Gender Change Surgery Cost In IndiaChat
What is Gender Change Surgery?
Gender Change Surgery is a surgical procedure by which a transgender person's physical appearance and function of their existing sexual characteristics are altered to resemble those socially associated with their
How is the Procedure Performed?
Procedure takes 4-5 hrs.During the procedure,male to female sex reassignment a surgeon uses parts of the original penis to create a neo-vagina. The testicles are removed, through a procedure called orchiectomy. The skin from the scrotum is used to make the labia. The erectile tissue of the penis is used to make the neoclitoris. The urethra is preserved and functional.During Female to male sex reassignment surgeon creates an aesthetically appropriate phallus and creates a urethera for standing urination. Construction of a scrotum with testicular implants is done as a second stage.
After 2 days in the hospital, the patient will have to stay in the area for about 5 to 6 days. Small work can be resumed in 2 weeks
What is Gender Change Surgery?
Gender Change Surgery is a surgical procedure to reshape genitals tissues in terms of appearance and functionalities. If a male wants a transgender, then he may also wish to undergo a vaginoplasty, breast augmentation surgery, facial feminization, and other procedures.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Before Gender Change Surgery, the individual has to undergo hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Afterward, the surgery is performed by reshaping genital tissues by making an incision around the genital organ.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gender Change Surgery?
A team of board-certified plastic surgeons performs Gender Change Surgery.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
As per reports, around 95% of people are satisfied with the outcomes of Gender Change Surgery.
Gender Change Surgery demands three days of hospital stay followed by 10-12 days stay at home. After six weeks, the individual can perform light work.
The cost of gender change surgery includes:
- Expenses incurred in the year preceding the surgery, during which hormone therapy, counseling, and living full-time as a person of the target sex is recommended
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost
- Surgery cost
- Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Cost of medication
- Patient's hospital stay
- One year of compulsory therapy with a psychologist before undergoing physical transition globally
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- Post-surgical complication, if it happens
- Cost of blood products (if required)
- Age of the patient
- An extended stay at the hospital
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Gender Change Surgery in IndiaFilter
Showing 137 Hospitals and doctors for Gender Change Surgery in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
Enhance Clinics, New Delhi
- Enhance Clinics is founded by globally acclaimed cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Manoj Khanna.
- With an experience of over 20 years, Dr. Khanna has performed 5000 hair transplants so far.
- With 22 centers in India, it is the "one stop shop" for all Dermatology, Aesthetic Surgery and Hair Transplant procedures.
- It is one of the most preferred clinics for celebrities and highly esteemed clientele across 65 countries.
- The maximum number of Hair Transplants were conducted for the Indian Cricket Fraternity.
- Cricketers like Harsha Bhogle, Arun Lal have all got their hair transplant done in various centers of Enhance Clinic.
- The chain of Enhance Clinics specialize in Hair, Body, Breast, Face and Skin.
- It serves the best cosmetic treatment at an affordable cost.
Designer Bodyz, Mumbai
- Located in Mumbai, Designer Bodyz is a renowned clinic for its cosmetic and dermatology services.
- Founded by Dr. Parag Telang, the center has world-class amenities and provides advanced treatments.
- Some of the best services provided are abdominoplasty, vaser liposuction, dimple creation, blepharoplasty, mommy makeover, facial feminization, v-line creating, mastopexy reduction, belt lipectomy, periareolar implants, buttock augmentation and much more.
Doctors for Gender Change Surgery in India
Aesthetics and Plastic SurgeonConsultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Vipul Nanda is one of the best Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeons in India.
- He has 19 years of experience in his field.
- He did his MBBS & MS from AIIMS and M.Ch from PGI Chandigarh. He did his MRCS from the UK.
- Dr. Nanda undertook advanced fellowships under world leaders in cosmetic and plastic surgery in Spain, Japan, U.K. & USA.
- He holds the rare honor of being a fellow of the British Association of Plastic Surgeons and an International Scholar of the American Society of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Nanda is an active member of various renowned organizations across the globe such as the Royal College of Surgeons, UK, the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Indian Medical Association to name a few.
- He is associated with numerous hospitals in India.
- He aims to provide world-class medical services to his patients.
- His area of interest lies in surgical procedures and non-surgical treatments like Filler, mesotherapy, Laser, and Dermabrasion.
Cost of consultation for Gender Change Surgery with Dr. Vipul Nanda starts from INR 1500.
Cosmetic SurgeonSenior Consultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr. Charu Sharma is one of the well-recognized Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeons of India having 15 years of experience.
- She is a known professional to provide unsurpassed care to her patients. She is dedicated to offering her patients the latest innovations in non-surgical and surgical procedures for face and body cosmetic surgery.
- She strongly believes in empowering her patients with facts about plastic surgery and answer any queries they may have before, during, or after a procedure.
- Completing her MBBS & M.Ch from the prestigious BHU College, Varanasi. She has also undergone international training in various cosmetic surgery procedures.
- She is an active member of the International Society of Aesthetic Surgery.
- Dr. Charu Sharma has authored and co-authored several papers and scientific manuscripts on plastic surgery, including such procedures as the UAL Based liposuction, Facial Reshaping, and Advance Techniques of Breast Augmentation.
- Dr. Charu has been felicitated with various treasured awards such as Rajdhani Ratna, Mana Seva Samman, etc.
- She has appeared in numerous TV programs (eg Total Health on Zee TV, Interview on India TV & DD News, Health special on Sadhna TV, Jain TV etc.) to educate the masses about the realms of Public about Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery.
- She is a Senior Faculty member & advisor for the international pharmaceutical firm Johnson & Johnson.
- She was invited to Leiden Holland to deliver a faculty lecture in an international conference on "Science of breast implant".
- Internationally she is renowned for her breast augmentation method, which she has developed through her own skills.
- She offers expertise in breast surgeries, hair transplants, and post-burn reconstructive surgeries.
Cosmetic SurgeonDirector, 24 years of experience
- Dr. A. Sivakumar is among the best Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgeons with 17+ years of surgical experience and 24+ years of overall experience.
- He has won the Best Doctor Award, an award given by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University at the time of the Silver Jubilee Celebrations of the University.
- He has vast knowledge and experience in Rhinoplasty, Face and Neck Surgery, Ear Surgery, Eyelid Surgery, skin treatments, cheek & deep line surgery, and more.
- He is a life member of the Association of Aesthetic Surgeons of India, Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, Indian Society for Surgery of Hand, Indian Medical Association, and Association of Surgeons of India.
- He has published papers in the International Trauma Surgery Journal and Indian Aesthetician Journal.
Cost of consultation for Gender Change Surgery with Dr. A. Sivakumar starts from INR 500.
Gender Change Surgery Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Gender Change Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Gender affirmation surgery gives people their desire gender. This surgery is usually done on face, chest, neck and gentilia.
Gender affirmation refers to an interpersonal interactive processs whereby a person receives social recognition and support from their gender identity and expression.
Gender affirmation surgery involves physcatrist consultation, hormonal therapy, surgery to develop male and female traits. These therapy help to chnage your gender in your way that your body reflects.
If a person thinks that he or she is born or bought up with some other gender and they have been mistakely assigned that gender they ca go for gender affirmation surgery.
Yes, gender affirmation surgery is for both the sex it involves male to female and female to male surgry.
During the Gender Change Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Gender affirmation surgery involves lot of specialist inclucing psychatrist, endocrinologist and plastic surgeons
1. Pyshatrist consultat
2. Hormonal therapy
3. Chest surgery
4. Gential surgery
Female to male surgery involves hormonal therapy then breast reduction surgery in which the fat and glands from female breasts are reduced to male. The last step of female to male surgery is changing of clitoris to penis in this process vagina is also removed and the urethera is also lenghtened and positioned.
Male to female therapy involves hormonal therapy, breast implant surgery in which by placing breast implant below the chest wall the appearance of male breast is given like female. The last step of male to female surgery is removing the penis and then converting into a vagina. A small incision os made into the scortum and the flap of the skin is pulled back.
After Gender Change Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
You should take adequate rest as told by your surgeon. You should limit our physical activities, do not lift any hard objects. If your bottom surgery is done you will be told to be in hospital for 3-4 days after going home you should maintain your clealiness and proper hygiene so that no infection should occur. If you notice any difficulty then you should contact your doctor immediately.
In case of chest surgery recovery time will be of 2-3 days only and if you are undergoing bottom surgery then the recovery time will be of 7 to 10 days.
Some of the complications after gender affirmation surgery are hematoma, seroma and discharge from the nipple area. Delayed complications of the surger includes aesthetic dissatisfaction to the area, there can be aesthetic deformity which requires timely intervention.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Cosmetic Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals