Gallbladder Cancer Treatment Cost In GermanyChat
What is Gallbladder Cancer?
Cancer developing in the gall bladder is called gall bladder cancer. It is a small organ that lies below the liver. Its size and location is such that cancerous growth goes undetected easily. There are no such early signs and symptoms. Even in late stages bloating, abdominal pain, and fever are the symptoms.
How is the Procedure Performed?
for treatment of gall bladder common surgery is done known as a cholecystectomy. Followed by chemotherapy and radiotherapy in some cases.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gallbladder Cancer Treatment?
for the treatment, one can consult a gastroenterologist or a general surgeon for the surgery. Opinion of a medical and surgical oncologist is required as well.
A number of tests can be done in order to diagnose gallbladder cancer namely ultrasound, CT scan, FNAC, biopsy, blood test, and ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography ).
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
the success rate isn't very good as the diagnosis is often delayed and symptoms went unnoticed.
The cost of Gallbladder Cancer includes:
Preoperative Diagnostic Tests costs may include [blood tests, ultrasound, CT scan, cholangiography, etc.]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Types of Gall bladder cancer surgery (Open cholecystectomy or Laparoscopic cholecystectomy)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room).
The stage and type of cancer.
Patients may require repeated investigation by PET CT and related tests post-surgery / Post Chemotherapy / Post Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may require knowing the status of the disease during the course of treatment.
An extended stay at the hospital due to health reasons of the patient.
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident. Stay may be longer due to the gap between chemotherapy Cycles and radiation sessions.
Cost related to Gallbladder Cancer Treatment in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Gallbladder Cancer Treatment||USD 8550 to USD 10450|
|Chemotherapy||USD 1800 to USD 2200|
Gallbladder Cancer Treatment in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Gallbladder Cancer Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Gallbladder Cancer Treatment in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Gallbladder Cancer Treatment in Germany
University Hospital Heidelberg
- The University Hospital Heidelberg is one of the biggest medical centers in the Federal Republic of Germany. It is a part of Heidelberg University Medical School, which was founded in 1388, making it the oldest in Germany.
- The hospital operates nearly 1 million outpatients and 65,000 inpatients every year and is well-renowned for treating cancer.
- The Hospital works in partnership with various research institutes one of them being the German Cancer Research Center at the National Center for Tumor Diseases, registered on the American Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- The hospital specializes in diagnosing complex medical conditions and diseases and treating them using innovative technology to ensure optimal treatment with interdisciplinary cooperation.
- There are about 10,000 employees, including 1,600 professors and doctors working at the hospital, and the Chief Doctor of the hospital is the renowned Professor Guido Adler.
- The Heidelberg Curriculum Medicinale (HeiCuMed) is one of the leading medical training institutions in Germany, which at present teaches nearly 3700 physicians.
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
- Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital, Dresden was established in the year 1815 and is one of the oldest and most reputed hospitals in Germany.
- The hospital is famous for its high standards of medical services and is recognised by many certificates received from international quality centers including ISO 19001 and DKG certificates.
- The University Hospital was a part of the “Best quality of medical service and patient care in Germany” list, published by Focus Health magazine and in 2020, 15 departments received the “Top National Hospital” award as well
- Since 2019, the doctors of the neurosurgery department use MRI-3 Tesla to monitor the patient’s state during the surgery, which makes the department one of the most technologically advanced in the country.
- The hospital’s activity is closely overseen by a Supervisory Council, which ensure the hospital upholds its quality and effective management.
- In 2007, the Dresden University Hospital Cancer Center received the “Best oncology center” from the German Cancer Aid Society (DKH).
- Since 2012. the Carl Gustav Carus Orthopaedics and Traumatology Center has been leading the Focus magazine “Best medical facilities in Germany” rating.
- The hospital includes general and special ophthalmological departments with 41 inpatient wards out of which 8 of them are for child patients.
Doctors for Gallbladder Cancer Treatment in Germany
Medical OncologistDirector, 30 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Marion Kiechle is an Internationally renowned Medical Oncologist with +30 years of practice.
- Her area of expertise is Breast cancer, Gynecological cancer and the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of Tumor disease in women.
- She is a member of the German Medical Association, the German Society of Gerontology and Geriatrics and the German Cancer Society.
- Prof. Dr. Marion Kiechle gained her MBBS (1986) from the University of Freiburg.
- She did her specialization in Oncology (1987) at the University of Freiburg.
- She has a PhD (1995) from the University Hospital Freiburg.
- Prof. Dr. Marion Kiechle is the author of several publications and articles.
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianChief, 38 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Michael Untch is a gyne-oncologist with 38+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include preoperative systemic therapy for breast cancer, cancer surgery, sentinel lymph node operations, chemotherapy, uterus conserving surgery for fibroma, urinary incontinence and treatment for uterine dysplasia.
- He graduated from Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich.
- He also completed his postdoctoral research at the department of gynecologic oncology at the University of Miami.
- Dr. Untch did optional studies of internal medicine and surgery in University Hospital, Augsburg and second optional studies of obstetrics and gynecology in University Clinic Munich-Grosshadern.
- He has penned several publications that are published in national and international journals.
Pediatric HematologistDirector, 39 years of experience
- Dr. med. Axel Stang is a hematologist and oncologist with 39+ years of experience.
- He won the Asklepios Award for Innovation in Medicine in 2012.
- He is a member of the Hamburg Medical Association
- He has given guest lectures at the Semmelweis University Budapest.
- Dr. Stang completed graduation followed by post-graduation and PhD.
- He also did basic ultrasound courses and has ESMO Certification in medical oncology.
- He is a member of the German Cancer Society (AIO), German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO), German Society for Internal Medicine (DGIM), German Society for Palliative Medicine, German Society for Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM) and European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO).
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Gallbladder Cancer
Our patient's testimonials related to Pediatric Hematologist
More searches related to Gallbladder Cancer Treatment
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Gallbladder Cancer in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Gallbladder Cancer in other countries compared to Germany is:
- Turkey, USD 8000 to USD 12000, approximately 5% higher than Germany
- Thailand, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 26% higher than Germany
- India, USD 5600 to USD 8400, approximately 26% lower than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 11200 to USD 16800, approximately 47% higher than Germany