Breast Cancer Treatment Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Breast Cancer?
The type of cancer that develops from the breast tissue and involves the mammary glands and other nearby muscles is known as Breast Cancer.
Early symptoms of breast cancer may include -
- Lump formation
- Thickening of the skin around nipples
- Irritation of the skin
- Dimpling of the breast
- In some cases blood or pus discharge
How is the Procedure Performed?
The treatment of breast cancer generally involves surgery along with radiation, chemotherapy, and in some cases hormone therapy as well.
The choice of treatment regime depends upon the type and stage of cancer.
Who is the Right Doctor for Breast Cancer Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for the treatment of breast cancer is a Gynecologist and a Medical Oncologist first.
If surgery is required after the consultation, then the patient can seek consultation from a Surgical Oncologist and Radiation Oncologist.
For reconstruction and care, a Plastic/Cosmetic Surgeon can be consulted.
What tests are required?
The common tests for diagnosis of breast cancer are mammography and biopsy.
For preventive measures, one should always do a self-examination to check for any lump or hardness in the breast area or armpit area.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The breast cancer survival rate is 90% if diagnosed in an early stage. This means 90% of the people after treatment can live up to 5 years.
This type of cancer is more common in females than males and is more commonly malignant cancer.
The cost of Breast Cancer includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include Breast ultrasound, Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), Biopsy, and Diagnostic mammogram.
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumor and the extent to which the tumor has spread)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Medicines (Tamoxifen (Nolvadex, Soltamox), pain killers)
Patient's hospital stay
Note - The patient will be required to visit the surgeon a week after the surgery to assess and remove any staples or stitches.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may be required.
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Cost related to Breast Cancer Treatment in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Breast Cancer||USD 5400 to USD 6600|
|Chemotherapy||USD 1800 to USD 2200|
|Breast Biopsy||USD 900 to USD 1100|
Breast Cancer Treatment in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Breast Cancer Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Breast Cancer Treatment in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 22 Hospitals and doctors for Breast Cancer Treatment in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital Medini Johor
- Gleneagles Hospital Medini Johor is a premier tertiary hospital located in the south of Malaysia.
- Being a multispecialty hospital, it offers various medical and surgical procedures such as Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT, Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Paediatric Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Joint Replacement & Sports Reconstructive Surgery, Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, General Surgery, and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
- It equipped with cutting edge medical technologies and procedures like Linear Accelerator Elekta Synergy equipped with Catalyst HD, 640-slice CT scan, CT Coronary Calcium Scoring, and Cardiac MRI.
- It is a Medisave-accredited hospital, approved by the Ministry of Health, Singapore.
- It also has an international patient care team that assist in appointment & discharge, visa, flights, airport transfers, emergency, accommodations, language interpretation, and sightseeing.
Ara Damansara Medical Centre, Selangor
Ara Damansara Medical Centre (ADMC), situated in Selangor, Malaysia is part of Ramsay Sime Darby Healthcare (RSDH) which is one of the leading private healthcare groups and a pioneer of advanced medical practices and technologies.
The Medical Centre has extensive medical and surgical specialities such as Breast Surgery, Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, General Surgery, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Oculoplastic Surgery, Oncology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Radiology to mention a few.
It also has a comprehensive Paediatric department which includes Cardiology, Dermatology, Neurology, Ophthalmology & Strabismus Surgery.
The Eye Care Unit is a speciality of the Medical Centre equipped with many of the latest ocular diagnostics and treatment, on par with some of the leading eye centres around the world.
It is supported by cutting edge medical technologies and equipment like 3 Tesla MRI Scanner and Dual Source Flash CT Scanner (low dose).
It has a dedicated International Patient Care Team that helps from hospital appointment and discharge, cost estimation, accommodations, hotels, language interpretation services, and local tours.
Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre, Johor Bahru
- With 7 years of experience in the industry, Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre, Johor Bahru provides a one-stop centre for Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine.
- It offers diverse services all related to aesthetics such as Cosmetic Surgery, Aesthetic Medicine, Healthy Aging, Hair Restoration, and Fat Reduction.
- The Centre is equipped with state-of-the-art technologies and facilities to provide optimal results to patients.
- It is licensed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) Malaysia and a member of the Malaysian Healthcare Travel Council (MHTC).
- The Centre is also a recipient of many awards such as The BrandLaureate - SMEs BestBrands Award Man of The Year & Brand of the Year 2020, Medical Travel Awards - International Cosmetic Surgery Clinic of the Year 2018, 2016, 2015 to mention a few.
Doctors for Breast Cancer Treatment in Malaysia
Medical OncologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr Winnie Ng Nyek Ping is an experienced Medical Oncologist with over 15 years of expertise.
- She possesses expertise in Cancer screening and treatment, Conformal radiotherapy, Intensity-modulated radiotherapy, Volumetric modulated arc therapy, Stereotactic radiotherapy, Brachytherapy, Chemotherapy, Hormonal therapy, Targeted therapy, Immunotherapy, Basic palliative care and more.
- Dr Winnie Ng Nyek Ping is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the European Society of Medical Oncology, the Malaysian Oncology Society, the Malaysian Medical Association and the Academy of Medicine, Malaysia.
- She gained her MBBS (2005) from the Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland.
- Dr Winnie Ng Nyek Ping acquired a Master's degree (2018) from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 42 years of experience
- Dr. Jayendran Dharmaratnam is one of the most reputed Medical Oncologists in Kota Kinabalu.
- He has 42 years of extensive experience in his field.
- He speaks English and Bahasa Malay.
- He did his MBBS from the University of Mysore in 1979, Diploma in Medical Radiotherapy & Oncology from Royal College of Radiologists, London, in 1993, and became a Fellow of the Faculty of Radiologists, Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland, in 1994.
Medical OncologistSenior Consultant, 40 years of experience
- Dato' Dr. Adel Zaatar is a well-known Medical Oncologist in Penang, practising for 40 years.
- He is one of the pioneers in the fields of Radiotherapy & Oncology in Malaysia.
- His area of expertise includes the management of all solid tumours of the breast, lung, gastrointestinal tract, urinary tract, nasopharynx and head & neck.
- He is a founding member of the Penang Breast Care Society and a member of the Academy of Medicine of Malaysia (AMM).
- Dato' Dr. Adel Zaatar has several publications, journals, and articles to his name.
- He has completed MB. BcH from Mansoura Medical School, Cairo, Egypt.
- He has done DMRT (Diploma in Radiology Therapy) from Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt.
- He has pursued DMRO (PG Diploma in Medical Radio-Diagnosis) from the Royal College of Radiologists, London, UK.
- Dato' Dr. Adel Zaatar is well-versed in English and Arabic.
Breast Cancer Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Our patient's testimonials related to Medical Oncologist
Treatment videos related to Medical Oncologist
FAQ videos related to Medical Oncologist
More searches related to Breast Cancer Treatment
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Breast Cancer in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Breast Cancer in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- India, USD 2400 to USD 3600, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia
- Turkey, USD 6800 to USD 10200, approximately 42% higher than Malaysia
- Thailand, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 17% lower than Malaysia
- Germany, USD 16800 to USD 25200, approximately 250% higher than Malaysia
- Israel, USD 5600 to USD 8400, approximately 17% higher than Malaysia
- Singapore, USD 14400 to USD 21600, approximately 200% higher than Malaysia