Cervical Spondylosis Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Cervical Spondylosis?
Cervical spondylosis is a general term for age-related wear and tear affecting the spinal disks in the neck. As the disks dehydrate and shrink, signs of osteoarthritis develop, including bony projections along the edges of bones.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Cervical Spondylosis treatment involves medications such as Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, Corticosteroids, Muscle relaxants, Anti-seizure medications, Antidepressants, and Surgery in severe cases.
Who is the Right Doctor for Cervical Spondylosis Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for Cervical Spondylosis is an Orthopedic and Spine Surgeon.
Cervical Spondylosis can be detected by an X-ray, which can show abnormalities, such as bone spurs, that indicate cervical spondylosis, Neck X-ray can also rule out rare and more serious causes for neck pain and stiffness, such as tumors, infections or fractures, or a CT scan.
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Cervical Spondylosis Treatment in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Cervical Spondylosis Treatment in United Arab Emirates
NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Nadah
- NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Nadah is part of NMC Healthcare which is the largest private healthcare company in the UAE and is one of the leading fertility service providers in the world.
- Being a multi-speciality hospital it aims to provide the best healthcare facility and services to the people of Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
- It has 52 specialities including Orthopaedic, Spine and Joint Surgery, Advance & Minimally Invasive Surgery, Ayurveda, Podiatry, Lactation Services, Speech Therapy etc.
- The Hospital has a well-equipped laboratory and state of the art equipment.
- The hospital serves as the referral centre of choice for smaller medical centres and clinics in Dubai and surrounding areas.
- The in-house pharmacy is open 24 hours every day of the week and Specialist doctors are available for consultation and treatment round-the-clock.
- NMC Healthcare has won several awards and recognitions such as Gold Stevie Award 2016, Superbrands 2016-2017, Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award 2016-2017 to name a few.
- It has an International patients Centre that is a dedicated team of internationally trained and certified medical experts, assisted by trained nurses and paramedics who are known for their high-standard and quality care.
- It has tie-ups with international health insurances such as Allianz, Henner, Inter mutuelles Assistance, Deutsche Assistance etc.
- It is a member of Dubai Health Experience.
- It is accredited by JCI and the Asian Society of Hernia Surgery.
Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai
- Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai is one of the pioneering healthcare providers that serves both national and international patients with personalised and evidence-based medical care.
- It is a multispecialty hospital with JCI accreditations. It is also CAP Accredited.
- The physicians are highly-skilled with board certification and accreditation and from different parts of the globe.
- It provides a high standard medical and surgical treatment with state-of-the-art technologies to ensure patients receive world-class care and exceptional comfort.
- It is a choice of destination for people from the GCC, North and West Africa, China and some European countries for preventive, tertiary, and secondary healthcare needs.
- Some of its numerous achievements and awards include Service Olympian Awards, 2017 Stevie Silver Winner on International Business, 2018 Winner of Annual Health Magazine Awards.
- It is a member of the Dubai Health Experience.
- It has a partnership with insurance agencies like NOW Health International, NEXT Care, NAS, Mednet etc
Doctors for Cervical Spondylosis Treatment in United Arab Emirates
NeurologistSenior Consultant, 34 years of experience
- Dr. Fadel Fouad Gendy has earned the reputation of a leading Neurosurgeon with his surgical and consultative practice spanning over 34 years.
- After his graduation from Cairo University he also earned his PG. He then earned his MD and PhD qualifications from Ein Shams University, Cairo. Dr. Gendy went on to achieve further training at Vienna University, Austria and New Jersey, the USA. He also received training in cervical spine surgery from Barcelona University in Spain and for microsurgery at Columbia University in New York.
- Dr. Gendy is a leading neurosurgeon who performs surgeries for brain tumour, spinal tumour, spinal fixation, spinal trauma and head trauma. He is a leading medical professional for minimally invasive spine surgeries, back and neck pain, congenital anomalies of the brain and spinal cord in children and disc herniation. He also treats disc diseases, stroke, epilepsy and brain hemorrhage.
- He has attended many national and international conferences and presented several papers.
NeurosurgeonVisiting Consultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Muhammed Chishti is a renowned and established Neurosurgeon with +35 years of experience in the field.
- He has done his MBBS from Dow Medical College University of Karachi, Pakistan. In 1982, he went to UK where he obtained fellowships from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh and Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians Glasgow. Here, he completed his training and obtained his Intercollegiate Neurosurgery fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh in 1989.
- Dr. Chishti is an expert neurosurgeon, known to treat brain tumors, aneurism and AVM, hydrocephalus, craniosynostosis with all type of cranial trauma. In spine, he has extensive experience in degenerative spinal disease, spinal tumors, infections and spinal dysraphism.
- He has acquired extensive experience in these 30 years, especially during his stint in Pakistan, where he even treated cases from Afghanistan.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 24 years of experience
- Dr. Nicandro Figueiredo is a leading Spinal Neurosurgeon with +24 years of experience in the field of neurosurgery and orthopedic surgery.
- He holds professional memberships of the, North American Spine Society, the AO Spine (Switzerland), Brazilian Spine and Neurosurgical Society and the UAE Neurosurgical Society among other affiliations.
- Dr. Figueiredo completed his medical school from the University of Brasilia, followed by residency at the Base Hospital of Brasilia and PG too. In 1997, he also underwent a post-residency training at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and New York University, in USA. Between 1999-00, he earned fellowships from the Johns Hopkins and the University of Wisconsin Hospital, USA.
- He is a reputed neurosurgeon, with expertise to perform spinal surgeries in children and adults, spinal deformity corrections/trauma/percutaneous kyphoplasty/tumours/cysts/infections. Some of the other surgeries he performs are, minimally invasive spinal surgeries, microsurgery, spinal fusion, arthroplasty techniques, spinal neuronavigation and O-arm for 3D intraoperative image acquisition.
- Besides his surgical practice, Dr. Figueiredo also pursues his academic interests. He is a Visiting Professor of Neurosurgery for the Medical School and Residency Program of Neurosurgery, at the University of Cuiaba, in Brazil.
- Dr. Figueiredo also attends national and international conferences, where he speaks, instructs or is invited as a guest.
- Prof. Figueiredo has many published papers and book chapters to his name. He is the Academic Editor of the section of spinal surgery, Journal Medicine®, USA, and a reviewer of many other medical journals.
Before Cervical Spondylosis Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Cervical spondylosis is the condition in which there is age related wear and tear which is affecting the spinal disc in neck. When the spinal disc dehydrates and sinks then the sign or osteoarthritis develops including bony projections along the edges of bone.
With age the bones and the cartilage which makes up the backbone and neck develops wear and tear and these changes result in dehydrated disc, herniated disc, bone spurs and stiff ligaments.
Usually there are no symptoms of cervical spondylosis when symptoms occur they can cause pain and stiffness in neck. Sometimes cervical spondylosis cause narrowing of the space needed by spinal cord such as tingling, numbness and weakness in your arms, hands, legs or feet, lack of coordination and difficulty walking and loss of bladder or bowel control.
Some of the risk factors of cervical spondylosis includes neck injuries, occupation, genetics and smoking.
Cervical spondylosis is usually symptomless. When symptoms do occur, they tend to resolve over time, often without treatment. If symptoms occur, treatment can help to reduce the impact.
During the Cervical Spondylosis Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Nonsteriodal anti-inflammatory drugs are the best treatment for cervical spondylosis such as cortocosteriods, muscle relaxants and antidepressant.
Cervical spondylosis surgery will take around four to six hours to complete in this surgery the bone from surrounding area and iliac crest are being used.
Cervical spondylosis may need surgery if the conservative treatment fails or some neurological signs and symptoms such as weakness in arms and legs worsen then surgery is needed to create a channel for spinal cord and nerve roots.
Cervical spondylosis is being treated by laminectomy in this procedure the doctor removes the bony arch which forms the backside of spinal canal along with any bony spurs and ligaments which are compressing the spinal cord.
After Cervical Spondylosis Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The incision from the surgery will heal within seven to fourteen days, so one to two weeks time is needed to recover from surgery.
The main complication of spondylosis is low back, mid back, or neck pain. Usually the back and neck pain caused by spondylosis is not serious, but some people develop chronic pain due to their condition.
You should avoid doing high intensity exercise and maintain neck muscle strength and mainly the neck extensor strength and avoid holding head in one position for longer time.
You should contact your doctor if you have severe pain, numbness or tingling in arms, muscle weakness, trouble in coordination or walking.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals