Chemotherapy Cost In SingaporeChat
What is Chemotherapy?
The process of using powerful chemicals and anti-cancer drugs to kill cancer cells is known as chemotherapy.
It may be given for curative purposes or reducing symptoms and prolong life.
A lot of chemotherapy drugs are available, which are either used alone or in combination.
Chemotherapy is an effective way of treating cancer, but it has many side effects, such as-
- Hair loss
- Appetite loss
- Mouth ulcers
How is the Procedure Performed?
The chemotherapy process is a little complex. First, a device is surgically inserted into the body before any intravenous chemotherapy. These devices can be a catheter, port, or pump.
Then there are pre-investigative tests to ensure your body is ready for chemotherapy. Every aspect and side effect planning and management is done.
For the chemotherapy drug to be given to the body, there are many routes -
- Creams, or maybe direct application
Who is the Right Doctor for Chemotherapy?
The right doctor for chemotherapy is a Medical Oncologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
If we talk specifically about the five-year survival rate of chemotherapy, it is around 40-50% depending on the case.
However, chemotherapy is given in combination with other therapy.
The cost of Chemotherapy includes:
Before starting chemotherapy, a few diagnostic tests may be done, such as Blood tests, X-rays, MRI, CT, PET, or ultrasound.
Chemotherapy session cost (depends on the number of sessions required)
Patient's hospital stay (only in case of high-dose chemotherapy)
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
The stage and type of cancer
Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may be required to know the status of the disease during the course of treatment.
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost related to Chemotherapy in Singapore
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Chemotherapy||USD 1350 to USD 1650|
|Colon Cancer Treatment||USD 31500 to USD 38500|
|Cervical Cancer Treatment||USD 22500 to USD 27500|
|Esophagus Cancer Treatment||USD 13500 to USD 16500|
|Hodgkin Disease Treatment||USD 13500 to USD 16500|
|Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) Treatment||USD 117000 to USD 143000|
|Retinoblastoma (RB) Treatment||USD 18000 to USD 22000|
Images Related To Chemotherapy
What is Chemotherapy?
Before and after images for chemotherapy.
How Chemotherapy Treatment works?
How Chemotherapy Infusion is Done?
Side Effects of Chemotherapy.
Top hospitals and doctors for Chemotherapy in SingaporeFilter
Showing 5 Hospitals and doctors for Chemotherapy in Singapore
- Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) is the 2nd largest acute care hospital in Singapore with more than 1700 beds and is a tertiary referral hospital.
- It has the busiest trauma centre in the country having 100 trauma cases every day and performing 100 surgeries daily. It is recognised as the People's Hospital serving a population of 1.4 million living in central Singapore.
- It is the flagship hospital of the National Healthcare Group, a part of Singapore's Public Healthcare System, and a teaching hospital for Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine.
- It is marked as a historic institution with its heritage dating back to 1844 when its foundation was laid and the purpose was to take care of the poor as Singapore was fast becoming a trading centre and many immigrants became poor, destitute, and suffered malnutrition. Tan Tock Seng, a successful businessman, stepped up to fund the building.
- In time, new constructions came up and Centres of Excellence were established namely, the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID), NHG Eye Institute (NHGEI), Institute for Geriatrics & Active Ageing (IGA), TTSH Rehabilitation Centre, and Ang Mo Kio Specialist Centre (AMKSC).
- It has 36 Clinical disciplines like Cardiology, Dental Surgery, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, General Medicine, General Surgery, Medical Oncology, Neurology, Neuroradiology, Orthopaedics, Radiation Oncology, and Urology and many more.
- It also has Allied Health Services & Pharmacy including Care & Counselling, Podiatry, Nutrition & Dietetics, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Psychology, and Prosthetics & Orthotics.
- Moreover, TTSH has two national speciality centres - the National Skin Centre (NSC) and the National Neuroscience Institute (NNI).
- The hospital hosts the largest purpose-built innovation centre for healthcare - the Ng Teng Fong Centre for Healthcare Innovation (CHI) and its Co-Learning Network of 37 local and international partners.
- By 2023, being a pioneering and innovative leader in healthcare, it will have the Integrated Care Hub - a sub-acute care and rehabilitation with 600 beds.
- TTSH is a recipient of several awards such as the Employee Experience Awards 2022, SG:D Techblazer Award 2021, Asian Hospital Management Award 2021, NHG Recognition Awards 2021 and many more.
- It also allows Guide Dogs for visually impaired patients.
- Founded on 16 March 2016, Farrer Park Hospital is a private tertiary hospital in Singapore that offers a fresh approach to medical treatment by engaging patients as partners by allowing doctors real-time updates about patients through technology in the pursuit of good health and providing a good environment or an "oasis" to realise these goals.
- The hospital is interconnected with a Medical Centre and a 20-storeyed building "Connexion" which includes a hotel, spa, and Owen Link (a passage link running through the building).
- Much detail has been skillfully integrated into the designs and architecture of the hospital to be in sync with the developments in medical treatments and technology. In fact, Connexion was awarded the very highest achievement that the Building and Construction Authority offers which is the BCA Green Mark Platinum in 2011. Its hotel & spa was also given the gold award in hospitality design under the Design Excellence Award 2015.
- Farrer Park Medical Centre (FPMC) located in Connexion is a multispecialty medical centre that specialises in more than 30 departments including Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Diagnostic Radiology, Gastroenterology, Geriatric Medicine, Interventional Radiology, Medical Oncology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontics, Orthopaedics, Radiation Oncology, Renal Medicine, Sports Medicine and many more.
- The Centre also provides behavioural healthcare, rehabilitation, various health screening, vaccination services, and advanced diagnostic services along with nuclear medicine, and audiology to give patients complete care and holistic treatment.
- The hospital has 3 Speciality Centres namely, Cancer Care, Dementia Services, and Heart Health.
- It has a Japanese clinic called the Nichii International Clinic which provides a one-stop comprehensive general practice care.
- It has a Foreign Patient Services to assist international patients in documentation, appointments, accommodations, budget estimates and other needful.
- Raffles Hospital is a tertiary care hospital that is patient-centred by providing specialist care with the most advanced technologies.
- It is a flagship hospital of the Raffles Medical Group, one of the leading private healthcare service providers in Singapore and South East Asia.
- It has specialist clinics which offer one-stop comprehensive and integrated medical services equipped with diagnostic services including an advanced imaging centre, a day surgery ward, an endoscopy ward, a radiotherapy suite, and training facilities.
- It has Service Centres on Cancer, Children, Counselling, Diabetes & Endocrine, Dialysis, ENT, Eye, Fertility, Heart, Internal Medicine, Neuroscience, Nuclear Medicine, Orthopaedic, Pain Management, Rehabilitation, Skin & Aesthetics, Surgery, Urology, & Women.
- Additionally, it has broad spectrum of specialities like Bone Marrow Transplant, Bariatric Surgery, Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Gastroenterology, Geriatric Medicine, Neonatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Neurology, Neuroscience, Paediatrics and many more.
- It also provides services like Covid 19 Test, Health Screening, Raffles Executive Medical Centre, Statutory Health Check, Raffles Dental, and Chinese Medicine.
- It has international patient representatives who assist in medical appointments with specialists, arrangements on flights, visas, and accommodations, medical follow-up, and other necessary requirements.
- It is the first hospital in Singapore to collaborate with the Ministry of Health of Health's Emergency Care Collaboration to receive subsidised patients from the Singapore Civil Defence Force since 2015.
- The National Trauma Committee has also accredited and certified the hospital as a trauma hospital in 2018.
- It has the JCI accreditation for its international quality and excellent standard of practice.
- In 2016, the hospital was rated Hospital of the Year by Frost & Sullivan Singapore Excellence Awards.
- In 2020, it was ranked number 10 amongst hospitals in Singapore by Newsweek.
Doctors for Chemotherapy in Singapore
Medical OncologistSenior Consultant, 40 years of experience
- Dr. Tan Yew Oo is an oncologist having more than 40 years of expertise.
- Services provided by him includes Lung cancer, breast cancer, gastrointestinal cancers, lymphomas and liver cancer.
- After receiving his MBBS from NUS in 1971, Dr. Tan Yew Oo went on to complete his residency in internal medicine in the United States, followed by a fellowship in haematology, before completing his fellowship in medical oncology in Canada.
- In addition to holding a specialised certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Internal Medicine and Hematology, he was certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology..
- Previously, Dr. Tan held the positions of Chief of Medicine at National University Hospital (NUH), Professor of Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine at the National University of Singapore (NUS), and Head, Division of Hematology-Oncology.
- Dr. Tan continued to be involved in medical education and postgraduate training after entering private practise.
- He was a member of the National Committee on Cancer Care, Chairman of the Medical Research Council's Specialist Training Committee of Medical Oncology, and a consultant to Singapore's Health Science Authority.
- Dr. Tan Yew Oo is fluent in English.
Medical OncologistSenior Consultant, 26 years of experience
- With more than 26 years of experience, Dr. Jens Samol is a licenced Medical Oncologist.
- Thoracic cancers, gastrointestinal cancers, head and neck cancers, HIPEC, sarcomas, genitourinary cancers, and lymphomas are among his medical specialities.
- He is a member of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore, Singapore and the Singapore Medical Council.
- Dr. Jens Samol has completed his MBBS (1995) from the Free University of Berlin, Germany.
- He is a member of the Royal Colleges of Physicians (UK, 2000).
- He is the author of various papers and publications.
- Dr. Jens Samol is well-versed in German and English.
Medical OncologistSenior Consultant, 28 years of experience
- Dr. Hsieh Wen-Son is an oncologist having more than 28 years of expertise.
- Services provided by him includes treatment of various types of cancer and is active in developing new cancer diagnoses and molecularly targeted anti-cancer treatments.
- Dr. Hsieh was born in Taiwan but was raised in the United States and received his education there as well as in the United Kingdom. He studied at Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he received his Neuroscience degree summa cum laude. He then used a coveted Rhodes Scholarship to study philosophy and psychology at Oxford University in England. A medical degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, an internal medicine internship and residency at Duke University, and a fellowship in medical oncology at Johns Hopkins were among the top academic institutions where he finished his medical studies. The American Board of Internal Medicine has qualified Dr. Hsieh in both internal medicine and medical oncology.
- Following the completion of his medical school, Dr. Hsieh worked as an Assistant Professor of Oncology at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and a Consultant in Medical Oncology at the Johns Hopkins Singapore International Medical Center.
- Dr. Hsieh has been actively involved in patient care and the creation of cutting-edge cancer treatments since he began working in Singapore in 2001. He has directed a number of multinational trials involving centres in Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, and the United States that looked at cutting-edge therapeutics for nasopharyngeal carcinoma. He has a research interest in molecularly targeted cancer therapies and immunotherapy.
- Dr. Hsieh has taught extensively at national and international medical and scientific conferences and has written a number of scholarly publications, abstracts, and book chapters. He has also won other honours, such as a Rhodes Scholarship and a fellowship from the Cure for Lymphoma Foundation.
- Dr. Hsieh Wen-Son is fluent in English.
Chemotherapy Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Our patient's testimonials related to Medical Oncologist
Treatment videos related to Medical Oncologist
More searches related to Chemotherapy
What is the price of Chemotherapy in other countries, compared to Singapore?
Approximate price of Chemotherapy in other countries compared to Singapore is:
- India, USD 800 to USD 1200, approximately 33% lower than Singapore
- Turkey, USD 1200 to USD 1800, approximately 0% higher than Singapore
- Thailand, USD 1200 to USD 1800, approximately 0% higher than Singapore
- Germany, USD 1600 to USD 2400, approximately 33% higher than Singapore
- Israel, USD 560 to USD 840, approximately 53% lower than Singapore
- Malaysia, USD 1600 to USD 2400, approximately 33% higher than Singapore