Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy?
CRT-D is an implantable cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) defibrillator for patients with heart failure. The device monitors the heart's rhythm, detects irregularities, and corrects them with electrical impulses.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy procedure involves a small incision, approximately 2 inches, in the upper chest. Three leads (thin insulated wires) will be guided through a vein and into the heart and the doctor will connect the leads to the implanted heart device, test the device, and program the settings.
Who is the Right Doctor for Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy?
The right doctor to consult for CRT- D Implant (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy) is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The usual success rate of Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy varies between 68-72%.
Cost related to Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|CRT- D Implant (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy)||USD 30600 to USD 37400|
Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 16 Hospitals and doctors for Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in Malaysia
Pantai Hospital Penang
Pantai Hospital Penang is one of the many hospitals owned by the Pantai Group, a leading healthcare services provider in Malaysia.
The Hospital specialises in Neurology and Cardiology besides having excellent medical and patient care in departments like Oncology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatrics, Renal Medicines, Urology and others.
It has three Centres of Excellence namely, the Cancer Centre, Heart Centre, and Stroke Centre.
It is accredited by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) that is under the Ministry of Health.
It is supported by cutting edge medical and surgical technologies like 160-Slice CT Scan, 64-Slice CT Scan, Bone Densitometer (DEXA), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Mammography, Ultrasonography to mention a few.
The Hospital also has an International Patient Centre that will assist international patients from appointment to discharge along with complimentary chauffeured services to hotels or accommodations in Penang.
It also offers a choice of Health Screening Packages for both men and women.
- Managed by the Beverly Wilshire Group, Beverly Wilshire Damansara Clinic, Petaling Jaya is an integrated beauty medical centre.
- It provides services for Aesthetic Medicine for different kinds of skin conditions on the face along with Non-surgical Nose Reshaping and Non-surgical V-Shape Face, Fat Reductions, Hair removal, Non-surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation, Graceful Aging, and Excessive Sweating.
- The Clinic is licensed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) Malaysia and a member of the Malaysian Healthcare Travel Council (MHTC).
- Beverly Wilshire has been bestowed with many awards such as The BrandLaureate's SMEs BestBrands Award 2020 - Man of The Year & Brand of The Year, Frost & Sullivan's Malaysia Excellence Award 2016 to mention a few.
- The Clinic is equipped with the latest cutting edge technologies and facilities to serve patients with the best aesthetic procedures and outcomes.
Pantai Hospital, Ampang
- With almost 20 years of medical and surgical care, the Pantai Hospital, Ampang offers excellent medical and surgical expertise with the latest high-end technologies.
- Being part of the Pantai Group - a well-known provider of healthcare services, it specialises in Cardiology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Otorhinolaryngology (ENT), Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Renal Medicine, Internal Medicine and Respiratory Medicine.
- It has well-equipped Imaging and Radiology Services providing 24/7 services which include services such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), CT scan, Mammography, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Fluropscopy etc.
- The Hospital also offers Health Screening Packages, Cardiac (Angio) Packages, Maternity Packages, and a Corporate Wellness Programme.
Doctors for Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in Malaysia
ElectrophysiologistConsultant, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Lim Tye Leng is a renowned cardiologist.
- She is adept in performing bypass surgeries and angioplasty.
- Her expertise is in the areas of heart diseases, congestive heart failure, and Arrhythmia.
- After completing her MBChB from National University of Ireland, she has done MRC, and Diploma in Cardiology from University of London (U.K.).
ElectrophysiologistConsultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Ahmad Nizar B Jamaluddin is a reputed and knowledgeable Cardiologist with 35 years of rich experience.
- His areas of specialization are Electrophysiology, CT Coronary Angiography, Angioplasty, Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy, etc.
- He completed MD from University Kebangsaan, Malaysia, in 1986, MRCP from Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom, in 1991, and Fellowship from American College of Cardiology in 2004.
- He was a member of the National Heart Association of Malaysia, Cardiology Credential Committee Academy of Medicine Malaysia, and the National Heart Association of Malaysia.
ElectrophysiologistConsultant, 13 years of experience
- Dr. Lim Chiao Wen is a well-known Cardiologist having experience of 13 years.
- She is adept in performing electrophysiology services, and specializes in syncope and arrhythmias.
- She has publications in reputed journals.
- She has completed MBChB from Glasgow (2007), MRCP from UK (2011), and was awarded Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology (FNHAM) from London.
Before Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
A CRT-D is an implantable cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) defibrillator for patients with heart failure which monitor heart's rhythm, detects irregularities and corrects them with electrical impulses.
It's called a cardiac resynchronization therapy pacemaker (CRT-P) or “biventricular pacemaker.” The other is the same device, but it also includes a built-in implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD). This type is called a cardiac resynchronization therapy defibrillator (CRT-D).
Yes, CRT-D is very safe procedure. The devices being used for the procedure is being approved by FDA.
Usually there are two types of CRT device one is called CRT-P ( cardiac resynchronization therapy pacemaker) and the other is same device but it also includes built-in implantable cardioverter defibrillator.
CRT-D device is a special device for heart failure patients who are also at high risk for sudden cardiac death. CRT-D devices treats the fast rhytms of heart which can result in sudden cardiac arrest. If the device which are sensing the heartbeats are very fast then it will deliver a shock to heart, that shock will stop the abnormal rhythm of heart.
Heart failure is a chronic and progressive disease the early use of CRT therapy will help you in keeping alive for longer time. If you are having any symptoms the CRT device has the ability to improve your health which in turn will improve your life also. CRT device does not totally cure the heart failure but many patients who have received CRT will feel better and get relief from symptoms and they will get more energy in participating in daily activities.
The median survival after device implantation is 4.62 years for CRT-P and 5.15 years for CRT-D.
In this procedure the surgeon will insert three leads into the major vein near your collarbone and by using x ray the surgeon will guide the leads through the veins and then place them into the upper and lower chamber of heart. At last, CRT-D is being implanted by making an incision below the skin.
CRT-D is a special device which is used for treating high risk of getting death due to cardiac disease. This device functions like normal pacemaker for treating the heart rhythms. This device also delivers small electrical impulses to the left and right ventricles and also helps them to contract simultaneously.
CRT is a treatment which is being done for make your heart beat in right rhythm this device uses a pacemaker which restores the normal timing pattern of heartbeat. This pacemaker coordinates with the timings of both upper and lower heart chambers.
You can go for CRT-D placement if your LVEF≤ 35% or moderate to severe if it is seen on any latest echocardiogram or any contrast ventriculogram or MRI.
During the Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The surgery takes around two to four hours to complete.
A small incision, approximately 2 inches, will be made in the upper chest. Three leads (thin insulated wires) will be guided through a vein and into the heart which will connect the leads to the implanted heart device, test the device, and program the settings.
On a regular basis the doctor will check your CRT device and overall health. The follow up plan includes the regular visit to the dentist, it is important for you to attend the follow up visit of doctor. Doctor and nurse will use programmer to make sure that CRT device is working properly to treat your heart. Your doctor can get important data from your CRT device—such as whether it delivered high-energy therapy or how much energy is left in the battery.
Your doctor will give you the instructions about your prepare yourself for surgery, you will be advised to stop taking the blood thinner medications for few days before surgery. You will also be advised to not eat or drink anything for 12 hours before surgery.
CRT-D is very simple surgery and it lasts for about two to four hours, it is not an open heart surgery. You will get antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection.
In the process of CRT-D implantation the surgeon will insert three leads into the major vein near your collarbone. By taking x ray for visibility the surgeon will guide the leads through your vein and then place them into the upper and lower chamber of heart.
After Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The recovery after the procedure will take few days to months, while you are recovering the you will be allowed to avoid strenuous activities such as lifting and using your upper body by doing these it ensures that you have the time to attach your heart tissue.
Having a CRT device can be a major turning point in your life. Afterward, you may feel sad or worried. It’s an event that may change your thoughts and feelings about your health. Some people may feel vulnerable at first because they depend on an implanted device.
The sensation of CRT therapy varies from person to person and depends on the type of therapy your device delivers. When a CRT-D device shocks the heart in order to slow down a fast heartbeat, it uses higher energy. This gives a feeling that some people describe as a “kick in the chest.”
Your permanent Medical Device Identification Card will be mailed to you a few weeks after your implant. This wallet-sized card helps identify you as a patient.
Patients with a CRT device can feel confident and safe when traveling. The Medical Device ID card that you receive with your device helps alert medical and security personnel that you have an implanted CRT device. It’s important to carry your card when traveling because the device contains metal parts that may set off airport security metal detector alarms.
Usually having a CRT device does not prohibit you from driving, although you may be asked to wait to drive during the early stage of recovery. In some cases, restrictions are necessary.
Sexual intimacy is not a medical risk in patients with CRT, because the natural heart rate increase that occurs during sex is the same as the heart rate increase when you exercise.
It is advisable to not remove CRT-D till you have got an infection.
You have to stay in hospital for one or two days after the surgery.
You have to monitor the healing of your incision. Your arm’s range of motion will probably be limited until the wound is completely healed. In some patients, the CRT-D forms a small, visible bulge underneath the skin.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Crt D Implant Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- India, USD 13600 to USD 20400, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia