Colon Cancer Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Colon Cancer?
Cancer of the large intestine is known as Colon Cancer. The colon is the last part of the digestive tract. Old age people are more susceptible to colon cancer.
It develops as a polyp or benign non-cancerous lump that grows into cancer.
Regular screening is advised to detect these polyps and remove them before developing further into cancerous growth.
Initial signs and symptoms may comprise blood in the stool, repeated changes in bowel habits, undefined weight loss, and a feeling that the bowel isn't completely empty.
How is the Procedure Performed?
For the treatment of colon cancer, we have many options. Surgery is required in the initial stage based on the cancer's location. It can be a Polypectomy, Endoscopic Mucosal Resection, or Laparoscopic removal of polyps.
However, in advanced cases, Partial Colectomy with lymph node dissection and sometimes an ostomy is done where a passage is created for passing stool.
Later on, Chemotherapy, Radiation therapy, Targeted Drug Therapy, and Immunotherapy are used as adjuvant treatments.
Palliative care is essential as the body has to accommodate after surgery.
Who is the Right Doctor for Colon Cancer Treatment?
The right doctor for treating Colon Cancer is a General surgeon or Gastroenterologist with a Surgical and Radiation Oncologist.
What tests are required?
Diagnostic tests for the detection of Colon Cancer are Colonoscopy and blood test for tumor marker CEA ( carcinoembryonic antigen).
Apart from diagnosis, a screening test for elderly people is suggested so that it can be prevented.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The five-year survival rate for localized Colon Cancer is around 90%, but in cases of metastasis, it is 63%.
The contribution of regular screening is relatively high in reducing the death rate and early diagnosis.
The cost of Colon Cancer includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include [Colonoscopy, blood test for tumour marker CEA ( carcinoembryonic antigen), Biopsy, Ultrasound, or X-ray.]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Type of surgery (Cryosurgery, Laser surgery, Electrosurgery, and Microscopically controlled surgery)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for chemotherapy or radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
Any additional tests may be required to know the status of the disease during the course of treatment
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Colon Cancer Treatment in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Colon Cancer Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Life Care Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- Founded in 2007, LifeCare is a multispeciality hospital based in Abu Dhabi providing the highest level of medical excellence, it was established by Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil and is accredited by JCL(Joint Commission International).
- The hospital deals with different specialties such as cardiology, neurology, ENT, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, Opthalmology, Gynecology, etc. The team comprises skilled general and specialty medical practitioners, nurses, technologists along with personnel having extensive experience.
- It is a 200 bedded Hospital and offers a different category of rooms depending on patient requirements such as Regular suites, VIP rooms, Private single rooms, Semi-Private Rooms, and Isolation Rooms.
- The healthcare institution has a team of over 5000 employees providing quality care to over 2 million people for 13 years and is well equipped with all the latest treatment modalities.
Zulekha Hospital LLC - Sharjah
- Zulekha Hospital Sharjah is part of the Zulekha Healthcare Group that provides easy access to high-quality healthcare.
- It is a multi-speciality hospital with specialities such as Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Cardiology, Plastic Surgery, General Surgery, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Urology, Gastroenterology, Dermatology, Physiotherapy etc.
- It has 32 medical and surgical departments and also offers various Packages such as Health Packages, Maternity Packages, Vaccination Packages, and Plastic Surgery Packages.
- It provides an innovative strategy during the pandemic called "Home Care Services" that offers medical expertise and care at the comfort of an individual's home to ensure health and happiness.
- It is a JCI re-accredited institution and got CAP accreditation in the year 2012.
- It implements the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Excellence Model which led the Hospital to receive Dubai Quality Appreciation Award (DQAP) and Dubai Quality Award (DQA) for several years.
- It also received “The Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Excellence Award (MRM)” in 2016.
NMC Speciality Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- NMC Speciality Hospital, Abu Dhabi is a multi-speciality hospital providing the best and quality healthcare services to people in Abu Dhabi and its surrounding areas.
- It is part of NMC Healthcare which is the largest private healthcare company in the UAE and world-famous as a leading fertility service providers.
- With more than 32 specialities, this Hospital is also known for its Advanced Cancer Care and Weight loss programme.
- Its high standard quality and excellent patient service are accredited by the JCI. It is also accredited by the World Endoscopy Organisation (WEO), and the Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS).
- It has tie-ups with national and international insurance companies like the International SOS, Allianz insurance, Cigna etc to ensure easy and efficient billing services to patients.
- It is a member of the Dubai Health Experience and Abu Dhabi Medical Tourism.
- It is declared a COVID-19 free Hospital by the local authorities also ensuring to maintain all COVID care protocols at the same time.
- It has a dedicated international patient team that ensures smooth assistance from the moment of registration to post-operation follow-up.
Doctors for Colon Cancer Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Medical OncologistConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Dhanaraju Muniswamy is a reputed Medical Oncologist, practicing for more than 10 years in his field.
- He is a gold medalist and the best outgoing student in his super specialty course of DM Medical Oncology.
- He was the first Medical Oncologist that worked in the Hospital in Maldives.
- He has expertise in the management of cases: like breast cancers, gastrointestinal oncology, lung problems, Lymphomas, preventive oncology, and targeted and immunotherapy.
- He helped create awareness by conducting cancer screening camps and providing oncological services. He was also among the governing members of the start of the cancer registry in the country.
- As an author, he has over 10 publications in various indexed national and international journals.
- He has won the ISMPO paper presentation.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud has over 15 years of clinical experience as a leading Medical Oncologist.
- Her specialization is Gastrointestinal cancer (including oesophagus, gastric, colon, rectal, liver and pancreas), Solid and Haematology malignancy and Solid Tumour (especially gastrointestinal tract tumour).
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the Syrian Board in Medical Oncology, the Syrian Oncology Society, the Emirate Oncology Society and the Emirates Medical Association.
- She graduated from Damascus University, Syria with an MS (2006).
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud has a Master's degree (2011) in medical oncology from the Minister of Higher Education, Syria.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 27 years of experience
- Dr. Urfan Ul Haq is a renowned Medical Oncologist with nearly 27 years of work experience to his credit.
- He is a member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), UK and the European Society of Medical Oncology.
He completed his graduation (MBBS) from Ayub Medical College in 1994 and further went on to complete his European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO) certification.
He even pursued his UK Medical Oncology subspecialty certification. He was even granted a Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (FCPS) Fellowship in Pakistan.
Dr. Urfan Ul Haq is an instructor at Advanced Life Support (ALS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and strongly believes in sharing his professional knowledge at the same centre.
His areas of special expertise include administering all kinds of tumours, especially breast. He additionally carries out colorectal and targeted therapy as well.
- He is actively involved in research work and has numerous publications in National and International journals to his credit.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals