Gallbladder Cancer Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Gallbladder Cancer?
Cancer developing in the gall bladder is called gall bladder cancer. It is a small organ that lies below the liver. Its size and location is such that cancerous growth goes undetected easily. There are no such early signs and symptoms. Even in late stages bloating, abdominal pain, and fever are the symptoms.
How is the Procedure Performed?
for treatment of gall bladder common surgery is done known as a cholecystectomy. Followed by chemotherapy and radiotherapy in some cases.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gallbladder Cancer Treatment?
for the treatment, one can consult a gastroenterologist or a general surgeon for the surgery. Opinion of a medical and surgical oncologist is required as well.
A number of tests can be done in order to diagnose gallbladder cancer namely ultrasound, CT scan, FNAC, biopsy, blood test, and ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography ).
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
the success rate isn't very good as the diagnosis is often delayed and symptoms went unnoticed.
The cost of Gallbladder Cancer includes:
Preoperative Diagnostic Tests costs may include [blood tests, ultrasound, CT scan, cholangiography, etc.]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Types of Gall bladder cancer surgery (Open cholecystectomy or Laparoscopic cholecystectomy)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room).
The stage and type of cancer.
Patients may require repeated investigation by PET CT and related tests post-surgery / Post Chemotherapy / Post Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may require knowing the status of the disease during the course of treatment.
An extended stay at the hospital due to health reasons of the patient.
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident. Stay may be longer due to the gap between chemotherapy Cycles and radiation sessions.
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Gallbladder Cancer Treatment in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Gallbladder Cancer Treatment in United Arab Emirates
LLH Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- Founded in 2007, LLH Hospital is a multispeciality hospital based in Abu Dhabi, providing the highest level of medical excellence, it was established by Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil and is accredited by JCL(Joint Commission International).
- The hospital deals with different specialties such as cardiology, neurology, ENT, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, Opthalmology, Gynecology, etc. The team comprises skilled general and specialty medical practitioners, nurses, technologists along with personnel having extensive experience.
- LLH Hospital received the prestigious European Quality Award (EQA) instituted by the European Foundation for Quality Management and hounoured by the Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award (SKEA), that honors leading organizations which provide best services and set the highest of standards in excellence across the nation.
- The healthcare institution has a team of over 5000 employees providing quality care to over 2 million people for 13 years and is well equipped with all the latest treatment modalities.
Zulekha Hospital LLC - Sharjah
- Zulekha Hospital Sharjah is part of the Zulekha Healthcare Group that provides easy access to high-quality healthcare.
- It is a multi-speciality hospital with specialities such as Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Cardiology, Plastic Surgery, General Surgery, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Urology, Gastroenterology, Dermatology, Physiotherapy etc.
- It has 32 medical and surgical departments and also offers various Packages such as Health Packages, Maternity Packages, Vaccination Packages, and Plastic Surgery Packages.
- It provides an innovative strategy during the pandemic called "Home Care Services" that offers medical expertise and care at the comfort of an individual's home to ensure health and happiness.
- It is a JCI re-accredited institution and got CAP accreditation in the year 2012.
- It implements the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Excellence Model which led the Hospital to receive Dubai Quality Appreciation Award (DQAP) and Dubai Quality Award (DQA) for several years.
- It also received “The Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Excellence Award (MRM)” in 2016.
Cleveland Clinic, Abu Dhabi
- An extension of Cleveland Clinic in USA, the Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi was established in 2015 to provide services for complex and critical care and to develop a rich, world-class healthcare infrastructure within the country.
- Being a multispecialty hospital, it spreads across 14 Institutes and 40 medical and surgical specialities with state-of-the-art technologies and unparalleled patient care.
- It prides itself in its 6 Centres of Excellence comprising Heart & Vascular Institute, Neurological Institute, Eye Institute, Respiratory Institute, and Critical Care Institute.
- Presenting the Clinic's model of care, it upholds the "Patient First" philosophy that ensures delivering the best patient-centred care in every part of their journey. As such, a highly specialised training is given to all caregivers in the Hospital.
- The Hospital has the largest Multidisciplinary Simulation Centre which is an advanced healthcare education through experiential learning in a controlled environment thus resulting in improvised and better patient safety and experience.
- Its priority in the highest standard of healthcare quality and patient safety is reflected in several of its accreditation received from the JCI, the highest "5 Diamonds" rating from the Department of Health, Abu Dhabi’s Muashir assessment; the first to receive the Magnet Accreditation in UAE (the global benchmark in nursing excellence), the JAWDA People’s Choice Award, Arab Board Accreditation, a CAP certified Laboratory, HIMSS Stage 7 Award (the international benchmark for advanced IT to improve patient care) to mention a few.
- It has the International Patient Services that has been serving foreign patients from more than 114 countries around the globe assisting them in their respective personalised plan and treatment. The team also assist in visa, travel plans, tourism etc besides treatment.
- The Hospital is part of the Abu Dhabi Medical Tourism organisation.
Doctors for Gallbladder Cancer Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Medical OncologistConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Dhanaraju Muniswamy is a reputed Medical Oncologist, practicing for more than 10 years in his field.
- He is a gold medalist and the best outgoing student in his super specialty course of DM Medical Oncology.
- He was the first Medical Oncologist that worked in the Hospital in Maldives.
- He has expertise in the management of cases: like breast cancers, gastrointestinal oncology, lung problems, Lymphomas, preventive oncology, and targeted and immunotherapy.
- He helped create awareness by conducting cancer screening camps and providing oncological services. He was also among the governing members of the start of the cancer registry in the country.
- As an author, he has over 10 publications in various indexed national and international journals.
- He has won the ISMPO paper presentation.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud has over 15 years of clinical experience as a leading Medical Oncologist.
- Her specialization is Gastrointestinal cancer (including oesophagus, gastric, colon, rectal, liver and pancreas), Solid and Haematology malignancy and Solid Tumour (especially gastrointestinal tract tumour).
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the Syrian Board in Medical Oncology, the Syrian Oncology Society, the Emirate Oncology Society and the Emirates Medical Association.
- She graduated from Damascus University, Syria with an MS (2006).
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud has a Master's degree (2011) in medical oncology from the Minister of Higher Education, Syria.
Medical OncologistSenior Consultant, 25 years of experience
- Medical Oncologist Dr Mohamad Azzam Farouk Ziade has over 25 years of professional expertise.
- He handles Medical Oncology, Clinical Haematology, Hemoglobinopathy hemostatic disorders, Hemophilia, Solid tumours and Bone Marrow Transplants.
- Dr Mohamad Azzam Farouk Ziade is a member of the Emirates Oncology Society and the Emirates Medical Association.
- He obtained a National Diploma from the University of Padova, Italy.
- He completed his Master's degree in Bone Marrow Transplants (2003).
- Dr Mohamad Azzam Farouk Ziade has a Fellowship in Myelodysplasia, Leukemia and Bone Marrow Transplant from the King’s College Hospital, London.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals