Cochlear Implants Treatment Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Cochlear Implants?
A cochlear implant is a surgically implanted neuroprosthetic device that helps in hearing an individual who is deaf or hard of hearing.
One part of the implant sits behind the ear, and the other is surgically fitted under the skin.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Implantation of cochlear implants is performed under general anaesthesia.
The surgeon makes an incision behind the ear to access the cochlea to place the electrodes and the receiver under the skin behind the ear. The surgeon then sutures the wound.
Who is the Right Doctor for Cochlear Implants Treatment?
An ENT surgeon should be consulted for implanting Cochlear Implants.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Cochlear Implants, being successful prostheses, have an exceptionally high success rate with less than 1% rejection.
It takes around four to six weeks to recover following Cochlear Implant Surgery.
The cost of Cochlear Implant includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (Hearing test, MRI or CT imaging tests, etc.)
Surgery cost (depends on the type of implant)
Type of implant
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine (Pain Killers, Antibiotics, etc.)
Note: Cochlear Implantation is an outpatient procedure. However, the doctor may advise an overnight stay for observation.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Any additional tests, if required
If any Post-surgical complication happens (such as swelling or bleeding, Infection around the implant, numbness of ears)
Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital due to any health reason apart from the package stay period
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Cochlear Implants Treatment in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Cochlear Implantation||USD 22500 to USD 27500|
|Cochlear Implantation - Bilateral||USD 23400 to USD 28600|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Cochlear Implants Treatment in TurkeyFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Cochlear Implants Treatment in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
- The Hisar Hospital’s ENT department deals with the nasal diseases that cause symptoms such as sinusitis, otitis media, breathing difficulties, snoring, etc which are usually seen in the ear, nose, and throat area. The ENT area is then evaluated through endoscopic imaging and radiological examinations and treated accordingly.
- The Hisar Hospital’s ENT department provides services such as the management of Allergic Rhinitis, Nose Aesthetics, Eardrum Repair, Adenoid Surgery, Tonsil Surgeries in Children, Ear Microsurgery, Microsurgical Operations for Voice Diseases, Snoring, Sleep Apnea Surgery, Chronic Middle Ear Inflammation Surgery (Tympanoplasty, Mastoidectomy, Prosthetic Applications Instead of Ear Bones and Head and Neck Region Tumors.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
As Istanbul is gearing to become one of the world’s preferred destinations for medical treatments; it has raised the choices amongst several hospitals and clinics. Hence, doctors and specialists have gathered to form Medical Park Group for successful medical outcomes with healthcare solutions. Patients from Middle East, Europe, Asia, North America entrust Medical Park doctors for their treatments.
Continuously serving patients with their healthcare services since 1993, irrespective of socioeconomic status, the hospitals boost the quality and quantity of services meeting higher service standards following the principle “healthcare for all”.
Medical Park Hospitals provides qualitative therapeutic and diagnostic services in all hospitals, with three accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) with specialists, patient-oriented service approach using technological intelligence under one roof. The hospitals ensure to serve and heal patients for a ‘healthier’ Turkey.
Over 40 Languages Spoken!
Help desk section is setup at each of the complex to guide medical tourists and provide translation services in over 40 languages including English, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Spanish and more!
American Hospital, Istanbul
The American hospital provides a multidisciplinary approach with weekly ENT Council, Hospital Oncology Council, and Sleep Council.
The ENT department offer services like Robotic surgery applications, Surgical applications with navigation, Sialendoscopy, CO2 Laser applications, Botox applications in headache, Minimally invasive tumor surgeries, Congenital otolaryngology, airway problems treatment, and surgery.
Doctors for Cochlear Implants Treatment in Turkey
ENT SurgeonConsultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Saim Ergün is an otolaryngologist with 35+ years of experience.
- He performed the first laser stapedotomy in Sweden in 1994 and performed the same procedure for the first time in Turkey in 2001.
- Dr. Saim has carried out laser-assisted surgery of Zenker’s diverticulum for the first time at American Hospital, Turkey in 1995.
- He is a member of the Turkish Medical Association and the Turkish Association of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery.
- He authored 6 scientific articles that were published in international journals.
- His areas of expertise include ear surgery, Zenker operation, BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid), FESS (Functional Sinus Surgery), Laser stapedotomy and more.
- He completed Ear, Nose and Throat specialization training from Swedish Nordland University, Norway in 1983 and Çukurova University, Adana in 1979 respectively.
ENT SurgeonAssociate Director, 34 years of experience
- Dr. Sezer Külekçi is an ear, nose, throat, head and neck surgeon with 34+ years of experience.
- She is a member of the Audiology, Speech and Audio Experts Association (OKSUD).
- She has 30 scientific articles on an international and national scale.
- She has published 3 book chapters.
- Her clinical interest includes Pediatric audiology, Electrophysiological measurements, Cochlear implantation, Genetic hearing loss, Auditory synchronization disorders and more.
ENT SurgeonSenior Consultant, 32 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Hakan Korkmaz is an exceptional ENT Surgeon & Otorhinolaryngologist with experience of more than 32+ years in the field.
- He is an active member of the Turkish Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Association (TKBBBBCD), Turkish Rhinology Association, American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head Neck Surgery (Corresponding Membership), Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Association, Laryngology Association, Otology and Otoneurology Association, and Asia-Pacific Society of Thyroid Surgery.
- He successfully completed his medical education at Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in 1988 and later did his specialization in the same faculty in 1989 and successfully passed the ECFMG exams in the United States in 1989.
- He worked as a Clinical Fellowship for two years in the Department of Ear Nose and Throat, USA Michigan Wayne State University in 1998, during which period he participated in approximately 400 head and neck surgery surgeries and gave training to residents.
- Dr. Korkmaz has expertise in the Laryngeal Cancers, Sound Problems, Goiter, Children Ear Nose Throat Diseases, Head and Neck Cancer, Tonsil and Adenoid, Snoring And Sleep Apnea, Facial paralysis, Tonsil Diseases, Nasal Deformity, Adenoid (Nasal Flesh), Salivary Gland Cancer, Nasal Septum Deviation, Nasal Polyp, etc.
- He has been involved in many research projects and has 9 international articles from these studies. In addition, he attended many surgical and medical courses and gave presentations at global conferences.
Cochlear Implants Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Cochlear Implants Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The warranty of the product is for 10 years, but the electrode which is fitted inside is practically once in a lifetime.
Absolutely, Cochlear implant was made for patients who are born deaf.
Ideally, cochlear should be done within first year of the birth to best results. The results are still very good if surgery is done less than 7 years of age. As the age grows, it will be very difficult for patient to be fully absorbed in mainstream.
If patient is deaf from both ear, opting for cochlear implant in both ears is highly recommended. It helps patient in sound localisation, speech discrimination much better
Hospital stay would be for 1-2 days.
Cochlear implants may be placed in one ear (unilateral) or both ears (bilateral). Cochlear implants in both ears have started to be used more often to treat bilateral severe hearing loss particularly for infants and children who are learning to speak and process language. There has to be a time gap between the two implants and generally doctor advice of about 6 months of gap between two procedures.
Cochlear implants do not play a sound to the wearer, and so they can be useful even if that person has little or no ability to hear sound. A microphone that is worn on the back of the ear detects sounds in the surrounding environment and converts them into electrical signals.
Cochlear Implant has two parts Internal device (e): The internal portion of the implant consists of two parts: the receiver/stimulator and the intracochlear electrode array. External hardware (a-d): The external portion consists of three parts: a microphone, a speech processor, and a transmitting coil. The external devise can get damaged if they get wet so you need to take off before you bathe.
Cochlear Implant has two parts Internal device (e): The internal portion of the implant consists of two parts: the receiver/stimulator and the intracochlear electrode array. External hardware (a-d): The external portion consists of three parts: a microphone, a speech processor, and a transmitting coil. The external devise has to be removed prior to going to bed.
The internal device doesnt need any battery. The external device's battery can easily be changed.
Cochlear Implants works lifetime and NO future surgery may be required.
The risk is about 0.1%
No major precautions other than to avoid head trauma.
No, cochlear implant is not a major surgery it is a minor surgery. This device partially restores hearing ability.
Patient should undergo cochlear implantation who have severe hearing loss or hearing loss due to damage of the inner ear and they are not using hearing aids. Other than hearing aids which amplifies sound cochlear implant bypasses the damaged portion of the ear for delivering the sound signals to the auditory nerve.
Some of the disadvantage of cochlear implants includes nerve damage, dizziness problem, hearing loss, ringing in ears, leaking of fluid around brain and meningitis.
Usually cochlear implants lasts lifetime but there are some cases in which they are to be changed after certain time interval.
Cochlear implant is very safe surgery it has limited post operative pain and few complications only. Pain and stiffness seen at the surgical site is mainly temporary, it subsides with time. It is safe for you to sleep on the side being operated.
During the Cochlear Implants Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Cochlear Implant surgery usually takes from three to four hours.
Cochlear implant surgery is being done by general surgeons or ENT specialist.
Cochlear implantation surgery takes two to four hours to be complete under general anaesthesia.
In cochlear implantation the surgeon first identify the facial nerve and then creates an opening between them to access the cochlea. In the next step implant electrode is being inserted into the cochlea and the surgeon places an electronic device called receiver under the skin and behind the ear and then surgeon secures the skull in that area.
After Cochlear Implants Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It takes 2-3 weeks for device to be programmed perfectly before patient goes back to their country. After going back, patient is strongly recommended to undergo speech therapy for best results for about upto 1 year.
You can return to work 1 to 2 weeks after surgery.
This depends on your pre-operative hearing level. Certain hearing loss can be corrected in the same or second surgery whereas some kinds of hearing loss involving inner ear may not be reversible.
It will take around three to six weeks before you recover completely after the procedure, most people are able to return back to their work within one to two week after surgery.
You should avoid bending or lifting heavy objects for three weeks after surgery, you may experience some popping, clicking or other sounds in your ear.
About four to six weeks after the surgery, the external parts of the cochlear implant will be added. These include a microphone and speech processor. At that time, the speech processor is programmed and activated, which causes the internal device to stimulate the cochlear nerve in response to sounds.
Immediately after surgery you may feel some pressure or discomfort on the implanted ear, dizziness, disoriented or a sore throat for a while from the breathing tube used during general anesthesia.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by ENT Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Cochlear Implants
FAQ videos related to Cochlear Implants
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Cochlear Implants in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Cochlear Implants in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- India, USD 12000 to USD 18000, approximately 40% lower than Turkey
- Thailand, USD 32000 to USD 48000, approximately 60% higher than Turkey
- Germany, USD 35200 to USD 52800, approximately 76% higher than Turkey
- Israel, USD 40000 to USD 60000, approximately 100% higher than Turkey
- Singapore, USD 36000 to USD 54000, approximately 80% higher than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 24000 to USD 36000, approximately 20% higher than Turkey