Glenn Procedure Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Glenn Procedure?
Glenn procedure is a palliative surgical procedure performed for patients with Tricuspid atresia. It is also part of the surgical treatment path for hypoplastic left heart syndrome.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Glenn procedure involves redirecting blood flow from the upper body to the lungs. The superior vena cava (SVC) is disconnected from the heart and connected directly to the pulmonary artery.
Who is the Right Doctor for Glenn Procedure?
The right doctor to consult for Glenn procedure is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate usually lies between 62-71%, depending on the type of treatment followed.
Possible risks after the Glenn procedure may include bleeding, infection, blood clot, etc.
Cost related to Glenn Procedure in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Glenn procedure||USD 10440 to USD 12760|
Glenn Procedure in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Glenn Procedure are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Glenn Procedure in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 22 Hospitals and doctors for Glenn Procedure in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading hospitals in Malaysia accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the highest international quality accreditation in terms of patient safety and health care services.
- Established in 1996, the hospital is delivering healthcare and excellence for over 25 years.
- The Hospital is particularly known for its Cardiology, Oncology, and Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery.
- It provides comprehensive medical and surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, ENT, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Surgery to mention a few.
- Gleneagles Hospital has one of the most advanced technologies like Gamma Knife and Da Vinci Si Surgery System.
- A well-equipped Imaging Department like Ultrasound Examination, Computed Tomography Scan (C.T. Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Non-vascular Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and General Radiography.
- The Hospital also received several awards namely, the 'International Hospital of the Year,' and 'Highly Commended for Excellence in Customer Service' award from the prestigious International Medical Travel Journal in 2018. It also received the 'Best Health Screening Provider in Asia Pacific' by the Global Health and Travel Awards 2019.
- Several services are provided for international patients such as Visa, flight booking, airport transfer, accommodation, air evacuation & repatriation, doctor referral and appointment, cost estimation, emergency care, and sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur is a premier healthcare hospital that has been serving people from all over the world for 47 years.
- It is a one-stop integrated healthcare provider that specialises particularly in Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, and Paediatrics.
- Besides this, it has many medical and surgical departments like Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology & Interventional Radiology, Urology, Fertility Services – IVF, and Cranio-Facial Surgery.
- It is supported by cutting-edge technologies like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerised Tomography (CT) scan, PET-CT, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Bone densitometry, Orthopantomography and other interventional procedures.
- It has the prestigious JCI accreditation along with a certification by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH). It is also a certified Baby-Friendly Hospital.
- The International Patient Centre (IPC) is available to assist international patients from admission to discharge along with airport transfers.
Gleneagles Hospital, Penang
- Gleneagles Hospital, Penang has been providing healthcare services for 48 years with the highest quality medical and surgical services, patient care, and support.
- It was given a JCI accreditation with a Gold Seal of Approval for international quality standards for patient care and organization management in 2016; a reflection of the Hospital's exemplary healthcare quality standards.
- It is a tertiary care hospital for both national and international patients providing a one-stop services.
- Its comprehensive medical and surgical specialities include Cariology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Electrophysiology, ENT, Endocrine Surgery, Foot & Ankle Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynaecological Oncology, Interventional Radiology, Paediatrics including Orthopaedics, Surgery, and Urology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, Spinal Surgery and other specialities.
- The Hospital is also Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) accredited.
- International patients are assisted in services such as visa, flight, doctor's appointment and hospital discharge, emergency, airport transfers, special dietary needs, accommodation, language interpretation, and local sightseeing.
Doctors for Glenn Procedure in Malaysia
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 47 years of experience
- Dr. Kenneth Chin Kin Liat is a senior and a skilled Cardiac Surgeon with +47 years of experience in the field of cardiac procedures and treating cardiac conditions.
- He did his MBBS in 1974 from University Malay and in 1978 earned a membership from the Royal College of Physicians, UK and in 1989 a fellowship from the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow.
- Dr. Kin Liat is an expert at performing heart transplants, open heart surgery and surgery to remove blockages. He also treats patients who have suffered heart attack, have advanced stages of heart disease and other cardiovascular conditions.
- He has co-authored very few research articles on findings from his surgical practice
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 15 years of experience
- As a Cardiac Surgeon in Malaysia, Dr. Kenny Cheng has more than 15 years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include the treatment of Coronary Artery Disease (Ischaemic Heart Disease), Valvular Heart Diseases, Lung Cancer, Thoracic & Mediastinal Tumours, Hyperhidrosis (Sweaty Palms) and Paediatric Congenital Heart Defects.
- He is a member of the Medical Council of Malaysia, the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh and the European Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery.
- Dr Kenny Cheng achieved his MBBS and MS from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
- He has an Advanced Fellowship from Birmingham Children's Hospital, England.
- Dr Kenny Cheng is a member of MRCS (Edinburgh, UK) and a fellow of FRCS (Edinburgh, UK).
Dato Dr. Mohd Hamzah bin Kamarulzaman
Cardiac SurgeonSenior Resident, 33 years of experience
- Dr. Mohd Hamzah Kamarulzaman is a cardiothoracic surgeon with having vast experience of 33 years.
- He is adept in performing Aortic Surgery, intra-Cardiac Repair, Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery and Grafting.
- Dr. Mohd Hamzah Kamarulzaman's other expertises are Tetralogy of Fallot, Patent Foramen Ovale, Atrial septal defect (ASD), Ventricular Septal defect (VSD), Valve Repair and Replacement.
- He is VP of the Malaysian association for thoracic and cardiovascular surgery (MATCVS) from 2001-2003 and 2014-2016.
- He is a training director of Malaysian Board for Cardiothoracic Surgery and CPR Committee member and Instructor, Penang.
- He is a member of various prestigious associations that include: the Malaysian Medical Association, the Malaysian Medical Relief Society and Islamic Medical Association Malaysia
- Dr. Mohd Hamzah Kamarulzaman has completed MD and FRCS from Edinburg, U.K. (1991).
Glenn Procedure Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
More searches related to Glenn Procedure
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Glenn Procedure in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Glenn Procedure in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- India, USD 4640 to USD 6960, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia
- Turkey, USD 16000 to USD 24000, approximately 72% higher than Malaysia
- Thailand, USD 17200 to USD 25800, approximately 85% higher than Malaysia
- Germany, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 116% higher than Malaysia
- Israel, USD 17600 to USD 26400, approximately 90% higher than Malaysia
- Singapore, USD 16000 to USD 24000, approximately 72% higher than Malaysia