSPITALS” survey.
- Won the prestigious Golden Peacock National Quality Award 2005 in the Service category.
Doctors for Gliomas Treatment in India
NeurosurgeonDirector, 20 years of experience
- Dr Sandeep Vaishya is one of the top Neurosurgeons in India.
- He has 22+ years of experience in the field & has been associated with some of the best hospitals in India.
- His specializations are Intracranial Brain Tumour Surgery, Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery, Skull Base Surgery, Brain Surgery, General Surgery, Minimally Invasive Brain, Spine Surgery & Image-Guided Neurosurgery, Peripheral Nerve Surgery, and Brachial Plexus Surgery.
- Dr. Vaishya has completed his MBBS & MS from the well-known G R Medical College, Gwalior. Following which he did his MCh at the prestigious AIIMS, Delhi.
- He is an awardee of the Sundt Fellowship at Mayo Clinic, USA.
- He is one of the leading surgeons in the world for brachial plexus Injuries and in South Asia for Gamma Knife Surgery.
- He did several successful surgeries in the field of neurosurgery.
- Dr. Vaishya's treatment for Hydrocephalus was also featured in the popular Netflix documentary Rooting for Roona.
Cost of consultation for Gliomas Treatment with Dr. Sandeep Vaishya starts from INR 2000.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr Arun Saroha is a renowned brain & spine surgeons in India.
- With an experience of over 14 years, he is one of the first few to perform Soliosis surgery in India.
- On completing his MS from RNT Medical College, Udaipur, he did his Mch (Neurosurgery) from the renowned PGI Chandigarh.
- He has more than 8000 brain and spine surgeries to his credit.
- He is a visiting faculty to various famous organisations like Ferdinand Church University ,Nigeria ,Baghdad University ,Baghdad,
- Dr Arun as his expertise in Brain Tumour Surgery, Brain Aneurysms, Spine Surgeries, Spine Instrumentation surgeries, Management of head injury patients.
- He can be followed at LinkedIn https://in.linkedin.com/in/arunsaroha
Cost of consultation for Gliomas Treatment with Dr. Arun Saroha starts from INR 1400.
NeurosurgeonDirector, 24 years of experience
- Dr. Rana Patir is one of the eminent Neurosurgeons in India for all kinds of brain surgeries like brain tumor surgery, deep brain stimulation surgery, surgery for meningioma, and brain stem tumor surgery.
- Expertise’s Epilepsy Surgery, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neuromodulation (for pain management), Skull Base Surgery, Neurovascular Surgery, and Minimal Invasive Brain & Spine Surgeries which include Fusion and Fixation, Kyphoplasty, Disc Replacement Surgery, sleep disorders etc.
- He has 25 years of experience in the field specializing in Brain Tumor Surgeries.
- He has over 10,000 neurological procedures to his credit.
- He is a professor of Neurology at the Guwahati Medical College.
- He has been a teaching faculty at AIIMS and at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, and has been the Director of the Neurosurgery Department at Max Hospital, New Delhi, India.
- Interests are Spine Surgery, Endoscopic Surgery, Stereotactic Surgery for movement disorders, Surgery at Craniovertebral Junction, Extra Cranial-Intra Cranial Bypass Surgery, Complex Head and Neck Procedures, Reconstructive Surgery, Neurosurgery, Skull Base Surgery, and Epilepsy
Cost of consultation for Gliomas Treatment with Dr. Rana Patir starts from INR 1675.
Gliomas Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Gliomas cost in different cities in India?
The price for Gliomas in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.225108 to Rs.352092
- Gurgaon: Rs.230880 to Rs.346320
- Noida: Rs.216450 to Rs.360750
- Chennai: Rs.230880 to Rs.331890
- Mumbai: Rs.236652 to Rs.352092
- Bangalore: Rs.225108 to Rs.340548
- Kolkata: Rs.216450 to Rs.326118
- Jaipur: Rs.202020 to Rs.323232
- Mohali: Rs.207792 to Rs.490620
- Ahmedabad: Rs.193362 to Rs.320346
- Hyderabad: Rs.222222 to Rs.337662
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Gliomas in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Gliomas in other countries compared to India is:
- Turkey, USD 14864 to USD 22296, approximately 210% higher than India
- Thailand, USD 17600 to USD 26400, approximately 267% higher than India
- Germany, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 317% higher than India
- Israel, USD 22400 to USD 33600, approximately 367% higher than India
- Singapore, USD 33600 to USD 50400, approximately 600% higher than India
- Malaysia, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 100% higher than India