Cornea Transplant Cost In TurkeyChat
What is involved in the procedure?
Corneal transplantation, also known as corneal grafting, is a surgical procedure where a damaged or diseased cornea is replaced by donated corneal tissue. When the entire cornea is replaced it is known as penetrating keratoplasty and when only part of the cornea is replaced it is known as lamellar keratoplasty.
What is Cornea Transplant?
A cornea transplant replaces diseased or scarred corneal tissue with healthy tissue from an organ donor.
Who is the Right Doctor for Cornea Transplant?
The right doctor to consult for Cornea Surgery is an Ophthalmologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate varies between 72-92%.
The side effects may include Eye infection, Increased risk of clouding of the eye's lens (cataract), Pressure increase within the eyeball (glaucoma), Problems with the stitches used to secure the donor cornea, Rejection of the donor cornea, etc.
Cost related to Cornea Transplant in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|CORNEA TRANSPLANT||USD 11700 to USD 14300|
|CORNEA TRANSPLANT||USD 11700 to USD 14300|
|Cornea Transplant||USD 5130 to USD 6270|
|Corneal Transplantation - Eye Transplant||USD 6300 to USD 7700|
Cornea Transplant in Turkey
Popular Cities in Turkey for Cornea Transplant are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Cornea Transplant in TurkeyFilter
Showing 28 Hospitals and doctors for Cornea Transplant in Turkey
Emsey Hospital, Pendik
- The Emsey Hospital, Pendik aims to provide the best health quality services, Their team comprises well-trained specialists having extensive experience and the departments are well equipped with the latest treatment modalities.
- The Emsey Hospital’s Opthalmology department deals with the diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases and disorders.
- They provide services such as management of Refractive errors, Glaucoma, Strabismus, Squint, Cataract, Retina disorders, Droopy eyelid, Inverted eyelashes, Eyelid tumors, Stye, Eyelid cysts, Congenital obstruction of tear ducts, Dry eyes, Trauma of the tear tract, Orbital tumors, Eye nerve tumors, etc.
Medistanbul Hospital, Istanbul
- Located at the center of Istanbul’s transportation network of the European side, Medistanbul Hospital offers 24*7 medical needs meeting international standards.
- The staff follows the principle of ‘customer satisfaction and a multidisciplinary approach to serving its patients across the globe.
- The hospital along with its sub-branches has technical infrastructure and advanced medical technology.
- The hospital serves its patients with an active capacity of 100 beds.
- Established in 2015 by Op. Dr. Mehmet Soyler, Batigoz Eye Hospital is a renowned medical institution that is specialized in Eye Care.
- Today they have successfully grown 11 clinics and 1 checkup center across 9 different cities in 4 different countries.
- The headquarter of Batıgöz is located in Cankaya/Izmir with a covered area of 1600 m2, two operating rooms, 7 examination rooms, Excimer Laser rooms, private patient rooms, which are available with a capacity of 8 beds.
- The network of Batigoz medical centers today is one of the largest networks of highly specialized ophthalmological clinics in the region.
- The hospitals are the best in the field of all types of laser surgery and laser vision correction, glaucoma treatment, cataract surgical treatment, implantation of artificial intraocular lenses (artificial lens), and the treatment of other ophthalmic pathologies.
- They have a team of highly qualified and experienced physicians who provide a wide range of high-quality eye care treatment to any patient by cutting-edge technology and scientific research.
- Every year, thousands of patients receive high-quality medical care from specialists of the ophthalmological center: laser coagulation, blepharoplasty, vitrectomy, ophthalmic lens, lens, iris, corneal transplantation, treatment of nerve atrophy, exophthalmos, glaucoma, retina detachment.
- They have a team of around 50 specialists and other medical staff that is available round the clock.
Doctors for Cornea Transplant in Turkey
OphthalmologistConsultant, 37 years of experience
- Dr. Davut Kohen is a renowned Ophthalmologist and has experience of more than 37 years.
- His medical interest lies in Retinal Diseases, Cataract Surgery, and Refractive Surgery.
- He has expertise over the treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy, Dry Eye, Glaucoma, Hyperopia, Macular Degeneration, Myopia, and Presbyopia.
- Dr. Davut has publications in several international & national journals.
OphthalmologistHead of Department, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Ömer Kamil Doğan is an Ophthalmologist with 35+ years of experience.
- His clinical interests include General Eye Examination, Cataract surgery, Glaucoma, Corneal Diseases, Conjunctival Diseases and Corneal Transplant.
- He has 175 Scientific publications in national and international journals and 3 chapters related to eye diseases in a book.
- Dr. Doğan completed his graduation from Ankara University and under-graduation in Eye Diseases from Ankara University, USA.
- He is a member of the Turkish Society of Ophthalmology and the Turkish Medical Association.
OphthalmologistConsultant, 34 years of experience
- Dr. Faik Bankeroğlu
Before Cornea Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
A cornea transplant (keratoplasty) is a surgical procedure to replace part of your cornea with corneal tissue from a donor. It is NOT a major surgery.
Most corneal transplants last well beyond 10 years.
You'll probably remain awake during the transplant but you may receive a sedative to help you relax. Your surgeon will inject local anesthetic around the eye to prevent pain and to keep your eye muscles from moving.
Your eye colour will not change after a corneal transplant.
In favorable subjects the rate of success of corneal transplantation may be as high as 90%.
Your eyesight should gradually improve a few weeks after a corneal graft but it could take anywhere from a couple of months up to a year to have stable vision in the eye that receives the donor tissue.
For transplant procedures that use a gas bubble inside the eye to help position the transplanted tissue the surgeon may ask you to lie flat sometimes during the day and sleep flat on your back at night for a few days.
Cornea transplant is the surgery which is used to remove all or part of damaged cornea and then replace it with healthy donor tissue; it is used to improve sight and relieve pain and to treat severe infection or damage.
You may be the candidate for corneal transplant if you are having problem in vision due to keratoconous or other condition which causes cornea to become thinner. You may also need transplant if you have any scar due to previous injury or infection.
Cornea transplant is a very safe procedure but it there is always some risk of the procedure such as an eye infection and its pressure increases within the eyeball.
The success rate of corneal transplant 91% some of the indications of corneal transplant is keratoconus, bullous keratopathy and failure of previous graft. Most common causes of graft failure were rejection, infection and glaucoma.
During the Cornea Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Its an 1 hour procedure.
Corneal transplant will usually take less than an hour depending on your condition whether you should be in the hospital or you need overnight stay. If transplantation of outer cornea is needed then new cornea is being held in place with stitches.
You will be given local anaesthesia around your eye region to block pain and prevent eye movement during surgery.
There is various methods of doing corneal transplant
Full Thickness Corneal Transplant- All the layers of your cornea get replaced. The new cornea is get stitched, this procedure is only needed if you have severe corneal injury or bad bulging or scar formation.
Partial Thickness Corneal Transplant- Air is injected to lift off and separate the thin layer outside and the thick middle layer of cornea and then removes and replaces them.
Endothelial Keratoplasty -The surgeon removes the endothelium and they replace them with a donated endothelium and Descemet membrane still attached to the stroma (the cornea's thick middle layer) to help in handling the new tissue without damaging it.
Fuch's dystrophy- This involve removal of the central part of the inner membrane without a transplant, if the surrounding cornea seems healthy enough to provide cells to fill in the removed area.
After Cornea Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
You will probably be able to return to work or your normal routine in about 1 to 2 weeks after surgery but your vision will still be blurry and you will need to avoid heavy lifting for about 4 weeks
You must not drive on the day of your cornea transplant. Someone must drive you home after surgery and bring you back for your follow-up visit. If you have good vision in the non-transplant eye you can legally drive 24 hours after surgery.
Medicines will be given for 6 months.
It will take up to a year to recover completely from corneal transplant but most people can go back to normal routine within one to two weeks but they should avoid lifting heavy objects. You should wait for minimum four weeks before lifting any heavy objects.
Most of the cases of corneal transplant last beyond 10 years, patients require ophthalmic checkup for twice in a year to make sure that they eye health are good. The cornea donor tissue is thoroughly inspected for its safety.
Some of the risks of corneal transplant includes infection, bleeding, higher pressure in eyes, clouding of eye lens, swelling of the cornea and detached retina.
Most of the people can see the result of the procedure when there vision is restored but it will take few weeks to improve the vision completely, your eyesight may get little worse before getting better.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals