Cervical Spondylosis Treatment Cost In ThailandChat
What is Cervical Spondylosis?
Cervical spondylosis is a general term for age-related wear and tear affecting the spinal disks in the neck. As the disks dehydrate and shrink, signs of osteoarthritis develop, including bony projections along the edges of bones.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Cervical Spondylosis treatment involves medications such as Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, Corticosteroids, Muscle relaxants, Anti-seizure medications, Antidepressants, and Surgery in severe cases.
Who is the Right Doctor for Cervical Spondylosis Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for Cervical Spondylosis is an Orthopedic and Spine Surgeon.
Cervical Spondylosis can be detected by an X-ray, which can show abnormalities, such as bone spurs, that indicate cervical spondylosis, Neck X-ray can also rule out rare and more serious causes for neck pain and stiffness, such as tumors, infections or fractures, or a CT scan.
Cost related to Cervical Spondylosis Treatment in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Cervical Spine Surgery||USD 4500 to USD 5500|
|Anterior Cervical Discectomy||USD 9000 to USD 11000|
|Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF)||USD 8127 to USD 9933|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Cervical Spondylosis Treatment in ThailandFilter
Showing 31 Hospitals and doctors for Cervical Spondylosis Treatment in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Vejthani Hospital Bangkok, Thailand
- Vejthani Hospital, established in 1994, is one of the leading private international hospitals in Thailand that provides JCI-accredited quaternary health care services.
- Cutting-edge medical technologies, internationally trained specialists, world-class health care standards, and authentic Thai hospitality are their key competencies.
- The hospital serves over 300,000 patients from over 100 countries annually with over 200 inpatient beds.
- Providing a team of knowledgeable translators ensures they are able to communicate effectively in over 20 languages, aptly resolving issues regarding barriers to communication in healthcare.
- Over 300 specialists across multiple specialties at Vejthani Hospital provide a comprehensive range of quaternary medical services, including bone marrow transplant, total joint replacement surgery, kidney transplant, plastic surgery, dental, skin & laser treatment, spine surgery, and gastrointestinal disorder treatment.
- Vejthani Hospital has received one of the highest numbers of Clinical Care Program Certifications (CCPCs) from Joint Commission International (JCI) in the United States, which accredits top-tier hospitals that achieve the highest facilitation for patient safety.
- Vejthani Hospital’s clinical care programs for Diabetes Type II, Hepatitis B, Knee Replacement, and Lumbar Decompression and Fixation have received JCI CCPC.
- As two of the certified fields are subcategories of orthopedics, makes it is popular for patients to claim that the hospital patients gave the hospital the title ‘The King of Bones.
- Vejthani Hospital is the first hospital in the world to receive Hepatitis B CCPC and is the first in Southeast Asia to receive Lumbar Decompression and Fixation CCPC.
Doctors for Cervical Spondylosis Treatment in Thailand
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 43 years of experience
- Dr. Vera Sathira-Angkura is a senior and an internatioanally-qualified Spine Surgeon with +43 years of experience in the field.
- After completing a spinal surgery training in 1977 from the Queen's Medical Center, Nottingham, England, he did his MD in 1978 from Chiang Mai University, he underwent training for scoliosis at the Loyola University Hospital, Chicago, USA and then completed a diploma from the Federation Internationale de Medicine Sportive in the same year. In 1984, he completed a diploma from the Thai Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
- Dr. Vera Sathira-Angkura is an expert at performing spine surgeries such as, discectomy, foraminotomy, nucleoplasty, spinal fusion, artificial disk replacement, spinal fusion, kyphoplasty, vertebroplasty and spinal laminectomy. He also treats conditions of the spine such as, scoliosis, degenerative disc disease, herniated disc, spinal stenosis, back pain, ankylosing spondylitis, spinal deformiites/fractures/tumours/cancer.
- He has co-authored few research papers on various aspects of surgically and clinically treating the spine.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Areesak Chotivichit
Spine SurgeonAssociate Professor, 39 years of experience
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Areesak Chotivichit is a reputed Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon.
- He has 39 years of vast experience in his field.
- His areas of specialization are total joint replacement and spine surgery.
- He did MD from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 1982, Fellowship in Total Joint Replacement from University of California, Los Angeles, USA, in 1987.
- He became Diplomate of The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery in 1994 and also gained Fellowship in Spinal Reconstructive Surgery from Johns Hopkins Hospital School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA, in 1997.
Gp. Capt. Dr. Tayard Buranakarl
Spine SurgeonSenior Consultant, 32 years of experience
- Gp. Capt. Dr. Tayard Buranakarl is a skilled and experienced Spine Surgeon with over 32 years of industry experience.
- Multilevel cervical treatments, scoliosis surgery, and reconstructive lumbar operations using the most cutting-edge Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) techniques are among his areas of expertise.
- He is the Director of the Bangkok Spine Academy and Vice-President of the Thai Spine Society.
- Gp. Capt. Dr. Tayard Buranakarl has completed MD (1989) from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand.
- He is trained in Orthopedics (1995) from the Bhumibol Adulyadej Hospital, Thailand.
- He is also trained in Spine Surgery (2000) from Siriraj Hospital, Thailand.
- He has a Fellowship (2017) in Spine Surgery from the Bangkok Hospital Medical Center, Thailand.
- He has a fellowship in Spine Surgery (2000) from UCLA School of Medicine, the University of California, USA.
- Dr. Tayard is the ASEAN group's reference surgeon for Medtronic (the world's largest global spine technology company), as well as assisting with Medtronic surgeon training throughout the Asia-Pacific area.
- Gp. Capt. Dr. Tayard Buranakarl is well-versed in English and Thai.
Before Cervical Spondylosis Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Cervical spondylosis is the condition in which there is age related wear and tear which is affecting the spinal disc in neck. When the spinal disc dehydrates and sinks then the sign or osteoarthritis develops including bony projections along the edges of bone.
With age the bones and the cartilage which makes up the backbone and neck develops wear and tear and these changes result in dehydrated disc, herniated disc, bone spurs and stiff ligaments.
Usually there are no symptoms of cervical spondylosis when symptoms occur they can cause pain and stiffness in neck. Sometimes cervical spondylosis cause narrowing of the space needed by spinal cord such as tingling, numbness and weakness in your arms, hands, legs or feet, lack of coordination and difficulty walking and loss of bladder or bowel control.
Some of the risk factors of cervical spondylosis includes neck injuries, occupation, genetics and smoking.
Cervical spondylosis is usually symptomless. When symptoms do occur, they tend to resolve over time, often without treatment. If symptoms occur, treatment can help to reduce the impact.
During the Cervical Spondylosis Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Nonsteriodal anti-inflammatory drugs are the best treatment for cervical spondylosis such as cortocosteriods, muscle relaxants and antidepressant.
Cervical spondylosis surgery will take around four to six hours to complete in this surgery the bone from surrounding area and iliac crest are being used.
Cervical spondylosis may need surgery if the conservative treatment fails or some neurological signs and symptoms such as weakness in arms and legs worsen then surgery is needed to create a channel for spinal cord and nerve roots.
Cervical spondylosis is being treated by laminectomy in this procedure the doctor removes the bony arch which forms the backside of spinal canal along with any bony spurs and ligaments which are compressing the spinal cord.
After Cervical Spondylosis Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The incision from the surgery will heal within seven to fourteen days, so one to two weeks time is needed to recover from surgery.
The main complication of spondylosis is low back, mid back, or neck pain. Usually the back and neck pain caused by spondylosis is not serious, but some people develop chronic pain due to their condition.
You should avoid doing high intensity exercise and maintain neck muscle strength and mainly the neck extensor strength and avoid holding head in one position for longer time.
You should contact your doctor if you have severe pain, numbness or tingling in arms, muscle weakness, trouble in coordination or walking.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals