Epilepsy Treatment Cost In ThailandChat
What is Epilepsy?
Epilepsy, a brain disorder, is characterized by repeated seizures. A seizure occurs when the brain's electrical activity changes suddenly, altering the patient's behavior.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The treatments for epilepsy include:
- Anti-epileptic drugs (AEDs)
- Brain surgery to remove a small part of the brain that's causing the seizures
- Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) or Deep brain stimulation (DBS) puts a small electrical device inside the body that helps control seizures
Some people need treatment for life. But the therapy might stop if seizures disappear over time.
Who is the Right Doctor for Epilepsy Treatment?
A neurologist can best diagnose and treat epilepsy. Some neurologists take advanced training and become epileptologists, specialists in diagnosing and treating epilepsy.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
If a patient takes medications and has no seizure in the first year post temporal lobe surgery, the likelihood of being seizure-free at two years is 87-90%. In case of no seizure in two years, the possibility of being seizure-free is 95% at five years and 82% at ten years.
The cost of Epilepsy treatment includes:
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost, some of which may include MRI, PET, Neurological examination, etc.
- Surgery cost
- Types of epilepsy surgery (Focal Resection, Temporal Lobe Resection, Frontal Lobe Resection, Parietal and occipital Lobe Resection, Lesionectomy, etc.)
- Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Medicine cost
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- The severity of the disease
- Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as Hemorrhage, Infection, Brain tissue injury, etc.)
- Cost of Blood products (if required)
- An extended stay at the Hospital
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Epilepsy Treatment in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Epilepsy Treatment in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Vejthani Hospital Bangkok, Thailand
- Vejthani Hospital, established in 1994, is one of the leading private international hospitals in Thailand that provides JCI-accredited quaternary health care services.
- Cutting-edge medical technologies, internationally trained specialists, world-class health care standards, and authentic Thai hospitality are their key competencies.
- The hospital serves over 300,000 patients from over 100 countries annually with over 200 inpatient beds.
- Providing a team of knowledgeable translators ensures they are able to communicate effectively in over 20 languages, aptly resolving issues regarding barriers to communication in healthcare.
- Over 300 specialists across multiple specialties at Vejthani Hospital provide a comprehensive range of quaternary medical services, including bone marrow transplant, total joint replacement surgery, kidney transplant, plastic surgery, dental, skin & laser treatment, spine surgery, and gastrointestinal disorder treatment.
- Vejthani Hospital has received one of the highest numbers of Clinical Care Program Certifications (CCPCs) from Joint Commission International (JCI) in the United States, which accredits top-tier hospitals that achieve the highest facilitation for patient safety.
- Vejthani Hospital’s clinical care programs for Diabetes Type II, Hepatitis B, Knee Replacement, and Lumbar Decompression and Fixation have received JCI CCPC.
- As two of the certified fields are subcategories of orthopedics, makes it is popular for patients to claim that the hospital patients gave the hospital the title ‘The King of Bones.
- Vejthani Hospital is the first hospital in the world to receive Hepatitis B CCPC and is the first in Southeast Asia to receive Lumbar Decompression and Fixation CCPC.
Doctors for Epilepsy Treatment in Thailand
Adjunct Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sasitorn Siritho
NeurologistConsultant, 27 years of experience
- Adjunct Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sasitorn Siritho is among the renowned Neurologists in Bangkok, Thailand.
- She has 27 years of experience in her field.
- Her areas of expertise are Multiple Sclerosis and Dementia.
- She completed her M.D., Faculty of Medicine from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 1995.
- She did a Diploma of the Thai Board of Internal Medicine in 1999 and a Diploma of the Thai Board of Neurology in 2005.
- After that, she did a Fellowship in Stroke from the National Stroke Research Institute, Australia, in 2003 and a Fellowship in Multiple Sclerosis from the University of Ottawa, Canada, in 2008.
- She has over 70 publications and research papers to her credit.
NeurologistConsultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Naris Smitasin is a well-known Neurologist having 19 years of experience.
- His areas of expertise are Neurophysiology and Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
- He completed his MD, Faculty of Medicine from Prince of Songkla University in 2003.
- He gained a Fellowship in Neurology, Faculty of Medicine from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, in 2009 and a Fellowship in American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine in 2019.
- He is an active member of The Neurological Society of Thailand.
NeurologistConsultant, 12 years of experience
- Dr. Varuth Sudhthikanueng is a Neurologist Specialist in Thailand.
- He has over 12 years of experience in the field of General Neurology.
- He holds expertise in diagnosing and treating disorders related to the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves.
- In 2009, he pursued a Medical Doctor from the Faculty of Medicine at Chulalongkorn University.
- Further, he achieved certification in Neurology Medicine from the Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University in 2015.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals