Bronchoscopy Cost In IndiaChat
What is Bronchoscopy?
Bronchoscopy is an endoscopic procedure to examine the airways including the bronchi, the main pathways to the lungs.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Bronchoscopy is an outpatient procedure in which the individual is sedated with MAC. During Bronchoscopy, the physician inserts a bronchoscope through the mouth down into the lungs via the throat.
Who is the Right Doctor for Bronchoscopy?
A pulmonologist who specializes in treating lung disorders is the right doctor to consult for Bronchoscopy.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate following Bronchoscopy is achieved in 93 percent of procedures.
Hole in the airway - bronchial perforation, bronchospasm, vocal cords irritability, bleeding, infection, pneumothorax which is caused by air in the space between the lung covering resulting in lungs to collapse are some of the complications that an individual may face after Bronchoscopy.
Cost related to Bronchoscopy in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Bronchoscopy||Rs.44400 to Rs.59200|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Bronchoscopy in IndiaFilter
Showing 126 Hospitals and doctors for Bronchoscopy in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- Established in 1983, one of the best hospitals for heart care in India.
- First Indian hospital to introduce techniques in coronary angioplasty, stereotactic radiotherapy and radio-surgery (for brain tumours).
- Major specialties includes Heart, Cancer, Bones, Joints & Spine, Organ Transplants, Neurology, Gastro & Colorectal, Bariatric Surgery, Gynaecology & Infertility and Ophthalmology.
- First Indian hospital to be awarded the IS0 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications.
- First hospital in South India to be accredited by the Joint Commission International USA and subsequently reaccredited 4 times.
- Declared as the 'Centre of Excellence' by the Government of India.
- Voted several times as the "Best Private Sector Hospital in India" by The Week magazine.
- Bagged the top 2 positions in the All India Multispecialty Hospital Survey 2016 conducted by Times Health.
- NABH and JCI Accredited
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital has an ENT surgery unit, which is well equipped with advanced technologies such as zeiss microscope, nasal endoscopes, flexible laryngoscopes, stroboscope, nerve monitoring facilities etc.
- The department has an audiology clinic, balloon sinuplasty, hearing aid center, vertigo clinic, voice & swallowing clinic, and many others.
- The ENT team performs both basic and advanced endoscopic sinus surgeries, micro ear/ micro laryngeal surgery, esophageal endoscopes, and surgery for deafness.
- Dr. Sanjiv Badhwar is one of the leading ENT surgeons at Medanta hospital, who has an experience of more than 30 years.
- He has performed more than 10000 surgical procedures within the last 10 years.
Doctors for Bronchoscopy in India
ENT SurgeonConsultant, 38 years of experience
- Dr. EV Raman is among the top ENT Surgeons with an experience of more than 38 years.
- He holds expertise in procedures like Otoplasty, congenital ear problems, ear reconstruction, endoscopic skull base surgery, cochlear implants, endoscopic sinus surgery, and many others.
- He has received the Guest Oration Award from Pakistan ENT Association Karachi.
- He was also awarded Col Dr. Bapatla Oration Award AOI Hyderabad and Guest Oration Award Society for the advancement of ENT in Children at San Diego, USA.
- In addition to this, he also received the Chief of Air Staff Silver Medal.
- After doing MBBS, Dr. Raman went to do MS in ENT from JSS Medical College, Mysore in 1980.
- Presently, he is a member of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India, the Indian Society of Otology, Indian Academy of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery, and Aerospace Medicine Society of India.
Cost of consultation for Bronchoscopy with Dr. E.V. Raman starts from INR 750.
ENT SurgeonConsultant, 33 years of experience
- Dr. EC Vinaya Kumar is one of the renowned ENT Specialists in India practicing successfully for more than 33 years.
- He holds expertise in the management and treatment of eardrum repair, head & neck surgery, hearing loss, ear infections, and many more.
- He completed MBBS from Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore in 1977 followed by MS in ENT from Osmania University in 1982. Later, in 1988, he pursued DLO from NOVA ENT Hospital, Hyderabad.
- He is a recipient of various awards and recognitions.
- He is actively associated with prestigious organizations.
- He has attended several conferences at the national and international levels.
Cost of consultation for Bronchoscopy with Dr. EC Vinaya Kumar starts from INR 800.
ENT SurgeonSenior Consultant, 45 years of experience
- Dr. P.L. Dhingra is a well-experienced ENT Surgeon, practicing successfully for more than 45 years.
- He holds expertise in Head, Ear, Throat, Nose and Neck Surgery.
- He has a special interest in surgery of the ear for alleviation of deafness, FESS (Functional endoscopic surgery of the nose and sinuses), and Microsurgery of the larynx for voice disorders and LASER surgery.
- He also teaches students of MBBS, DLO and MS (Master of Surgery) in ENT.
- Dr. Dhingra is the President of the Association of otolaryngologists of India, Delhi branch.
- He is a member of the All India Society of Rhinology, Otology Society of India, Society of Ear Balance Disorders, National Equilbremetic Society, National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, and AOI of Delhi.
- He is a member of the Advisory Board of VERTIGO update that is published by Elsevier (Singapore).
- He has penned a number of books and contributed articles in various Journals.
- He did his MBBS in and 196 and MS (ENT) in 1967 from the University Of Punjab and later pursued DLO and MNAMS.
Cost of consultation for Bronchoscopy with Dr. P. L. Dhingra starts from INR 2000.
Before Bronchoscopy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Bromchoscopy is the procedure in which the doctor looks at your lung disorders. In this procedure a thin tube called as bronchoscope is being passed through your nose or mouth and then from your throat to your lungs.
In bronchoscopy the doctor can view all the structures which forms the respiratory system such as your larynx, trachea and the smaller airways of the lungs called as bronchi and bronchioles.
A bronchoscopy can be used to diagnose a lung disease, a tumor, a chronic cough, an infection. The procedure can also be used to detect the source of pulmonary bleeding or identify foreign bodies in young children.
Advanced forms of imaging are sometimes used to conduct a bronchoscopy. In virtual the bronchoscopy a CT scan is being used to see the airways in more detail. In endobronchial ultrasound a probe is attached to bronchoscope to check for airways and in fluorescence bronchoscopy a fluorescent light is attached to the bronchoscope to see the inner side of the lungs.
Common reasons for needing bronchoscopy are a persistent cough, infection or something unusual seen on a chest X-ray or other test. This can also be done to obtain samples of mucus or tissues or to remove foreign bodies to provide treatment for lung problems.
- Identification of a lung infection
- Biopsy of tissue from the lung
- Removal of mucus, a foreign body, or other obstruction in the airways or lungs, such as a tumor
- Placement of a small tube to hold open an airway (stent)
Treatment of a lung problem (interventional bronchoscopy
During the Bronchoscopy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Bronchoscopy is usually done in a procedure room in a clinic or in a hospital operating room. The entire procedure takes about four hours. Bronchoscopy itself usually lasts about 30 to 60 minutes.
During bronchoscopy, the bronchoscope is placed in your nose or mouth. The bronchoscope has a light and a very small camera at its tip that displays pictures on a monitor which helps the doctor in guidance. The bronchoscope is advanced slowly down the back of your throat, through the vocal cords and into the airways. It may feel uncomfortable, but it shouldn't hurt. Samples of tissue and fluid may be taken and procedures may be performed using devices passed through the bronchoscope
After one to three days of the procedure you will get to know about the result. The doctor will then decide what treatment is needed and what procedure is to be followed. If biopsy was taken during bronchoscopy then it is needed to be reviewed by a pathologist.
Bronchoscopy is not painful, the bronchoscope is passed through the nose of your mouth, down the back of your throat and through the windpipe and then into the bronchi. The fibre-optics allow light to shine around bends in the bronchoscope and so the doctor can see clearly inside your airways.
A bronchoscopy is relatively quick, lasting 30 to 45 minutes. Because you’ll be sedated, you’ll rest at the hospital for a couple of hours until you feel more awake and the numbness in your throat wears off.
After Bronchoscopy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Complications from bronchoscopy are uncommon and usually minor, although they are rarely severe. Some of the complications of bronchoscopy are bleeding, collapsed lung and fever.
You'll be monitored for several hours after bronchoscopy. Your mouth and throat will probably be numb for a couple of hours. You won't be allowed to eat or drink until the numbness wears off. This helps keep food and liquids from entering your airways and lungs.
You should contact your doctor if you have fever for more than 24 hours, chest pain increasing day by day, difficulty in breathing, coughing few tablespoon of blood.
How much does Bronchoscopy cost in different cities in India?
The price for Bronchoscopy in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.37518 to Rs.58682
- Gurgaon: Rs.38480 to Rs.57720
- Noida: Rs.36075 to Rs.60125
- Chennai: Rs.38480 to Rs.55315
- Mumbai: Rs.39442 to Rs.58682
- Bangalore: Rs.37518 to Rs.56758
- Kolkata: Rs.36075 to Rs.54353
- Jaipur: Rs.33670 to Rs.53872
- Mohali: Rs.34632 to Rs.81770
- Ahmedabad: Rs.32227 to Rs.53391
- Hyderabad: Rs.37037 to Rs.56277
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by ENT Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
More searches related to Bronchoscopy
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Bronchoscopy in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Bronchoscopy in other countries compared to India is:
- Malaysia, USD 1600 to USD 2400, approximately 100% higher than India