Gender Change Surgery Cost In GermanyChat
What is Gender Change Surgery?
Gender Change Surgery is a surgical procedure by which a transgender person's physical appearance and function of their existing sexual characteristics are altered to resemble those socially associated with their
How is the Procedure Performed?
Procedure takes 4-5 hrs.During the procedure,male to female sex reassignment a surgeon uses parts of the original penis to create a neo-vagina. The testicles are removed, through a procedure called orchiectomy. The skin from the scrotum is used to make the labia. The erectile tissue of the penis is used to make the neoclitoris. The urethra is preserved and functional.During Female to male sex reassignment surgeon creates an aesthetically appropriate phallus and creates a urethera for standing urination. Construction of a scrotum with testicular implants is done as a second stage.
After 2 days in the hospital, the patient will have to stay in the area for about 5 to 6 days. Small work can be resumed in 2 weeks
What is Gender Change Surgery?
Gender Change Surgery is a surgical procedure to reshape genitals tissues in terms of appearance and functionalities. If a male wants a transgender, then he may also wish to undergo a vaginoplasty, breast augmentation surgery, facial feminization, and other procedures.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Before Gender Change Surgery, the individual has to undergo hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Afterward, the surgery is performed by reshaping genital tissues by making an incision around the genital organ.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gender Change Surgery?
A team of board-certified plastic surgeons performs Gender Change Surgery.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
As per reports, around 95% of people are satisfied with the outcomes of Gender Change Surgery.
Gender Change Surgery demands three days of hospital stay followed by 10-12 days stay at home. After six weeks, the individual can perform light work.
The cost of gender change surgery includes:
- Expenses incurred in the year preceding the surgery, during which hormone therapy, counseling, and living full-time as a person of the target sex is recommended
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost
- Surgery cost
- Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Cost of medication
- Patient's hospital stay
- One year of compulsory therapy with a psychologist before undergoing physical transition globally
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- Post-surgical complication, if it happens
- Cost of blood products (if required)
- Age of the patient
- An extended stay at the hospital
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Gender Change Surgery in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Gender Change Surgery in Germany
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
University Hospital Dusseldorf
- The University Hospital Düsseldorf is located in the south of Düsseldorf, Germany, and was established in the year 1907.
- The hospital comprises of 34 individual clinics and over 30 medical institutes and employs over 5,500 individuals.
- The hospital is equipped with an exclusive spectrum of modern diagnostics and high-tech equipment.
- The cardiac surgery department at the hospital is one of the best cardiac surgery centers in Germany and has treated more than 50,000 heart operations since 1938.
- The neurosurgical department operates more than 3,000 patients annually and nearly 15,000 outpatient in a year.
- In addition to medical assistance provided, the hospital also has a brilliant academic, which provides high-quality education to all medical aspirants.
- The rooms are designed with a modern aesthetic and offer single, double, and triple accommodation. They are also furnished with an automatically adjustable bed, wardrobes, a bedside table, a telephone, and many more facilities.
- The LMU Klinikum, known as Klinikum der Universität München until 2020 is the merged hospital complex of the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- The hospital is one of the leading research universities in Europe, with a more than 500-year-long tradition, and is committed to the highest international standards of excellence in research and teaching.
- With the outpatient care facilities, more than 2,000 beds are available for partial and complete inpatient treatment along with 1,700 doctors and 3,200 nurses sourced from over 90 countries to care for the patients well.
- The hospital includes 48 clinics, institutes, and departments making it is one of the largest hospitals in Europe.
- Approximately 500,000 patients are treated annually at Campus Großhadern and City Center locations.
- The hospital has been awarded numerous certificates and awards for its excellent service and quality, including the ISO 9001:2015 certification, IQM quality management certification, and an award from German health insurers.
- The facilities available are the CCC M Oncology Centre of Excellence, Bavaria’s largest transplant center TxM, the German Centre for Vertigo and Balance, the Tropical Institute, and the Centre for International Health (CIH).
Doctors for Gender Change Surgery in Germany
Prof. Dr. Steffen U. Eisenhardt
Cosmetic SurgeonSenior Consultant, 15 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Steffen U. Eisenhardt is a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon with more than 15 years of experience.
- He is a member of the German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (DGPRÄC), Society for Microcirculation and Vascular Biology (GfMVB), and European Plastic Surgery Research Council.
- He studied human medicine at the Albert-Ludwigs University of Freiburg with study visits to Durban/South Africa, Perth/Australia and Montréal/Canada and Switzerland.
- He also has a Doctorate in the Department of Cardiology and Angiology at the University Clinic Freiburg on the production of activity-specific antibodies for therapeutic and diagnostic use (2007).
- He specializes in Reconstructive Microsurgery, Hand Surgery, Head and Neck Reconstruction, Aesthetic Surgery, Breast reduction, Breast augmentation, Breast lift, Forehead lift, etc.
- He has received various awards for his dedication in the field and has nearly 50+ articles in international and national journals.
Prof. Dr. Med. Hans Gunther Machens
Cosmetic SurgeonHead of Department, 30 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Hans Gunther Machens is a plastic surgeon with 30+ years of experience.
- His clinical interest includes breast augmentation, breast reduction, liposuction, eyelid lift, facelift, abdominoplasty, lip augmentation, neck lift, ear reshaping and nose reshaping.
- He has won many awards, including the Heinz Maier Leibnitz Medal of TUM, Brettschneider Prize, British Association of Plastic Surgeons Science Award and Science Award of the DAH.
- Dr. Machens did graduation followed by post-graduation from University Hospital Heidelberg.
- He is one of the founders of the “Tissue Engineering” competence centre in Lübeck.
- He is a director of various German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) projects.
Gender Change Surgery Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Gender Change Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Gender affirmation surgery gives people their desire gender. This surgery is usually done on face, chest, neck and gentilia.
Gender affirmation refers to an interpersonal interactive processs whereby a person receives social recognition and support from their gender identity and expression.
Gender affirmation surgery involves physcatrist consultation, hormonal therapy, surgery to develop male and female traits. These therapy help to chnage your gender in your way that your body reflects.
If a person thinks that he or she is born or bought up with some other gender and they have been mistakely assigned that gender they ca go for gender affirmation surgery.
Yes, gender affirmation surgery is for both the sex it involves male to female and female to male surgry.
During the Gender Change Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Gender affirmation surgery involves lot of specialist inclucing psychatrist, endocrinologist and plastic surgeons
1. Pyshatrist consultat
2. Hormonal therapy
3. Chest surgery
4. Gential surgery
Female to male surgery involves hormonal therapy then breast reduction surgery in which the fat and glands from female breasts are reduced to male. The last step of female to male surgery is changing of clitoris to penis in this process vagina is also removed and the urethera is also lenghtened and positioned.
Male to female therapy involves hormonal therapy, breast implant surgery in which by placing breast implant below the chest wall the appearance of male breast is given like female. The last step of male to female surgery is removing the penis and then converting into a vagina. A small incision os made into the scortum and the flap of the skin is pulled back.
After Gender Change Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
You should take adequate rest as told by your surgeon. You should limit our physical activities, do not lift any hard objects. If your bottom surgery is done you will be told to be in hospital for 3-4 days after going home you should maintain your clealiness and proper hygiene so that no infection should occur. If you notice any difficulty then you should contact your doctor immediately.
In case of chest surgery recovery time will be of 2-3 days only and if you are undergoing bottom surgery then the recovery time will be of 7 to 10 days.
Some of the complications after gender affirmation surgery are hematoma, seroma and discharge from the nipple area. Delayed complications of the surger includes aesthetic dissatisfaction to the area, there can be aesthetic deformity which requires timely intervention.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Cosmetic Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals