Epilepsy Treatment Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Epilepsy?
Epilepsy, a brain disorder, is characterized by repeated seizures. A seizure occurs when the brain's electrical activity changes suddenly, altering the patient's behavior.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The treatments for epilepsy include:
- Anti-epileptic drugs (AEDs)
- Brain surgery to remove a small part of the brain that's causing the seizures
- Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) or Deep brain stimulation (DBS) puts a small electrical device inside the body that helps control seizures
Some people need treatment for life. But the therapy might stop if seizures disappear over time.
Who is the Right Doctor for Epilepsy Treatment?
A neurologist can best diagnose and treat epilepsy. Some neurologists take advanced training and become epileptologists, specialists in diagnosing and treating epilepsy.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
If a patient takes medications and has no seizure in the first year post temporal lobe surgery, the likelihood of being seizure-free at two years is 87-90%. In case of no seizure in two years, the possibility of being seizure-free is 95% at five years and 82% at ten years.
The cost of Epilepsy treatment includes:
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost, some of which may include MRI, PET, Neurological examination, etc.
- Surgery cost
- Types of epilepsy surgery (Focal Resection, Temporal Lobe Resection, Frontal Lobe Resection, Parietal and occipital Lobe Resection, Lesionectomy, etc.)
- Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Medicine cost
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- The severity of the disease
- Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as Hemorrhage, Infection, Brain tissue injury, etc.)
- Cost of Blood products (if required)
- An extended stay at the Hospital
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Epilepsy Treatment in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Epilepsy Treatment||USD 5940 to USD 7260|
Epilepsy Treatment in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Epilepsy Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Epilepsy Treatment in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 22 Hospitals and doctors for Epilepsy Treatment in Malaysia
Ara Damansara Medical Centre, Selangor
Ara Damansara Medical Centre (ADMC), situated in Selangor, Malaysia is part of Ramsay Sime Darby Healthcare (RSDH) which is one of the leading private healthcare groups and a pioneer of advanced medical practices and technologies.
The Medical Centre has extensive medical and surgical specialities such as Breast Surgery, Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, General Surgery, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Oculoplastic Surgery, Oncology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Radiology to mention a few.
It also has a comprehensive Paediatric department which includes Cardiology, Dermatology, Neurology, Ophthalmology & Strabismus Surgery.
The Eye Care Unit is a speciality of the Medical Centre equipped with many of the latest ocular diagnostics and treatment, on par with some of the leading eye centres around the world.
It is supported by cutting edge medical technologies and equipment like 3 Tesla MRI Scanner and Dual Source Flash CT Scanner (low dose).
It has a dedicated International Patient Care Team that helps from hospital appointment and discharge, cost estimation, accommodations, hotels, language interpretation services, and local tours.
Sunway Medical Centre, Selangor
- Sunway Medical Centre, Selangor is a tertiary private healthcare hospital and one of the leading hospitals in the region.
- It offers comprehensive medical and surgical specialities like Cardiology, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Spine Surgery, Infertility Treatments, ENT, Paediatrics and many others.
- It has 26 Centres of Excellence that provide integrated, personalised, and customer-focused services.
- Its excellence in providing cutting edge healthcare services is evident through the many awards it has received like the Malaysia Smart Hospital Company of the Year 2021, Asia Pacific Oncology (Radiation) Service Provider of the Year 2020, Asia Pacific Fertility Hospital of the Year 2020, Asia Pacific Paediatric Ophthalmology Service Provider of the Year 2020, Asia Pacific Medical Tourism Hospital of the Year 2020, CHT Pursuit of Excellence National Award 2020 - Healthcare category, to mention more recent ones.
- It is the first hospital in Southeast Asia to be awarded the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) accreditation.
- It also is accredited as the Europeans Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) designated Centre of Integrated Oncology and Palliative Care for the period of 2019-2021.
- The Medical Centre is supported by avante grade technologies like Gamma Knife ICON, da Vinci robotic-assisted surgical system, Siemens xSPECT-CT, Varian TrueBeam Stx, Philips Azurion, intra operative radiation therapy (IORT) to give the best diagnosis and treatment to patients.
- Sunway Medical Centre is affiliated with University of Cambridge, Royal Papworth Hospital, Harvard Medical School and Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Monash University Malaysia to further its strive for excellence in medical education, training, and research.
- It has an International Patient Centre that supports patients from around the world everything from admission to discharge and follow-up along with accommodations, visa, food, transportation, cost estimation etc.
Pantai Hospital Sungai Petani
- Pantai Hospital Sungai Petani, located in the northern part of Malaysia is one of the many hospitals operated by the Pantai Group, a leading private healthcare service provider in Malaysia.
- It offers 13 medical and surgical specialities like Cardiology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Nephrology, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Orthopaedics Surgery, Paediatrics & Urology.
- It also offers Health Packages in cardiac, maternity, sleep, and for senior citizens.
- The Hospital invests in advanced technical facilities like MRI, 64-Slice CT Scan, Bone Densitometer (DEXA), Digital Mammography, and Ultrasonography to mention a few.
Doctors for Epilepsy Treatment in Malaysia
NeurologistConsultant, 18 years of experience
- Dr Siva Seeta Ramaiah is a trained Neurologist with +18 years of experience.
- He is proficient in Lumbar puncture (LP), Nerve conduction study (NCS), Thrombolytic therapy, Transcranial doppler (TCD) and Stroke.
- He is a member of the Malaysian Medical Association and the Academy of Medicine, Malaysia.
- Dr Siva Seeta Ramaiah earned his MBBS (2001) and M.Med (2009) from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
- He received a fellowship in Neurology from the Malaysian Ministry of Health in 2013.
- He obtained another fellowship in Stroke from the Royal Melbourne Hospital in Australia in 2015.
- Dr Siva Seeta Ramaiah is the author of several publications and articles.
NeurologistConsultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr Yong Fee Mann is a skilled Neurologist with 35 years of clinical expertise.
- She performs treatments such as Botox injection, Electromyography (EMG), Nerve conduction study (NCS), Neurological disorders, Polysomnography, Epilepsy and stroke.
- She is a member of the Medical Council of Malaysia, the Persatuan Epilepsi Malaysia and the Malaysian Society of Neurosciences.
- Dr Yong Fee Mann obtained her MBBS (1984) from the University of Sheffield, UK.
- She is a member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (UK, 1991).
- Dr Yong Fee Mann received subspecialty training (1995) in neuromuscular diseases and general neurology at St Vincent Hospital, Melbourne, Australia.
NeurologistConsultant, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Ng Wai Keong is a renowned Neurologist who has worked in the medical sector for over 30 years.
- He focuses on procedures such as Botox injection for dystonia, Headache pain relief, Migraine treatment, Thrombolytic therapy, Transcranial doppler (TCD), and Stroke.
- He is a member of the Malaysian Medical Council.
- Dr. Ng Wai Keong has completed an MBBS (1989) from the University of NSW, Australia.
- He has obtained MRCP (1993) from the Royal College of Physicians, UK.
- Dr. Ng Wai Keong is well-versed in Bahasa Malaysia, Cantonese, Hokkien and English.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Epilepsy
FAQ videos related to Epilepsy
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Epilepsy in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Epilepsy in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- Turkey, USD 4800 to USD 7200, approximately 9% lower than Malaysia
- India, USD 2640 to USD 3960, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia
- Israel, USD 1600 to USD 2400, approximately 70% lower than Malaysia