Gamma Knife Cost In GermanyChat
What is Gamma Knife?
Gamma knife radiosurgery is the term coined for the type of radiation therapy which is used for the treatment of tumors, vascular malformation, and some other abnormalities in the brain.
It is advised in cases of deep brain seated tumors that are not operable and in case a patient's condition is not eligible for standard surgery.
How is the Procedure Performed?
It is another form of SRS ( stereotactic radiosurgery), it is not a surgery, and there is no incision; only radiation is given in a focused manner.
Gamma Knife radiosurgery uses specialized equipment to focus about 200 tiny radiation beams upon a tumor. Although each beam has very less effect on the brain tissue it passes through, a high dose of radiation is delivered to the place where all the beams meet.
The precision of brain stereotactic radiosurgery results in minimal radiation delivery to healthy tissues surrounding the target. Gamma Knife radiosurgery is usually a daycare therapy completed in a single day.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gamma Knife?
The right doctor for performing a gamma knife surgery is a neurosurgeon and oncologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Gamma knife radiosurgery is nearly 90% successful in destroying and shrinking the tumorous cells in the brain. and it does not hurt so do not require anesthesia.
The cost of Gamma Knife Treatment includes:
- Diagnostic tests cost (blood tests, CT scans, MRI, PET scan, etc.)
- Procedure cost
- Post-procedure cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Cost of medications
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- The severity of the disease (tumour size, location, and shape)
- Post-procedure complication, if it happens
- Any additional tests may require knowing the status of the disease during treatment
- An extended stay at the hospital
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Gamma Knife in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Gamma Knife for AVM or Brain Tumor||USD 8100 to USD 9900|
Gamma Knife in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Gamma Knife are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Gamma Knife
Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
Gamma Knife treatment overview.
Gamma Knife vs Cyber knife treatment.
Gamma Knife treatment.
Top hospitals and doctors for Gamma Knife in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Gamma Knife in Germany
University Hospital Heidelberg
- The University Hospital Heidelberg is one of the biggest medical centers in the Federal Republic of Germany. It is a part of Heidelberg University Medical School, which was founded in 1388, making it the oldest in Germany.
- The hospital operates nearly 1 million outpatients and 65,000 inpatients every year and is well-renowned for treating cancer.
- The Hospital works in partnership with various research institutes one of them being the German Cancer Research Center at the National Center for Tumor Diseases, registered on the American Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- The hospital specializes in diagnosing complex medical conditions and diseases and treating them using innovative technology to ensure optimal treatment with interdisciplinary cooperation.
- There are about 10,000 employees, including 1,600 professors and doctors working at the hospital, and the Chief Doctor of the hospital is the renowned Professor Guido Adler.
- The Heidelberg Curriculum Medicinale (HeiCuMed) is one of the leading medical training institutions in Germany, which at present teaches nearly 3700 physicians.
Meoclinic Hospital, Berlin
- Founded in 2000, Meoclinic Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical center and is part of MEOGROUP.
- The hospital is certified by the ISO 9001:2008 quality standard and meets the highest medical requirements of the European Union.
- Located in the center of Berlin, the hospital offers the highest level of medical services.
- The team of specialists provides high-quality assistance to every patient.
- Patients choose this hospital for neurology, plastic surgery, endocrinology, pediatric neurosurgery, obstetrics and gynecology.
- It has 5 narrow-focused centers – cardiology, radiology, phlebology, surgery and rehabilitation.
- The center has the latest equipment, including the newest devices of CT and MRI scan, Doppler ultrasonography, EEG and devices for conducting duplex 3D and 4D sonography.
- Spanned in an area of 4,500 square meters, it has 45 beds, including 6 intensive care beds, 3 inpatient and 1 outpatient operating theatres.
Doctors for Gamma Knife in Germany
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Volker Arnd Coenen is a Neurosurgeon in Freiburg, Germany with over 15+ years of experience.
- He is an active member of organizations such as the German Society for Neurosurgery (DGNC), European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS), The Movement Disorders Society, German Society for Computer and Robot-Assisted Surgery (CURAC), European Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery (ESSFN), World Society for Functional and Stereotactic Neurosurgery (WSFSN), etc.
- He completed graduation from Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule (RWTH) Aachen in 1992, and did two internships from Neurosurgical Clinic, University Hospital Aachen (Prof. Dr. med. JM Gilsbach) in 1999 and Clinic for Anaesthesiology, University Hospital Aachen, 6-month rotation, intensive care medicine (Prof. Dr. med. R. Rossaint) in 2000.
- He also has a Fellowship in "Functional and stereotactic neurosurgery" from the Surgical Center for Movement Disorders, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada in 2007.
- Dr. Coenen has special interests in dealing with Imaging assisted Deep Brain Stimulation, Spondylolisthesis, Hematoma, Brain contusions, Intracerebral bleed, Aneurysm, Brain tumors, Hypertensive bleed, etc.
- He has authored in national and international publications and also has presented in many national conferences.
NeurosurgeonHead of Department, 39 years of experience
- With 39+ years of experience, Prof. Dr. med. Rudolf Laumer is a neurosurgeon with the main interest in spinal diseases.
- His expertise includes Lumbar disc herniation, cervical disc herniation, Thoracic disc herniation, lumbar spinal stenosis, Cervical spinal stenosis, Spondylolisthesis, artificial intervertebral discs and spinal tumors.
- He is vice president of the professional association of German neurosurgeons BDNC and a member of the board of the German Society for Neurosurgery DGNC.
- Dr. Laumer did graduation and post-graduation from universities in Würzburg and Erlangen.
- He did specialist training in neurosurgery at the University of Erlangen, Erlangen.
- He is a member of the Neurosurgical Academy NCA, German Medical Association and North Rhine Medical Association, Düsseldorf.
NeurosurgeonChief, 35 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Jürgen Kiwit is a neurosurgeon with 35+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty, endoscopic intervertebral disc surgery, Neuronavigation for spinal and cranial surgery.
- He is a member of AANS (American Association of Neurological Surgeons), WFNS (World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies) and Mayo Alumni German Speaking League.
- Dr. Kiwit completed his graduation followed by post-graduation.
- He did his training in neurosurgery from prestigious hospitals in Germany.
- He has many publications under his name in both national and international journals.
Gamma Knife Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Gamma Knife in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Gamma Knife in other countries compared to Germany is:
- India, USD 4960 to USD 7440, approximately 31% lower than Germany
- Turkey, USD 7200 to USD 10800, approximately 0% higher than Germany
- Thailand, USD 6000 to USD 9000, approximately 17% lower than Germany
- Singapore, USD 44000 to USD 66000, approximately 511% higher than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 9920 to USD 14880, approximately 38% higher than Germany