Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery Cost In IndiaChat
What is Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery?
Deep brain stimulation, or DBS, is a surgical method of treating a particular type of Parkinson's disease. If a patient has Parkinson's disease, he might have aggravated symptoms like shaking, tremors, rigidity, and loss of movement control.
These symptoms make a person dependent on simple daily routine things. That's why it needs interventional treatment.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In the Deep brain stimulation technique, a small pacemaker device is installed in the chest area, which triggers the area of the brain which has control over the body.
These signals block some nerve conduction, which is unknowingly being passed to the organs.
This way, symptoms mainly subside.
The procedure is done in two steps. In the first step, thin wires or electrodes are placed, and in the second step, a pacemaker is installed.
Who is the Right Doctor for Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery?
Medical specialists who deal with such cases and treatments are Neurologists and Neurosurgeons.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The five-year survival rate for DBS-treated patients is around 50%, and the quality of life is being improved to a very great extent.
A patient can manage his symptoms, do day-to-day activities independently, and have a sense of independence backed up.
The cost of Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery includes:
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (Neurological evaluations, MRI, Cognitive assessment, etc.)
- Surgery cost
- Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Medicine cost
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing or single room)
- The severity of the disease
- Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as abnormal sensations, numbness, tingling, and involuntary muscle contractions)
- Cost of Blood products (if required)
- An extended stay at the Hospital
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Deep Brain Stimulation (non-rechargeable)||Rs.1021200 to Rs.1361600|
|Parkinson's Disease||Rs.976800 to Rs.1302400|
|Deep Brain Stimulation||Rs.377400 to Rs.503200|
Top hospitals and doctors for Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery in IndiaFilter
Showing 132 Hospitals and doctors for Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery in India
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
The neurosurgical experts deliver the superlative degree of clinical care with a focus on using minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.
The team is highly skilled in treating conditions such as a cerebral aneurysm, Arteriovenous Malformations, Subarachnoid Haemorrhage, Metastatic Spinal Column Tumours etc
The neurosurgery is well-armed with the modern equipment to perform deep brain stimulation, brain aneurysm coiling, brain and spinal arteriovenous malformations embolization, intracranial angioplasty and stenting and many more.
Presently, the latest neuro intervention implants are being deployed such as Flow diverters, Liquid embolization agents like Squid and Phil, low profile intracranial stents and newer intracranial balloons.
Approximately 250-300 neurointerventional procedures are conducted each year.
Dr.Vijay K Dixit, one of the best neurosurgeons in India, works with the hospital has an experience of about 18 years.
So far, he has performed about 10,000 spinal and neural angiograms, 2000 neuro-intervention procedures and more than 1400 aneurysm coiling procedures.
- Established in 1991, Manipal Hospital is the third largest healthcare network in India.
- It is NABH and NABL (ISQUA) accredited.
- It is also ISO 9001:2008 certified for all comprehensive protocols including clinical, nursing, diagnostics and allied areas.
- Manipal Hospitals have 5 branches in Bangalore: Whitefield, Brookefield, Old Airport Road, Malleshwaram and Jayanagar.
- Offers more than 60 specialties under one roof.
- Manipal Hospital Whitefield is 284-bedded inpatient facility.
- It is also accredited with the AAHRPP Accreditation (Association for the Accreditation of the Human Research Protection Programs)
- The hospital is rated the Most Patient Recommended Hospital in India by the Consumer Voice.
- It is ranked as the Best Hospital in Bangalore for the past 8 years by The Week Magazine.
- Ranked among the top 5 hospitals in “INDIA’S MOST CARING HOSPITALS” survey.
- Won the prestigious Golden Peacock National Quality Award 2005 in the Service category.
Doctors for Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery in India
NeurosurgeonDirector, 27 years of experience
- Dr Sandeep Vaishya is one of the top Neurosurgeons in India.
- He has 27+ years of experience in the field & has been associated with some of the best hospitals in India.
- His specializations are Intracranial Brain Tumour Surgery, Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery, Skull Base Surgery, Brain Surgery, General Surgery, Minimally Invasive Brain, Spine Surgery & Image-Guided Neurosurgery, Peripheral Nerve Surgery, and Brachial Plexus Surgery.
- Dr. Vaishya has completed his MBBS & MS from the well-known G R Medical College, Gwalior. Following which he did his MCh at the prestigious AIIMS, Delhi.
- He is an awardee of the Sundt Fellowship at Mayo Clinic, USA.
- He is one of the leading surgeons in the world for brachial plexus Injuries and in South Asia for Gamma Knife Surgery.
- He did several successful surgeries in the field of neurosurgery.
- Dr. Vaishya's treatment for Hydrocephalus was also featured in the popular Netflix documentary Rooting for Roona.
Cost of consultation for Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery with Dr. Sandeep Vaishya starts from INR 2000.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr Arun Saroha is a renowned brain & spine surgeons in India.
- With an experience of over 19 years, he is one of the first few to perform Scoliosis surgery in India.
- On completing his MS from RNT Medical College, Udaipur, he did his Mch (Neurosurgery) from the renowned PGI Chandigarh.
- He has more than 8000 brain and spine surgeries to his credit.
- He is a visiting faculty to various famous organisations like Ferdinand Church University, Nigeria, Baghdad University ,Baghdad,
- Dr Arun as his expertise in Brain Tumour Surgery, Brain Aneurysms, Spine Surgeries, Spine Instrumentation surgeries, Management of head injury patients.
Cost of consultation for Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery with Dr. Arun Saroha starts from INR 1400.
NeurosurgeonDirector, 24 years of experience
- Dr. Rana Patir is one of the eminent Neurosurgeons in India for all kinds of brain surgeries like brain tumor surgery, deep brain stimulation surgery, surgery for meningioma, and brain stem tumor surgery.
- Expertise’s Epilepsy Surgery, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neuromodulation (for pain management), Skull Base Surgery, Neurovascular Surgery, and Minimal Invasive Brain & Spine Surgeries which include Fusion and Fixation, Kyphoplasty, Disc Replacement Surgery, sleep disorders etc.
- He has 25 years of experience in the field specializing in Brain Tumor Surgeries.
- He has over 10,000 neurological procedures to his credit.
- He is a professor of Neurology at the Guwahati Medical College.
- He has been a teaching faculty at AIIMS and at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, and has been the Director of the Neurosurgery Department at Max Hospital, New Delhi, India.
- Interests are Spine Surgery, Endoscopic Surgery, Stereotactic Surgery for movement disorders, Surgery at Craniovertebral Junction, Extra Cranial-Intra Cranial Bypass Surgery, Complex Head and Neck Procedures, Reconstructive Surgery, Neurosurgery, Skull Base Surgery, and Epilepsy
Cost of consultation for Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery with Dr. Rana Patir starts from INR 1675.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals