Device Closure For Asd Cost In ThailandChat
Cost related to Device Closure For Asd in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) Closure||USD 13500 to USD 16500|
|Device Closure- ASD VSD||USD 17550 to USD 21450|
Device Closure For Asd in Thailand
Popular Cities in Thailand for Device Closure For Asd are:
Are you planning Device Closure For Asd in Thailand?
You are at the right place
Case manager will help you with budget friendly treatment plan, online consult with doctor, visa, airport transfers, hotel bookings, interpreters…and more.
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Device Closure For Asd
What is an Atrial Septal Defect?
Before and after image of Atrial Septal Defect.
Types of Atrial Septal Defect.
Treatment for Atrial Septal Defect.
Symptoms of Atrial Septal Defect.
Doctors for Device Closure For Asd in Thailand
Dr. Apichai Khongphatthanayothin
Pediatric CardiologistConsultant, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Apichai Khongphatthanayothin is a Knowledgeable Thai Pediatric Cardiologist with 30 years of expertise.
- He does Paediatric Cardiology, Cardiovascular Genetics, and Paediatric Cardiovascular Genetics Treatments.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council, the American Board of Pediatric Cardiology, the American Board of Pediatrics, the Thai Board of Pediatric Cardiology and the Thai Board of Pediatrics.
- Dr. Apichai Khongphatthanayothin has completed MD (1989) from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
- He studied Pediactrics (2000) and Pediactric Cardiology (2005) from Siriraj Hospital, Thailand.
- Dr. Apichai Khongphatthanayothin is well-versed in Thai and English.
Pediatric CardiologistConsultant, 33 years of experience
- Dr. Kritvikrom Durongpisitkul is an eminent Pediatric Cardiologist having 33 years of experience in the medical field.
- His clinical interests are Pediatric cardiology and Interventional Cardiac Catheterization.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council and the American Board of Pediatrics, US.
- Dr. Kritvikrom Durongpisitkul has completed MD (1989) from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand.
- He become a Diplomate of The American Board of Pediatrics in 1994.
- He also gained a Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology in 1997.
- Dr. Kritvikrom Durongpisitkul is well-versed in Thai and English.
Pediatric CardiologistConsultant, 32 years of experience
- Dr. Suthep Wanitkun, a Paediatric Cardiologist with more than 32 years of experience in Thailand, is a medical expert.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council.
- Dr. Suthep Wanitkun has completed MD (1987) from Siriraj Hospital, Thailand.
- He studied Pediatrics (1993) from Ramathibodee Hospital, Thailand.
- He did his Pediatric Cardiology and Echocardiography training (2000) from the Oregon Health Sciences University, US.
- Dr. Suthep Wanitkun is well-versed in Thai and English.
Device Closure For Asd Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Device Closure For Asd - Most Frequently Asked Questions
ASD closure is the procedure for closing the artial septal defect which is the hole in the heart, this is the abnormal opening in the wall of the heart which closes few weeks or months after birth.
If the hole is small and it is not causing any problem then no treatment is needed but if the ASD is large blood can leak into the wrong chamber of the heart which can make the heart and lung to work harder and it can result in enlarged heart, heart failure, high pressure in lungs, shortness of breath and stroke.
There are various techniques of ASD closure which needs open heart surgery. The hole can be covered with a patch made up of synthetic material or plugged with a closure device or sewn with sutures.
During the Device Closure For Asd - Most Frequently Asked Questions
ASD closure is always done by a cardiologist or any heart surgeon who are specialist in this procedure.
This surgery is done under general anaesthesia. An incision is made in your chest down the middle of the chest over breastbone, or on the right side of the chest. A special tube is being used for spreading the ribs then by using a endoscope ASD is located and it is closed with a plug, patch or sutures.
This procedure is used if you have smaller ASD and no other heart condition is see along with it which needs to be corrected. An incision is made in the femoral vein and sometimes also in the femoral artery of your hour joint. Then a thin tube called catheter is inserted which holds the closure device on one end and by using an imaging technology such as X ray and echocardiogram catheter and device is guided through the vein to your heart and closure device is closed in your heart. Catheter is removed at last.
After Device Closure For Asd - Most Frequently Asked Questions
After ASD closure you will be kept under observation till you are completely recovered from anaesthesia. You have to be in hospital for one or more night depending on the type of procedure you have undergone.
ASD closure can reduce the symptoms and complications associated with a hole in your heart which can protect your heart and lungs, helping you live a longer.
Some of the risks of the procedure are arrhythmia, bleeding, damage or puncture of heart tissue, infection of the incision, kidney failure, allergy to materials or mini stroke.
It will take around six months to recover completely from the procedure. You may have to undergo some tests such as ambulatory monitors, echocardiograms, electrocardiograms and exercise stress test.
Rarely, some people need repeat surgery to close an opening left behind after ASD closure or a reopened hole but it is a very rare procedure if the hole is large enough to cause problems.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Device Closure For Asd
FAQ videos related to Device Closure For Asd
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Device Closure For Asd in other countries, compared to Thailand?
Approximate price of Device Closure For Asd in other countries compared to Thailand is:
- Turkey, USD 6400 to USD 9600, approximately 47% lower than Thailand
- India, USD 3920 to USD 5880, approximately 67% lower than Thailand
- Malaysia, USD 7840 to USD 11760, approximately 35% lower than Thailand