Breast Biopsy Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Breast Biopsy?
A biopsy is the process of removal of a small piece of tissue which is further observed and analyzed in a lab. For a breast biopsy, tissue may be removed with a special needle. The tissue is checked to observe the presence or absence of cancer or other abnormal cells.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Types of breast biopsies include:
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsy: A thin needle positioned into the lump or area of concern withdraws a small sample of fluid or tissue. No cut (incision) is needed. An FNA biopsy is performed to observe if the area is a solid lump or a fluid-filled sac (cyst).
- Core needle biopsy: A large needle guided into the lump or area of concern removes small cylinders of tissue called cores. No cut is required.
- Open (surgical) biopsy: A surgeon makes an incision in the breast and removes part or all of the lump or area of concern. If the lump is small, deep, and hard to find, wire localization may be used. This is performed using a thin needle with a very thin wire put into the breast. X-ray images guide the surgeon, and they follow this wire to find the lump.
- Ultrasound-guided core needle biopsy: During the procedure, the patient lies on their back or side on an ultrasound table. While holding the ultrasound device against the breast, the radiologist locates the mass and makes a small incision to insert the needle. The surgeon further takes several core samples of tissue
- MRI-guided core needle biopsy: During this procedure, the patient lies face down on a padded scanning table. Patients' breasts fit into a hollow depression in the table, and the MRI machine provides images that help determine the exact location of the biopsy. A small incision about 1/4 inch long (about 6 millimeters) is made to allow the core needle to be inserted. Several samples of tissue are taken.
Who is the Right Doctor for Breast Biopsy?
Surgeons or radiologists usually perform breast biopsies.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
A 96% success rate has been reported for breast biopsy.
The cost of Breast Biopsy includes:
- Type of biopsy (A needle biopsy costs less)
- Post-procedure cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Cost of medication, if required
- Patient's hospital stay, if required
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Post-procedure complications, if it happens [such as bleeding, wound infection, longer recovery, and scars (even if there is no cancer)]
- Age of the patient
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Breast Biopsy in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Breast Biopsy||USD 900 to USD 1100|
|Breast Cancer||USD 7650 to USD 9350|
|Breast Lumpectomy||USD 2340 to USD 2860|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Breast Biopsy in TurkeyFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Breast Biopsy in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
- The Hisar Hospital’s Oncology department team comprises well-trained specialists such as Medical Oncologists, Physicians, Chemotherapy Nurses, Radiologists, Surgeons, Psychologists, and Diet and Nutrition experts.
- The Hisar Hospital’s Oncology department offers services such as management of Breast Cancer, Gastrointestinal Cancers, Pancreatic Cancer, Liver Cancers, Gall Bladder and Tract Cancers, Lung cancer, Head and Neck Cancer, Malignant Mesenchymal Tumors, Brain Tumors, Kidney-Bladder Cancers, Prostate cancer, Melanomas, Lymphomas, Thyroid Cancer, Testicular Cancer, and Uterine Cancers.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
Medical Park is one of the largest hospital groups in Turkey having renowned Onco-surgeons & medical oncologists.
The hospital group gained the name of ''center of excellence'' for providing exceptional medical care to the patients.
Prof. Dr. Moshe Inbar is one of the renowned oncologists with 40+ years of experience associated with the Medical Park group.
He has expertise in the treatment of breast cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, and urologic cancer.
Medical Park, Istanbul is the first-ever private oncology center established in Turkey.
The Oncology center at Medical Park, Istanbul are exclusive as Medical oncology & Pediatric Oncology.
There is an entirely separate section for academics and research, which continuously strives to search for new technologies and methods for better treatment options.
The services that are offered by them include Radiotherapy (Linac, Hipec), Tomotherapy, Truebeam STx, Gamma Knife, etc.
In the case of metastasis, surgeons recommend therapeutic approaches such as chemotherapy, biological therapy, or hormone therapies for efficient treatment.
American Hospital, Istanbul
For 70 years a team of dynamic physical engineers, radiation oncologists, nurses, and radiotherapy technicians has been working towards eliminating cancer.
Established as the first international satellite clinic and considered one of the largest cancer centers in the world.
It is acknowledged worldwide for their treatment plan with the patient's high chances of survival.
Well equipped with world-class technologies and follows advanced imaging techniques for better diagnosis.
Services offered by them include Intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), Image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT), Breathhold 4 D treatments (ABC device), Stereotactic treatments (SRS and SRT), Brachytherapy., Total body irradiation, etc.
Doctors for Breast Biopsy in Turkey
Medical OncologistProfessor, 30 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Savaş Tuna is a well-experienced Medical Oncologist with over 30 years of experience.
- He specializes in Chemotherapy, Targeted drugs in cancer treatment, Immunotherapy, Cancer vaccines, Complementary and supportive therapies.
- After completing his medical education from Istanbul University, School of Medicine, he achieved Specialization from the internal medicine department and the Medical Oncology Department, Istanbul University Oncology Institute.
- Dr. Tuna is an active member of various organizations including the Turkish Medical Oncology Association (TTOD), Turkish Internal Medicine Specialist Association (TİHOD), Association of Turkey Ophthalmologists (THMD), and Turkey organ, tissue and cell transplantation Association.
- He has worked with many hospitals in the past including Etimesgut Air Hospital, Eitimim and Research Hospital, Ankara Atatürk Training and Research Hospital, and Medical Park Bahçelievler.
Medical OncologistProfessor, 24 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Nil Molinas Mandel is a Medical Oncologist with an experience of more than 24 years.
- She completed her medical school from Istanbul University Cerrahpaşa School of Medicine in 1978 followed by a major in Internal Medicine in 1983.
- In 1985, Prof. Dr. Nil Molinas Mandel started working for the Department of Internal Medicine at Cerrahpaşa School of Medicine.
- Prof. Dr. Nil Molinas Mandel earned the title of ‘Associate Professor’ in 1987 and ‘Professor’ in 1994.
- She is an active member of the Turkish Society of Medical Oncology, Turkish Society of Lung Cancer, Turkish Society of Gynecological Oncology, European Society of Medical Oncology, European Society of Gynecological Oncology, Society of Chemotherapy, Association of Senology, Turkish Association of Oncology Group, Association of Uro-oncology, Association of Psycho-oncology, Turkish Respiratory Society, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer and Association of Neuro-oncology.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr. Mustafa Ozdogan is an trained Medical Oncologist with over 15 years of practice.
- His area of specialization is Large Intestine (Colon Cancer), Cancer of the Jaw, Bladder Cancer, Bone Cancer, Gallbladder Cancer, Adrenocortical Cancer, and Breast Cancer Bowel Cancer.
- He is a member of the Turkish Medical Association, the European Medical Oncology Association, the Turkey Medical Oncology Association, the American Clinical Oncology Association, and the Antalya Breast Cancer Association.
- Dr. Mustafa Ozdogan gained his MBBS (1993) from Erciyes University.
- He did his specialization in Internal Medicine (2000) and Medical Oncology (2003) at Mediterranean University.
- Dr. Mustafa Ozdogan is the author of several publications and articles.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Breast Biopsy
Our patient's testimonials related to Medical Oncologist
More searches related to Breast Biopsy
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Breast Biopsy in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Breast Biopsy in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- Germany, USD 800 to USD 1200, approximately 0% higher than Turkey
- India, USD 400 to USD 600, approximately 50% lower than Turkey
- Israel, USD 2080 to USD 3120, approximately 160% higher than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 800 to USD 1200, approximately 0% higher than Turkey