Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Cost In ThailandChat
What is Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy?
CRT-D is an implantable cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) defibrillator for patients with heart failure. The device monitors the heart's rhythm, detects irregularities, and corrects them with electrical impulses.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy procedure involves a small incision, approximately 2 inches, in the upper chest. Three leads (thin insulated wires) will be guided through a vein and into the heart and the doctor will connect the leads to the implanted heart device, test the device, and program the settings.
Who is the Right Doctor for Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy?
The right doctor to consult for CRT- D Implant (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy) is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The usual success rate of Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy varies between 68-72%.
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok
- Established on 17 September 1980, the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok is a global pioneer in giving the best international standard healthcare services and one of the largest private multi-speciality hospitals in South East Asia with patients coming from over 190 countries annually.
- It is a one-stop healthcare destination for all types of patients with the ability to handle complex care needs.
- It practices a one-price policy for all patients regardless of whether they are local or international patients ensuring the principle value of "care for the people."
- It is a tertiary care hospital having over 45 Centres and Clinics namely, Arrhythmia Centre, Breast Centre, Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre, Children's (Paediatric) Centre, Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Digestive Disease (GI) Centre, Fertility Centre & IVF Clinic, Heart (Cardiology) Centre, Orthopaedic Centre, Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Centre, Spine Institute and many more.
- It is the only hospital in Thailand using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- It offers many Health Packages under various departments like Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound packages, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Packages, and Heart Disease Screening packages to mention a few.
- Being a leader in innovative patient services and medical technologies, it utilises state-of-the-art technologies like CardioInsight, a non-invasive diagnostics technology for diagnosing heart arrhythmias - the only active centre in the Asia Pacific.
- It was also the first IBM Watson - a machine-learning AI for Oncology sites in the world, enabling doctors and specialists to analyse patients' data against traditional means by a quicker and most accurate treatment possible.
- The Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre uses the MAKOplasty©, Mazor X and the da Vinci System having better consistency, accuracy, and faster recovery with less invasiveness in joint, spine, and cancer surgeries.
- It is the first private hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute, the first private hospital in Thailand to be awarded the Thailand Quality Class Award for organizational excellence, the first hospital to receive the award for Excellence in Health Tourism, receives Advanced Hospital Accreditation by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute of Thailand, and the first hospital in Asia to accredited The College of American Pathologists.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited since 2002, the first hospital in Asia to be DNV GL MIR Certified for Infection Risk in 2017, and the first non-USA hospital to receive the Global Healthcare Accreditation with Excellence designation from GHA - a reflection of the highest international quality and safety standards for overseas patients going to the hospital for treatment and care.
- It was listed as the best hospitals in Thailand for 2 consecutive years and one of the top 150 hospitals in the world in 2022.
- It has over 200 interpreters for patients whose language of communication is not English.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Doctors for Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in Thailand
CardiologyHOD, 33 years of experience
- Dr.Thaveekiat Vasavakul is a popular Cardiologist in Thailand.
- He is a Cardiac Surgeon with 33 years of vast experience in the field.
- The doctor has training in Cardiovascular Diseases like Angiography and Electrophysiology.
- He specializes in adult cardiac surgery, as well as minimally invasive heart surgery.
- Dr. Thaveekiat graduated from Chulalongkorn University Faculty of Medicine in 1988.
- The Doctor best way to communicate in English, Thai with their patients.
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 24 years of experience
- Dr. Pornchai Jitmonmana is one of the best cardiothoracic surgeons having 24+ years of experience in this field.
- He is dexterous in treating advanced heart failure and cardiovascular surgery, percutaneous Trans luminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA): Balloon, permanent pacemaker implantation, and coronary artery stenting.
- His other areas of expertise are interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, Rot ablator, AICD (Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator) etc.
- He pursued M.D (1996) from Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, and Diploma (Thai Board of Surgery) from Chaoprayayomraj Suphanburi (2003), Thailand.
Prof. Charn Sriratanasathavorn
ElectrophysiologistProfessor, 30 years of experience
- Prof. Charn Sriratanasathavorn is one of the best cardiologists having 30+ years of experience in this field.
- He is adept in treating acute myocardial infarction, blood pressure, cardiomyopathies, atherosclerosis, and atrial fibrillation.
- His other areas of expertise are clinical cardiology, Pacemaker, electrocardiography, cardiovascular physiology, and Radiofrequency ablation.
- He is member of various esteemed associations which include: The Medical Council of Thailand, The Heart Association of Thailand, The Royal College of Physicians of Thailand, The Thai Society of Atherosclerosis, and The American College of Cardiology.
- He pursued MD (1987) from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, and Internal Medicine (1991) from Wayne State University, United States.
Before Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
A CRT-D is an implantable cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) defibrillator for patients with heart failure which monitor heart's rhythm, detects irregularities and corrects them with electrical impulses.
It's called a cardiac resynchronization therapy pacemaker (CRT-P) or “biventricular pacemaker.” The other is the same device, but it also includes a built-in implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD). This type is called a cardiac resynchronization therapy defibrillator (CRT-D).
Yes, CRT-D is very safe procedure. The devices being used for the procedure is being approved by FDA.
Usually there are two types of CRT device one is called CRT-P ( cardiac resynchronization therapy pacemaker) and the other is same device but it also includes built-in implantable cardioverter defibrillator.
CRT-D device is a special device for heart failure patients who are also at high risk for sudden cardiac death. CRT-D devices treats the fast rhytms of heart which can result in sudden cardiac arrest. If the device which are sensing the heartbeats are very fast then it will deliver a shock to heart, that shock will stop the abnormal rhythm of heart.
Heart failure is a chronic and progressive disease the early use of CRT therapy will help you in keeping alive for longer time. If you are having any symptoms the CRT device has the ability to improve your health which in turn will improve your life also. CRT device does not totally cure the heart failure but many patients who have received CRT will feel better and get relief from symptoms and they will get more energy in participating in daily activities.
The median survival after device implantation is 4.62 years for CRT-P and 5.15 years for CRT-D.
In this procedure the surgeon will insert three leads into the major vein near your collarbone and by using x ray the surgeon will guide the leads through the veins and then place them into the upper and lower chamber of heart. At last, CRT-D is being implanted by making an incision below the skin.
CRT-D is a special device which is used for treating high risk of getting death due to cardiac disease. This device functions like normal pacemaker for treating the heart rhythms. This device also delivers small electrical impulses to the left and right ventricles and also helps them to contract simultaneously.
CRT is a treatment which is being done for make your heart beat in right rhythm this device uses a pacemaker which restores the normal timing pattern of heartbeat. This pacemaker coordinates with the timings of both upper and lower heart chambers.
You can go for CRT-D placement if your LVEF≤ 35% or moderate to severe if it is seen on any latest echocardiogram or any contrast ventriculogram or MRI.
During the Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The surgery takes around two to four hours to complete.
A small incision, approximately 2 inches, will be made in the upper chest. Three leads (thin insulated wires) will be guided through a vein and into the heart which will connect the leads to the implanted heart device, test the device, and program the settings.
On a regular basis the doctor will check your CRT device and overall health. The follow up plan includes the regular visit to the dentist, it is important for you to attend the follow up visit of doctor. Doctor and nurse will use programmer to make sure that CRT device is working properly to treat your heart. Your doctor can get important data from your CRT device—such as whether it delivered high-energy therapy or how much energy is left in the battery.
Your doctor will give you the instructions about your prepare yourself for surgery, you will be advised to stop taking the blood thinner medications for few days before surgery. You will also be advised to not eat or drink anything for 12 hours before surgery.
CRT-D is very simple surgery and it lasts for about two to four hours, it is not an open heart surgery. You will get antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection.
In the process of CRT-D implantation the surgeon will insert three leads into the major vein near your collarbone. By taking x ray for visibility the surgeon will guide the leads through your vein and then place them into the upper and lower chamber of heart.
After Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The recovery after the procedure will take few days to months, while you are recovering the you will be allowed to avoid strenuous activities such as lifting and using your upper body by doing these it ensures that you have the time to attach your heart tissue.
Having a CRT device can be a major turning point in your life. Afterward, you may feel sad or worried. It’s an event that may change your thoughts and feelings about your health. Some people may feel vulnerable at first because they depend on an implanted device.
The sensation of CRT therapy varies from person to person and depends on the type of therapy your device delivers. When a CRT-D device shocks the heart in order to slow down a fast heartbeat, it uses higher energy. This gives a feeling that some people describe as a “kick in the chest.”
Your permanent Medical Device Identification Card will be mailed to you a few weeks after your implant. This wallet-sized card helps identify you as a patient.
Patients with a CRT device can feel confident and safe when traveling. The Medical Device ID card that you receive with your device helps alert medical and security personnel that you have an implanted CRT device. It’s important to carry your card when traveling because the device contains metal parts that may set off airport security metal detector alarms.
Usually having a CRT device does not prohibit you from driving, although you may be asked to wait to drive during the early stage of recovery. In some cases, restrictions are necessary.
Sexual intimacy is not a medical risk in patients with CRT, because the natural heart rate increase that occurs during sex is the same as the heart rate increase when you exercise.
It is advisable to not remove CRT-D till you have got an infection.
You have to stay in hospital for one or two days after the surgery.
You have to monitor the healing of your incision. Your arm’s range of motion will probably be limited until the wound is completely healed. In some patients, the CRT-D forms a small, visible bulge underneath the skin.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals