Colon Cancer Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Colon Cancer?
Cancer of the large intestine is known as Colon Cancer. The colon is the last part of the digestive tract. Old age people are more susceptible to colon cancer.
It develops as a polyp or benign non-cancerous lump that grows into cancer.
Regular screening is advised to detect these polyps and remove them before developing further into cancerous growth.
Initial signs and symptoms may comprise blood in the stool, repeated changes in bowel habits, undefined weight loss, and a feeling that the bowel isn't completely empty.
How is the Procedure Performed?
For the treatment of colon cancer, we have many options. Surgery is required in the initial stage based on the cancer's location. It can be a Polypectomy, Endoscopic Mucosal Resection, or Laparoscopic removal of polyps.
However, in advanced cases, Partial Colectomy with lymph node dissection and sometimes an ostomy is done where a passage is created for passing stool.
Later on, Chemotherapy, Radiation therapy, Targeted Drug Therapy, and Immunotherapy are used as adjuvant treatments.
Palliative care is essential as the body has to accommodate after surgery.
Who is the Right Doctor for Colon Cancer Treatment?
The right doctor for treating Colon Cancer is a General surgeon or Gastroenterologist with a Surgical and Radiation Oncologist.
What tests are required?
Diagnostic tests for the detection of Colon Cancer are Colonoscopy and blood test for tumor marker CEA ( carcinoembryonic antigen).
Apart from diagnosis, a screening test for elderly people is suggested so that it can be prevented.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The five-year survival rate for localized Colon Cancer is around 90%, but in cases of metastasis, it is 63%.
The contribution of regular screening is relatively high in reducing the death rate and early diagnosis.
The cost of Colon Cancer includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include [Colonoscopy, blood test for tumour marker CEA ( carcinoembryonic antigen), Biopsy, Ultrasound, or X-ray.]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Type of surgery (Cryosurgery, Laser surgery, Electrosurgery, and Microscopically controlled surgery)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for chemotherapy or radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
Any additional tests may be required to know the status of the disease during the course of treatment
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Top hospitals and doctors for Colon Cancer Treatment in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Colon Cancer Treatment in United Arab Emirates
- Medeor 24x7 Hospital in Abu Dhabi is a multi-speciality family hospital that aims to provide healthcare service with hospitality at its core with personalised attention at key points.
- It has 25 Specialities with 8 Centres of Excellence including Maternal Education Classes, Nutrition for a healthy pregnancy, Exercise during pregnancy, Birth planning, Postnatal support, Lactation support, Mental Health Support, and Birth Companion Services - Doula.
- It has an International Patient Centre that is equipped to serve foreign patients in assisting them before, during, and after the patient's visit.
- It furnished with ultra-modern facilities like fully equipped OT, Neonatal ICU, Radiology Services, MRI, Dental Services, Ambulance, Day Care Ward, and VIP and VVIP Rooms.
- With its avant-garde medical equipment, patient-friendly interiors, and hand-picked personnel, it envisions a pro-active partnership between a healthcare professional and patient, with the emphasis on taking a holistic and long term view on the patient's health.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited.
- It accepts insurances like MetLife, Whealth International, NAS, MSH International, Daman, Aafiya etc.
- NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Nadah is part of NMC Healthcare which is the largest private healthcare company in the UAE and is one of the leading fertility service providers in the world.
- Being a multi-speciality hospital it aims to provide the best healthcare facility and services to the people of Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
- It has 52 specialities including Orthopaedic, Spine and Joint Surgery, Advance & Minimally Invasive Surgery, Ayurveda, Podiatry, Lactation Services, Speech Therapy etc.
- The Hospital has a well-equipped laboratory and state of the art equipment.
- The hospital serves as the referral centre of choice for smaller medical centres and clinics in Dubai and surrounding areas.
- The in-house pharmacy is open 24 hours every day of the week and Specialist doctors are available for consultation and treatment round-the-clock.
- NMC Healthcare has won several awards and recognitions such as Gold Stevie Award 2016, Superbrands 2016-2017, Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award 2016-2017 to name a few.
- It has an International patients Centre that is a dedicated team of internationally trained and certified medical experts, assisted by trained nurses and paramedics who are known for their high-standard and quality care.
- It has tie-ups with international health insurances such as Allianz, Henner, Inter mutuelles Assistance, Deutsche Assistance etc.
- It is a member of Dubai Health Experience.
- It is accredited by JCI and the Asian Society of Hernia Surgery.
Doctors for Colon Cancer Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Medical OncologistConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Dhanaraju Muniswamy is a reputed Medical Oncologist, practicing for more than 10 years in his field.
- He is a gold medalist and the best outgoing student in his super specialty course of DM Medical Oncology.
- He was the first Medical Oncologist that worked in the Hospital in Maldives.
- He has expertise in the management of cases: like breast cancers, gastrointestinal oncology, lung problems, Lymphomas, preventive oncology, and targeted and immunotherapy.
- He helped create awareness by conducting cancer screening camps and providing oncological services. He was also among the governing members of the start of the cancer registry in the country.
- As an author, he has over 10 publications in various indexed national and international journals.
- He has won the ISMPO paper presentation.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud has over 15 years of clinical experience as a leading Medical Oncologist.
- Her specialization is Gastrointestinal cancer (including oesophagus, gastric, colon, rectal, liver and pancreas), Solid and Haematology malignancy and Solid Tumour (especially gastrointestinal tract tumour).
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the Syrian Board in Medical Oncology, the Syrian Oncology Society, the Emirate Oncology Society and the Emirates Medical Association.
- She graduated from Damascus University, Syria with an MS (2006).
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud has a Master's degree (2011) in medical oncology from the Minister of Higher Education, Syria.
Medical OncologistSenior Consultant, 25 years of experience
- Medical Oncologist Dr Mohamad Azzam Farouk Ziade has over 25 years of professional expertise.
- He handles Medical Oncology, Clinical Haematology, Hemoglobinopathy hemostatic disorders, Hemophilia, Solid tumours and Bone Marrow Transplants.
- Dr Mohamad Azzam Farouk Ziade is a member of the Emirates Oncology Society and the Emirates Medical Association.
- He obtained a National Diploma from the University of Padova, Italy.
- He completed his Master's degree in Bone Marrow Transplants (2003).
- Dr Mohamad Azzam Farouk Ziade has a Fellowship in Myelodysplasia, Leukemia and Bone Marrow Transplant from the King’s College Hospital, London.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals