Gamma Knife Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Gamma Knife?
Gamma knife radiosurgery is the term coined for the type of radiation therapy which is used for the treatment of tumors, vascular malformation, and some other abnormalities in the brain.
It is advised in cases of deep brain seated tumors that are not operable and in case a patient's condition is not eligible for standard surgery.
How is the Procedure Performed?
It is another form of SRS ( stereotactic radiosurgery), it is not a surgery, and there is no incision; only radiation is given in a focused manner.
Gamma Knife radiosurgery uses specialized equipment to focus about 200 tiny radiation beams upon a tumor. Although each beam has very less effect on the brain tissue it passes through, a high dose of radiation is delivered to the place where all the beams meet.
The precision of brain stereotactic radiosurgery results in minimal radiation delivery to healthy tissues surrounding the target. Gamma Knife radiosurgery is usually a daycare therapy completed in a single day.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gamma Knife?
The right doctor for performing a gamma knife surgery is a neurosurgeon and oncologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Gamma knife radiosurgery is nearly 90% successful in destroying and shrinking the tumorous cells in the brain. and it does not hurt so do not require anesthesia.
The cost of Gamma Knife Treatment includes:
- Diagnostic tests cost (blood tests, CT scans, MRI, PET scan, etc.)
- Procedure cost
- Post-procedure cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Cost of medications
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- The severity of the disease (tumour size, location, and shape)
- Post-procedure complication, if it happens
- Any additional tests may require knowing the status of the disease during treatment
- An extended stay at the hospital
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Gamma Knife in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Gamma Knife for AVM or Brain Tumor||USD 11160 to USD 13640|
Gamma Knife in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Gamma Knife are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Gamma Knife
Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
Gamma Knife treatment overview.
Gamma Knife vs Cyber knife treatment.
Gamma Knife treatment.
Top hospitals and doctors for Gamma Knife in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 23 Hospitals and doctors for Gamma Knife in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading hospitals in Malaysia accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the highest international quality accreditation in terms of patient safety and health care services.
- Established in 1996, the hospital is delivering healthcare and excellence for over 25 years.
- The Hospital is particularly known for its Cardiology, Oncology, and Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery.
- It provides comprehensive medical and surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, ENT, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Surgery to mention a few.
- Gleneagles Hospital has one of the most advanced technologies like Gamma Knife and Da Vinci Si Surgery System.
- A well-equipped Imaging Department like Ultrasound Examination, Computed Tomography Scan (C.T. Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Non-vascular Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and General Radiography.
- The Hospital also received several awards namely, the 'International Hospital of the Year,' and 'Highly Commended for Excellence in Customer Service' award from the prestigious International Medical Travel Journal in 2018. It also received the 'Best Health Screening Provider in Asia Pacific' by the Global Health and Travel Awards 2019.
- Several services are provided for international patients such as Visa, flight booking, airport transfer, accommodation, air evacuation & repatriation, doctor referral and appointment, cost estimation, emergency care, and sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur is a premier healthcare hospital that has been serving people from all over the world for 47 years.
- It is a one-stop integrated healthcare provider that specialises particularly in Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, and Paediatrics.
- Besides this, it has many medical and surgical departments like Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology & Interventional Radiology, Urology, Fertility Services – IVF, and Cranio-Facial Surgery.
- It is supported by cutting-edge technologies like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerised Tomography (CT) scan, PET-CT, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Bone densitometry, Orthopantomography and other interventional procedures.
- It has the prestigious JCI accreditation along with a certification by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH). It is also a certified Baby-Friendly Hospital.
- The International Patient Centre (IPC) is available to assist international patients from admission to discharge along with airport transfers.
Pantai Hospital Penang
Pantai Hospital Penang is one of the many hospitals owned by the Pantai Group, a leading healthcare services provider in Malaysia.
The Hospital specialises in Neurology and Cardiology besides having excellent medical and patient care in departments like Oncology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatrics, Renal Medicines, Urology and others.
It has three Centres of Excellence namely, the Cancer Centre, Heart Centre, and Stroke Centre.
It is accredited by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) that is under the Ministry of Health.
It is supported by cutting edge medical and surgical technologies like 160-Slice CT Scan, 64-Slice CT Scan, Bone Densitometer (DEXA), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Mammography, Ultrasonography to mention a few.
The Hospital also has an International Patient Centre that will assist international patients from appointment to discharge along with complimentary chauffeured services to hotels or accommodations in Penang.
It also offers a choice of Health Screening Packages for both men and women.
Doctors for Gamma Knife in Malaysia
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 48 years of experience
- Dr. Selvapragasam T. is a leading Neurosurgeon with +48 years of experience in the field.
- He is a professional member of the, Malaysian Medical Council, Preliminary Investigation Council, Medical Review Panel, Fitness to Practice Panel.
- Dr. Selvapragasam T did his MBBS in 1973 from the Madras University and then purused two fellowships in 1982 at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
- He is a specialist of cranio-spinal surgery, brain surgery for tumours, spinal surgery, intracranial haemorrhages and traumatic brain & spine surgery. He also treats other neurological conditions such as, cervical/lumbar spondylosis. nerve damage, head injuries, paralysis and spinal tumours/lesions.
NeurosurgeonSenior Consultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr Sani Bin Sayuthi is a trained Neurosurgeon with more than 20 years of training and expertise.
- His specialities include preventing, identifying, and treating nerve, spine, and brain problems.
- He is a member of the Neurosurgical Association Of Malaysia, the Malaysian Medical Council and the Academy of Medicine, Malaysia.
- Dr Sani Bin Sayuthi completed his MBBS (1995) from the National University of Ireland, Ireland.
- He obtained his MS (2007) from Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 40 years of experience
- Mr. B. Gunasekaran is a well-known Neurosurgeon who practises at Gleneagles Penang Hospital.
- He has been working in the field for over 40 years.
- Mr. B. Gunasekaran specialities include brain, spinal cord, and nerve surgery, as well as microsurgery.
- He has completed an MBBS (1975) from the University of Madras, India.
- He obtained FRACS (1983) from Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS), Australia.
- Mr. B. Gunasekaran is well-versed in English, Tamil and Bahasa Melayu.
Gamma Knife Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Gamma Knife in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Gamma Knife in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- India, USD 4960 to USD 7440, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia
- Turkey, USD 7200 to USD 10800, approximately 27% lower than Malaysia
- Thailand, USD 6000 to USD 9000, approximately 40% lower than Malaysia
- Germany, USD 7200 to USD 10800, approximately 27% lower than Malaysia
- Singapore, USD 44000 to USD 66000, approximately 344% higher than Malaysia