Gender Change Surgery Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Gender Change Surgery?
Gender Change Surgery is a surgical procedure by which a transgender person's physical appearance and function of their existing sexual characteristics are altered to resemble those socially associated with their
How is the Procedure Performed?
Procedure takes 4-5 hrs.During the procedure,male to female sex reassignment a surgeon uses parts of the original penis to create a neo-vagina. The testicles are removed, through a procedure called orchiectomy. The skin from the scrotum is used to make the labia. The erectile tissue of the penis is used to make the neoclitoris. The urethra is preserved and functional.During Female to male sex reassignment surgeon creates an aesthetically appropriate phallus and creates a urethera for standing urination. Construction of a scrotum with testicular implants is done as a second stage.
After 2 days in the hospital, the patient will have to stay in the area for about 5 to 6 days. Small work can be resumed in 2 weeks
What is Gender Change Surgery?
Gender Change Surgery is a surgical procedure to reshape genitals tissues in terms of appearance and functionalities. If a male wants a transgender, then he may also wish to undergo a vaginoplasty, breast augmentation surgery, facial feminization, and other procedures.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Before Gender Change Surgery, the individual has to undergo hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Afterward, the surgery is performed by reshaping genital tissues by making an incision around the genital organ.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gender Change Surgery?
A team of board-certified plastic surgeons performs Gender Change Surgery.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
As per reports, around 95% of people are satisfied with the outcomes of Gender Change Surgery.
Gender Change Surgery demands three days of hospital stay followed by 10-12 days stay at home. After six weeks, the individual can perform light work.
The cost of gender change surgery includes:
- Expenses incurred in the year preceding the surgery, during which hormone therapy, counseling, and living full-time as a person of the target sex is recommended
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost
- Surgery cost
- Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Cost of medication
- Patient's hospital stay
- One year of compulsory therapy with a psychologist before undergoing physical transition globally
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- Post-surgical complication, if it happens
- Cost of blood products (if required)
- Age of the patient
- An extended stay at the hospital
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Gender Change Surgery in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Gender Change Surgery are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Gender Change Surgery in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Gender Change Surgery in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading hospitals in Malaysia accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the highest international quality accreditation in terms of patient safety and health care services.
- Established in 1996, the hospital is delivering healthcare and excellence for over 25 years.
- The Hospital is particularly known for its Cardiology, Oncology, and Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery.
- It provides comprehensive medical and surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, ENT, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Surgery to mention a few.
- Gleneagles Hospital has one of the most advanced technologies like Gamma Knife and Da Vinci Si Surgery System.
- A well-equipped Imaging Department like Ultrasound Examination, Computed Tomography Scan (C.T. Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Non-vascular Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and General Radiography.
- The Hospital also received several awards namely, the 'International Hospital of the Year,' and 'Highly Commended for Excellence in Customer Service' award from the prestigious International Medical Travel Journal in 2018. It also received the 'Best Health Screening Provider in Asia Pacific' by the Global Health and Travel Awards 2019.
- Several services are provided for international patients such as Visa, flight booking, airport transfer, accommodation, air evacuation & repatriation, doctor referral and appointment, cost estimation, emergency care, and sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur is a premier healthcare hospital that has been serving people from all over the world for 47 years.
- It is a one-stop integrated healthcare provider that specialises particularly in Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, and Paediatrics.
- Besides this, it has many medical and surgical departments like Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology & Interventional Radiology, Urology, Fertility Services – IVF, and Cranio-Facial Surgery.
- It is supported by cutting-edge technologies like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerised Tomography (CT) scan, PET-CT, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Bone densitometry, Orthopantomography and other interventional procedures.
- It has the prestigious JCI accreditation along with a certification by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH). It is also a certified Baby-Friendly Hospital.
- The International Patient Centre (IPC) is available to assist international patients from admission to discharge along with airport transfers.
Pantai Hospital Ayer Keroh, Malacca
- Pantai Hospital Ayer Keroh or or PHAK is a 35-year-old tertiary care hospital that has been serving people with dedication, comfort, and a holistic approach.
- It is one of 14 hospitals operated by the Pantai Holdings Sdn Bhd (Pantai Group), Malaysia's leading private healthcare group.
- It is a multispecialty hospital that excels particularly in Cardiology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, ENT, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Geriatric Medicine, General Surgery, Renal Medicine, and Urology.
- The Hospital has Centres of Excellence namely, Cancer Care, Cardiac & Cardiothoracic Care, and Orthopaedics Centre.
- To have a the right diagnoses and treatments, the Hospital is supported by the state-of-the art technologies and equipment such as 640-Slice CT Scanner, Biplane X-Ray System, and Linear Accelerator ELEKTA Synergy.
- It is the first hospital in southern Malaysia to install SagiNova HDR Afterloader for high dose rate image-guided (3D) brachytherapy.
- It is accredited by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) under the Malaysian Ministry of Health which recognises the highest standard of safety and quality for healthcare services.
- The International Patient services assist in appointments, airport and ferry transfers, hotel accommodations, billing, and follow-up.
Doctors for Gender Change Surgery in Malaysia
Cosmetic SurgeonConsultant, 47 years of experience
- Dr. Ahmad Ridzwan Arshad is a leading Cosmetic Surgeon with a vast experience of +47 years.
- He passed out from Agra University in 1974 after completing his MBBS, and then onwards pursued several fellowships across the US, UK and in Malaysia too.
- Dr. Arshad is a specialist of reconstructive surgery, liposuction, double eyelid surgery, cleft lip surgery among a few other cosmetic procedures.
- He has co-authored a few research papers.
Cosmetic SurgeonConsultant, 31 years of experience
- Dr. Benjamin George is a leading Plastic Reconstructive Surgeon having more than 31 years of experience.
- He has extensive knowledge of his field and is specializes in breast surgery liposuction.
- He is an active member of the Malaysian Association of Plastic and Cranio-Facial Surgeons, Academy of Medicine, Malaysia, and Malaysian Medical Association.
- He aims to provide the best medical treatment to every patient.
Cosmetic SurgeonConsultant, 31 years of experience
- Dr. Kim K. Tan is a leading and a skilled Cosmetic Surgeon with +31 years of experience in the field.
- He is among the founding members of the Cleft, Lip and Palate Association of Malaysia.
- Dr. Tan is a pass-out of the Charing Cross Hospital Medical School, London (1980) and then became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 1985. He underwent further training in UK.
- On his return to Malaysia in 1992, he took up lecturership at the University Hospital, Kuala Lumpur.
- Dr. Tan's areas of expertise include breast reconstruction, cleft open palate, eyelid, hand surgery, facial trauma surgery, eyelid and facial reconstructive surgery.
Gender Change Surgery Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Gender Change Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Gender affirmation surgery gives people their desire gender. This surgery is usually done on face, chest, neck and gentilia.
Gender affirmation refers to an interpersonal interactive processs whereby a person receives social recognition and support from their gender identity and expression.
Gender affirmation surgery involves physcatrist consultation, hormonal therapy, surgery to develop male and female traits. These therapy help to chnage your gender in your way that your body reflects.
If a person thinks that he or she is born or bought up with some other gender and they have been mistakely assigned that gender they ca go for gender affirmation surgery.
Yes, gender affirmation surgery is for both the sex it involves male to female and female to male surgry.
During the Gender Change Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Gender affirmation surgery involves lot of specialist inclucing psychatrist, endocrinologist and plastic surgeons
1. Pyshatrist consultat
2. Hormonal therapy
3. Chest surgery
4. Gential surgery
Female to male surgery involves hormonal therapy then breast reduction surgery in which the fat and glands from female breasts are reduced to male. The last step of female to male surgery is changing of clitoris to penis in this process vagina is also removed and the urethera is also lenghtened and positioned.
Male to female therapy involves hormonal therapy, breast implant surgery in which by placing breast implant below the chest wall the appearance of male breast is given like female. The last step of male to female surgery is removing the penis and then converting into a vagina. A small incision os made into the scortum and the flap of the skin is pulled back.
After Gender Change Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
You should take adequate rest as told by your surgeon. You should limit our physical activities, do not lift any hard objects. If your bottom surgery is done you will be told to be in hospital for 3-4 days after going home you should maintain your clealiness and proper hygiene so that no infection should occur. If you notice any difficulty then you should contact your doctor immediately.
In case of chest surgery recovery time will be of 2-3 days only and if you are undergoing bottom surgery then the recovery time will be of 7 to 10 days.
Some of the complications after gender affirmation surgery are hematoma, seroma and discharge from the nipple area. Delayed complications of the surger includes aesthetic dissatisfaction to the area, there can be aesthetic deformity which requires timely intervention.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Cosmetic Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals